I have been a frequent visitor to Lyrath over the past few years and therefore think I can give an honest opinion based on my experiance. Previous to my last visit I have always enjoyed my stay which is why I chose to return. Based on last visit I think it may be my last
We booked a night away (our first child free in 3 years) and decided to treat outselves to a suite. Suite was lovely but beginning to show slight signs of wear and tear and I dont know if the mattress needs replacing or has been replaced poorly but was the most uncomfortable matress Ive slept on in a long time. Had only stayed in hotel 7 months previous and no issue with mattress on that stay. Also the demand service wasnt working on the TV in the room so our plan to watch a movie wasnt to be. We did notify a member of staff to see if it could be fixed and in fairness they did try resetting it (to no avail) but did admit it had stopped working in the bad weather. I do think a hotel that claims to be 5* needs to have issues like this addressed and resolved ASAP and if a service is advertised it should be available. Biggest issue though was the maintenace work ongoing outside hotel. It would have been nice to be informed of this either on booking (we rang to book a few days earlier) or on check in as I would have requested another room. Too late when youre trying to have a long anticipated lie on and are awoken from 9am by the constant drilling and banging of the walls right outside your room. We had booked a late checkout but was wasted because we couldnt really use it
Think this was the most disappointing aspect of our stay. We had lunch in Tubbers bar on arrival and previous to this trip have always found the food delicious. This time myself and partner both ordered steaks. They were dreadul. While they were cooked as ordered, they hadnt been rested which meant they arrived on our plates swimming in juices and were tough and didnt taste like a good quality steak. We had dinner in Yindees that night and food was OK. Nothing wrong as such but with the price your paying just expected more in terms of flavour and quality of food. It wasnt just us either. Got chatting to couple at next table, also on a return visit and their view was same as ours. Due to a mixup in the kitchen they had nearly an hour wait between starter and main and they thought food when it finally arrived was "disappointing" and had lost the freshness enjoyed on previous visits
In general the staff as always were amazing. Friendly, helpful and whatever downfalls the hotel is suffering its not due to them. Only exception to this was Maitre 'D in Yindees who made a smart remark when seating us. I asked if we could have another table when he was seating us as we wanted to be facing each other rather than sitting beside each other. Wasnt too happy with the request. Not sure why as plenty of empty tables.
We decided to us the pool on 2 occasions while we were there and both times children were in/around the Jacuzzi which was clearly marked as over 18's. Sometimes signs arent clear or parents choose to ignore them fair enough. On our previous trips pool staff always inforced this, in a very nice way but meant they were child free. This time staff seemed to ignore it so a realxing Jacuzzi was no longer a realxing Jacuzzi with children trying to get in
In summary I dont know if Ill return because for the money we spent I expected more. Little rest, poor food and amenities not availble made for a less thasn enjoyable stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper’s is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee’s serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre