Lyrath Estate
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
2,626 results
All reviewsla perlatuppers barthai restaurantyindees restaurantthermal suiteoasis spahydrotherapy poolold houseexecutive roomafternoon teaturn down serviceon arrivalrelaxation roomstar experiencelovely groundsmain restaurantspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Last Sunday we had my son's Confirmation Lunch in La Perla Restaurant in Lyrath Estate Hotel. We had a group of 24 adults and 12 children. The Children had a fantastic day, and were so well looked after in the Restaurant, their food was so efficiently and promptly served when we sat down, I had pre-ordered from a very impressive children's menu the day before.
This made everything so relaxed and enjoyable for us all. Then the big hit after lunch for the children was been able to watch a movie in their own private cinema ! A huge thanks to Gerard and his kitchen team who also made a delicious cake for the event and to Brian and his restaurant team. Everyone was so impressed with such a delicious lunch and extremely attentive and friendly service. Definitely 5 stars !! can't wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Andreaf024

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a really nice midterm family break staying for two nights at the Lyrath. From the moment we arrived in the pouring rain we were warmly greeted by the doorman and all staff. Our room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the childrens activities which were available during this schools out week and of course the lovely treat of pancakes and waffles which were available during breakfast. My husband and I had a delicious meal in the La Perla on our first night. All our dealings with staff were pleasant and efficient. The hotel was very busy during our stay and breakfast on our second morning was extremely busy but the staff did their utmost to keep smiling and deliver a high level of service to all hotels guests. We have stayed in many hotels and the level of service was very high we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Keating JT

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff! Concierge is such a gent!! Beautifully decorated for Christmas!we had afternoon tea as a family for 2.5 hours. Relaxed & top of tea offered regularly! 5 afternoon teas & everything was plentiful. Looking forward to next year already !

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Angestar

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

From arrival to departure this hotel was good but lacked that little something to set it apart. Executive room was a good size and staff were good except for check-in where we were the only couple in the reception area but the 2 reception staff appeared uninterested in having to check us in! Another member of staff showed us to the room and he was excellent in his description of what was on offer in the hotel. There were remedial works taking place during our 2 day stay and although the work was being carried out in the distance the "drilling" of masonry permiated our room from morning to late afternoon. Breakfast was good but do take note of the menu on your table as you would need to order items like porridge and poached eggs from it. A small tip for the hotel breakfast is that small trays should be provided to save you the many trips you need to make to the buffet as your table can be a distance away. We had a meal in La Perla but found it overpriced while the food didn't stand up to the menu description!
We would return in the future with no works going on and hope the "welcome" we received was a once off!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are perfect for comfort
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Courtmac 62

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and found the overall service and food quality to be good.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Perfect & Wonderful get-away weekend after the rush of Christmas. Staff friendly, courteous and helpful. Lovely atmosphere and ambience in the hotel lobby, bar and restaurant. Rooms lovely, food excellent. Toured Kilkenny during the day and seen all the sights and enjoyed our visit immensely. Will go back during the summer. Nice escape and not too far to travel from East Coast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hanfin

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.