Lyrath Estate
US$220
  • Restaurant
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$208
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$261
Orbitz.com
US$303
US$226
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$162
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,631 results
All reviewsla perlatuppers barthai restaurantyindees restaurantthermal suiteoasis spahydrotherapy poolold houseexecutive roomafternoon teaturn down serviceon arrivalrelaxation roomstar experiencelovely groundsmain restaurantspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

stayed here with my wife on St.Patricks day when the hotel was fully booked.

The hotel's communal areas are stunning with the spa being very special, we treated ourselves to a couples massage which was incredible and definitely would recommend this. Our room was on to bottom floor and the room was well presented and had a wonderful bathroom. I found the bed to be poor and did not get a good nights sleep with my wife having the same criticism.

Check in service was slow but staff were courteous, several of the small things such as bags being delivered to the room were not done although we were told it had been taken up, I guess this is a side effect of a full hotel.

Lunch in tuppers bar was good but not outstanding. Dinner in la perla was again good with great service from our waiter Artur, wine list is small with reasonable wines but not what I expected from a venue that sells part of the experience of having a wine cellar. I did find it a bit odd having dinner in the same massive room as breakfast is served and there were kids everywhere due to Tuppers closing early that night.

I will return just for the spa, although next time I will probably eat off site rather than eating in Lyrath

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear PRogers Dublin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your recent spa day with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

I would also like to thank you for the consructive feedback you have offered regarding areas of improvement, and please be assured I have acted upon the areas you have kindly highlighted.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We were excited about staying here as we had heard so much about it and decided to stay for our wedding anniversary. On arrival we were impressed with the building itself and the receptionist was very welcoming. It was a little hectic when checking in as it was after 1pm so other guests were checking out. As our room wasn't ready we went to Tupper's bar where we enjoyed afternoon tea. The staff there were very efficient and friendly. When we entered our room we were surprised and disappointed that there was scaffolding outside our window. The window itself was also dirty. I understand that maintenance needs to be done but this did disappoint us. We ate in Tuppers bar again that night as the main restaurant downstairs was closed (when I asked the gentleman at the front desk if I could see the menu he was a little abrupt and rudely informed me that the restaurant wasn't open that evening). The food in the bar was very tasty, a little pricey but the staff were excellent. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and again the staff were efficient and courteous. Unfortunately we didn't get to use the spa and leisure facilities. The next morning we were woken up just after 8am to an unpleasant banging noise outside the window (obviously building works)This was annoying as it disturbed and woke our 8 month old- we were hoping for a lie in.Overall we enjoyed our stay but it was tainted by the unpleasant view from our bedroom window and our early wake up call.I did express my disappointments to the receptionist when checking out and she was apologetic and offered an upgrade if we were returning in the future. Lyrath is a nice hotel with a lot of positive features,however I'm not sure if we will return for a while...

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Offalymammy
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Offalymammy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

I am also grateful to you for highlighting the excellent staff at Lyrath. As you saw whilst staying with us, we are investing in improving the property, and whilst this does bring some short term and regrettably unavoidable disruption, our ongoing and long terms commitment is centered on investing in this excellent hotel and driving standards forward.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com; I would welcome the opportunity of a more detailed discussion with you regarding our future plans.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent a weekend here with friends of ours on a dinner bed and breakfast package. Rooms were very nice but I had to ring reception to ask for hair conditioner. They had it delivered to our room within minutes though so excellent service. Dinner and breakfast were wonderful. Big portions and everything tasted great!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martina k

Dear Martina K,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Lyrath Estate Hotel with my colleague on business on 26th/27th March 2014. From the outset, a beautiful hotel, in fantastic surroundings with great food and brilliant staff.

We started our stay in Tupper's Bar where we were greeted by a friendly waitress called Lara. Nothing was ever too much trouble for her, or any of the team - we had some great sandwiches for lunch - although there were set sandwiches on the menu, she said we could have anything we liked on them so we made our own!

The rooms were spacious, very clean and luxurious. The bathroom was a good size and included a large bath, walk in shower and a separate toilet area. I wasn't in the room for very long but did sleep well in the comfortable double bed.

In the evening, we had a meal in the La Perla restaurant, the food was beautifully presented and the staff were very helpful - I had a chicken dish which was really tasty. The service for breakfast the following morning in the La Perla restaurant was equally as good - the waiter offering to get us some drinks and taking time to ask us about our day ahead.

While I didn't have time to go to the Spa I would definitely go back to do so. A member of staff willingly showed me around; they have many treatment rooms and a hydrotherapy pool which looked amazing.

All in all, a fantastic visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel and I'm sure I will be back sometime soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear LBFlow,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to Lara and the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

PROS

- Friendly
- Conversationalists
- Relaxing
- Food was brilliant
- Very punctual on time of ordering food to service
- Luxurious

CONS

- Internet very bad Wi-Fi
- TV Wasn’t working (but can look pass it)
- A bit disappointed that sauna and steam room were out of order.

Overall my stay was great, it is a very friendly place and courteous. The service was brilliant and preformed to the utmost perfection. The check-in was really good as the receptionist was very polite and helpful and set the tone for the rest of the stay. Dinner in Yindees was a treat, the food was excellent. The breakfast was delicious and there was no shortage of anything and the staff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile for us for anything. The spa area was relaxing and the staff there was amazing and friendly (Best back, neck & Shoulder Massage I have had in years). The only downfall was the Internet as I wanted to get some work done but couldn’t.

Brendan Mulhall

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Brendan M,