This is a large very busy hotel. There was queue for check in but it did move fairly quickly. Check in was impersonal and not particularly welcoming. I was asked to insert my initials in 2 boxes. I did so and then decided to check the small print under them. I had agreed to a €100 fine if I smoked in my room or made excessive noise. Not a problem for me as I would do neither but it does indicate that noise is an issue at the hotel. Parking is a bit away from the hotel.
The balcony room was itself (404) was beautiful but noisey as it is near the lift and over the kitchen. The extractor fan from the kitchen was switched on at 06.00 hrs. I did request a quiet room with a view, when making the booking. I was informed that "all their rooms have a view"! I lodge a complaint with the receptionist regarding the extractor fan and was informed that nobody else had ever complained about it.
We had breakfast in the room which arrived on a wheeled trolley that opened out to a table. Ingenious! Room service was friendly.
Lyrath Estate Hotel is very suitable if you have small children and they seemed to be having a great time. I would not recommend it for relaxation. We wanted to use the cinema but it only showed kids movies, even after 21.00hrs
Overall I would say that you wont get "a hundred thousand welcomes" here which I would expect in a five star hotel. Go to the Sheen Falls Lodge in Kerry for that! The staff could do with some training on hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at Yew Restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper’s is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Lyrath Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre