On Saturday the 16th of February, I celebrated my 50 th birthday down in Lyrath with 22 other girls. We arrived down to Lyrath by mini bus at about 4.45pm. We had seven rooms booked, I had booked a balcony room for my two sisters and my self and as we where checking in we got a surprise we got up grade to the Pent House Suite. What an amazing surprise and a great start to my 50 th birthday. (Iona) the guest relation manager showed us up to the suite and could not do enought for us. The 22 of us started the party from then. At 8.30pm we went for dinner down in the wine cellar. We had the area to our selfs which was lovely we could all talk and laught with out disturbing any of the other guests. We had a fantastic meal/ wine. The staff Cathy, Donal Tom where just brillent. The chef ( Igor) made a stunning birthday cake, I would not have had dessert if I had know the birthday cake was coming out another surprise. After the meal we went up stairs to the x bar where there was music and we stayed up till the small hours of the morning. Breakfast the next morning was self service and amazing they had every thing. Some of the girls walked around the beautiful grounds as it way a bright sunny morning, the others went for swim. Bus pick us up 12.30 pm to return to Dublin. We all had a great night and every one said that they would return again to be pampered. Our thanks to every member of staff who we had contact with as each and every one of them gave out standing service in all departments, check in, house keeping, resturant and bar. A special work of thanks to Elaine Scott for her out standing customer care and attention to every detail.
Every one should go to Lyrath for their special days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre