“Most enjoyable stay”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone. i had the best weekend break in July. The staff were so friendly and willing to help at all costs. The food in Yindees was outstanding and was of Michelin star quality.The spa and the rooms were really nice. My partner thoroughly enjoyed the leisure centre and has in fact recommended it to all of his friends. I would just like to say a special thanks to all of the receptionists especially the two red haired ladies as i found there manner and helpfulness exceptional. Would have appreciated some conditioner in the shower and a bigger mug wouldn't go astray.

Room Tip: had a lovely room with a view of the pond, recommended highly
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Lauren F

Many thanks for the time you have taken to share your review on Trip Advisor following your recent Visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

It is very pleasing to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us in July, and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay. Our team in Yindees were very pleased to have their food praised so highly, and have asked that I convey their thanks for such lovely comments. Likewise Caroline in the Spa has asked me to pass on her sincere thanks for the compliments regarding the service and standards in the Oasis spa. I have also conveyed your compliments to Rachel and Collette on reception, they really do provide the very best of welcomes, and a very warm and helpful attitude in everything they do.

I am very pleased that you found your stay to be great value for money, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Iain

Write a ReviewReviews (2,533)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed in the Lyrath for 3 days in July (stay too short!). Fantastic staff, from the porter to reception staff, waiters, waitresses, bar staff, the nicest I've met in a very long time, smiling, helpful, professional, interested! We were celebrating a 60th and were given a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful, big, clean, bright room with a/c and lovely bathroom. We also had terrace with table and chairs overlooking the fountain which was wonderful because the sun was blazing down! I had been worried that the room would be too small for the three of us but it was really great. Breakfast was lovely, dinner was fantastic. Beautiful sittingrooms in the old part of the hotel overlooking the garden, lovely seating areas, fresh fruit on the table. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay so memorable. You are such an asset to the hotel. We had such a lovely time. Great hotel. Will be back

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade, you can be lucky sometimes! The terrace was a real bonus with double doo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sheelagh M

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor Following your recent stay with us at the Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

It is very pleasing to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us in July, and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay. Clearly our biggest asset is the outstanding team who provided you with outstanding service in all areas throughout your stay with us. I have passed on your kind comments to all concerned, they are thrilled that the service they provided for you stood out.

I am really pleased you were able to fully enjoy all areas of the property and had the opportunity to enjoy the period charm of the old house. It was also very pleasing to know that you really enjoyed the food both at breakfast and dinner.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Spent a 2 night short break here recently with my mum. Absolutely loved the place.... The service & atmosphere were outstanding. Food was excellent - really good choice at breakfast & the one dinner we had was really good quality & perfectly cooked. Didn't avail of spa on this trip but intend to go back sooner rather than later.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ross L

It is very pleasing to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us in September , and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay. Clearly our biggest asset is the outstanding team who provided you with outstanding service in all areas throughout your stay with us. I have passed on your kind comments to all concerned; they are thrilled that the service they provided for you stood out.

I am very pleased that you found your stay to be great value for money, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future, hopefully you will be able to enjoy the relaxation and atmosphere of our Oasis spa upon your return

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Lyrath. All I can say is Wow. Cannot commend it highly enough. The Staff were so genuine and helpful. They made us feel completely at home. This is the ideal hotel for a luxury relaxing get away. The room was very comfortable, the grounds are beautiful but its the food there that was one of the greatest highlights. Exceptional food in a Fabulous setting.Thanks to all at the Lyrath, Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shane S

It is very pleasing to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us in August , and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay. Clearly our biggest asset is the outstanding team who provided you with outstanding service in all areas throughout your stay with us. I have passed on your kind comments to all concerned; they are thrilled that the service they provided for you stood out.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

During July myself and my partner were attending a wedding in a different hotel in Kilkenny but we decided to stay in the Lyrath as we've heard so much about it. This was the best decision we could have made!! We arrived early as we were due to go to the nearby church for the service. The kind porter took our luggage from the car and even brought it to our room after we checked in at the desk. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. when we mentioned our intent to travel to a wedding they gave us contact details of local taxi services to bring us home. they even booked our outgoing taxi making the move as smooth as possible.

Our room was spotless and spacious. The separate shower and bath really makes the difference in standing out from other hotels. The view from our 4th floor room was of the beautiful parkland and it really made us feel we were miles away from everywhere. The location of this hotel is perfect with only a 5 minute drive into the city centre.

Unfortunately we did not get to avail of either restaurant that evening but breakfast in the La Perla restaurant was an abundance of choice and taste. There was such a huge selection, everything was delicious and the friendly breakfast staff even made our eggs to order, something my partner would be fussy about.

We had booked into the Oasis Spa for a treatment each after our breakfast. The back, neck and shoulder massage was just what we needed. It's not often we get away so this was such a treat to have. The Spa was clean, tranquil and relaxing. I would highly recommend the hydrotherapy pool!

We checked out shortly after 12.30. (the lovely receptionist allowed us have that little bit extra when we told of our treatments). On checkout the receptionist on duty was the same as the previous day and she was ever so nice to ask how the wedding went. this was a nice touch to have such a personal relationship with guests. The helpful porter took our car keys and brought the car around and helped load up our luggage. Every member of staff we encountered on our trip were all genuinely lovely. a rare find.

I can't wait to return to this hotel on a leisure break. I am looking forward to trying the restaurants and enjoy more of the grounds. I saw other guests on bicycles and this is a great service. I will defo recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MrsUnaB

Thank you for choosing Lyrath Estate as your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Kilkenny, It is pleasing to know this was the best choice you could have made and that you enjoyed all aspects of your short break with us, and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay.

Caroline and her team in the Oasis spa have asked me to pass on their sincere thanks for your lovely comments regarding the service and standards they provided for you.

I am very pleased that you found your stay to be great value for money, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future, and hope you have the opportunity of enjoying our restaurants and the fantastic quality and range of cuisine provided by Gerard and his team

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We are just finishing a 2 day stay at the Lyrath, it was a package offered by the Irish Times ( Rewarding Times) it seemed a very keen price when we took up offer and now having been here It has been all round one the BEST breaks & Best value we ever been on. From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly & attentive, rooms very clean . We had a meal in the Le Perla restuarant last nite, the Food, the Atmosphere, the Setting were Luxurious & V Relaxing . Over the two days we made use of their Leisure Club & Thermal Suite again Staff & Facilities were very friendly & facilities very clean. The only negative comment we could make is that the spa prices for treatments are very high. However this is trualy a 5* experience and defiantly worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brendan J

Thank you for choosing Lyrath Estate as your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Kilkenny, It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your short break with us, and that the team here went out of their way to ensure that their service was of the highest standard throughout your stay.

Gerard And his team of chefs and Anand and his restaurant team go out of their way to provide outstanding cuisine and service and it is rewarding to know they have provided the very best for you during this visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I recently stayed in the lyrat hotel from the moment I arrived at the hotel till I left the staff and atmosphere was amazing everyone was so friendly and helpful food was georgeous and rooms was so clean and comfortable out of all the hotels I have stayed this was by far the best I would highly recommend this hotel and will defiantly be returning Mrs E Curtis

• Stayed: September 2013