Myself and the husband got married here on 2nd August 2013. We fell in love with The Lyrath Estate 3 years previous when we stayed in a suite for valentines. When we got engaged in South Africa a year and a half later we emailed them immediately to see if they had availability for the date we wanted. On our return to Ireland after our holiday we had looked at other hotels but as far as we were concerned they didn't match the Lyrath. We ended up having the whole thing booked 3 weeks after our engagement.
We had unusual requests and they helped out with all of them. They were just so accommodating and helpful!
The quality of food and the wine is hugely important to me as my family are big into going out for dinner. The menu tasting a few weeks before hand was great. The food was fab and anything we questioned, they would muster up an alternative in the kitchen on the spot and in the end, any guests we were talking to told us they absolutely loved the food and wine chosen. The wine was equally important for us so The Lyrath and they're suppliers were very accommodating when finding us alternative wines that had not been on the original wine list. I must say I was very impressed with this and though we went with their Merlot which is gorgeous we chose a white not on the original wine list.
On the day the hotel were very helpful and we had a very relaxing morning having our hair and make up done in the bridal suite which gave us plenty of space that morning as many people were in and out of our room.
The grounds were gorgeous for getting our pictures taken and the photo's looked amazing in the Lyrath. What i love about the Lyrath is you do not need to stop at any other location on the way to your hotel as the Lyrath has it all.
The guests enjoyed the canape's and punch, and in no time at all we were going down to the ballroom to our guests for the reception. The Lyrath had the room looking amazing for our guests.
As we had a biggish wedding we had 2 of the ballrooms connected and the dance floor did not have any of the guests tables on it. We loved this idea because it can be really annoying when your at a table at a wedding, and then when its moved you have nowhere to go.
The banqueting staff were on top form. Very professional but there was an element of fun to them too which myself and the hubby really enjoyed.
Over all, from working with the wedding coordinators, reservations, managers, reception staff and banqueting staff we had the most wonderful wedding experience with the Lyrath. Our guests loved the setting, the Lyrath itself, loved the atmosphere at the wedding, loved the food and wine, loved the dancing and that is all you want from a good wedding.
Wanted to most especially thank Gill and Dervla in Events, Terry and Ian that were managers, Alma in reservations, Iona in reception, and Kathy in banqueting that took care of our top table.
Thanks again guys and keep up the good work :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre