“Overnight break with the girls”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Carlow, Ireland
“Overnight break with the girls”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Just back from an absolutely splendid Saturday night stay in the hotel with 3 friends. I honestly could not fault the level of service and professionalism that we were met with down there from every member of staff that we dealt with.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear CreamyBeamy

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Lyrath is a very impressive hotel. We were greeted by a very helpful and cheery doorman. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room was very well equipped. Excellent beds and linen, very clean and modern bathroom. When we arrived, a wedding had just taken place and the bar was absolutely filled with revellers. It was impossible to find a space. We found another quiet area in the hotel which was just finishing serving afternoon tea. My wife asked the young lady on duty there if this area served drinks. She replied no but gave us a table to sit at, took an order then went out to organise some drinks for us and brought them back. Excellent service, with a smile! The restaurant was very comfortable with a great menu. The breakfast provided was also much better than the standard hotel fare. A great stay. We wish we had more than one night here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ken 554

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Lyrath for a wedding. I am a bit confused by this hotel to be honest. It felt a bit all over the place both in terms of decor and it's target market. The hotel is designed around and incorporates the beautiful 17th c Lyrath House. The service was good and the bedroom was modern, extremely large and well equipped. However the Hotel also comprises a Convention Centre, a Yindees Thai/Oriental Restaurant, a trendy X-Bar, a Spa ....... a strange mish mash of too many styles/themes. Also, the place was thronged with people and there were an awful lot of children on the loose. Breakfast was a slight rugby scrum. I know that this is not the fault of the hotel, but I would have to say that I would not recommend it for a quiet/romantic weekend away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Veniredenovo
Dear veniredenovo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Lyrath for a weekend before christmas.the atmosphere on arrival was very festive.there was a great buzz in the foyer and a pianist playing xmas music.the staff at reception were friendly and professional.The room was superb with beautiful views.Dinner very enjoyable staff excellant in the dining room. will definiiatly be back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Brid 66

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent a weekend recently in Lyrath and I must say that I was impressed from the first minute we entered the hotel. We were given an upgrade (for some reason) and our room was beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. The food was very good and the staff were wonderful. I really enjoyed the few days there and I would recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade and our room was very quiet although there ws a wedding on each day
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anne B

Laois
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here over the Xmas period for a night. I must say some of the features of the hotel are exceptional! The rooms are great, the staff are great. The spa was a little bit of a let down. The bar upstairs closed way to early. No tv or entertainment in the late bar downstairs. The big let down was the amount of screaming kids around with no order on them. It was like being in a crèche, not a relaxing break away. Overall I don't feel you get value for the very high price you pay. However I would like to finish on a positive note and say that the Irish restaurant in the hotel was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel M

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My friends and I enjoyed a 1 night spa break including afternoon tea. Our massages were wonderful. The spa area is very relaxing, especially the semi outdoor pool. The staff are friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent place to stay not far from Kilkenny!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends