We stayed in Lyrath for a weekend earlier this month with some friends of ours. The approach to the hotel on arrival is lovely.
Reception staff were very pleasant and friendly and we were offered help with carrying our bags to the room.
The room was really lovely and in particular I liked the bathroom which had a separate bath and a lovely walk in shower.
The bed was nice and comfy with beautiful soft sheets, there were feather pillows though which I'm just not a fan of.
We met up with the couple we were there with on the Friday night and had dinner in the bar which was really nice, if a little on the pricey side.
After our meal we went up to the bar beside the Asian restaurant where there was live music which we really enjoyed.
On the Saturday night we ate in the main restaurant and all four of us really loved it, everything put in front of us was absolutely delicious. I'd return to the hotel just for that restaurant alone!
The breakfast was also lovely, if a bit chaotic as it's self service. A pet hate of mine is hotels where you have to wait on toast separately, and so your breakfast is at the table getting cold while you queue up for toast. The first morning we had to go looking for someone to ask for tea, but other than that we really enjoyed it.
Overall it was a lovely stay and I'd definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre