“Fantastic Hotel. Superb staff.”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Wexford, Ireland
“Fantastic Hotel. Superb staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I organised a girlie weekend for 30 girls and from the very moment I spoke to reservations about the booking until we booked out I was treated with friendliness and professionalism beyond compare.
Check in was made very easy (which was no mean feat with 30 girls and all their luggage!!) All our rooms were beautiful,with attention to detail second to none.
We dined in the Wine Cellar restaurant which was reserved just for us and our meal (which was included in the package) was gorgeous and we had some fussy eaters among us but even they were delighted with the delicious food we ate.
We finished the night off in the Xbar which had live music and plenty of cocktails!!
Will definitely come back to the Lyrath but next time I might bring the hubby for a romantic weekend!!

• Stayed April 2014
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear LiviaC74,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband to Lyrath Estate again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us to make your stay more memorable.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay in the Lyrath with my aunts for a girlie birthday weekend. The rooms were fab, spacious and clean. The staff very friendly, especially Tom who welcomed us to the hotel and helped with our bags. We ate in Tuppers bar which is great for a light lunch and we had dinner in Yindees which was gorgeous. There were 2 weddings on in the hotel over the weekend but it did not take away from our stay. We will hopefully be back for a third stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Elaine K,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend for a family wedding .have to say hotel is lovely ,very clean and we enjoyed our stay but a few things in my opinion needed to be changed
Our room was a double and single bed (our son was sharing with us ) there is no bathroom door which I found very strange .there is a toilet separate to the bath & shower which did have a door but none from bedroom ?? I had to have my husband being my son off so I could shower .
We went for breakfast the next morning and as we walked to our table the waiter stopped me & told me slippers where not allowed in the dining room(there is a sign that I didn't see .i had a floor length dress on so have no idea how he even noticed )so be prepared to have to leave & change if you have sore feet from a wedding .also it seems it's fine to wear flip flops if for a child to go on a scooter just not wear slippers .some staff can be a little snooty but I guess some five star hotels require this .(I worked in 5star hotels and didn't think it was a requisite )
Over all I found the hotel nice (we didn't try the spa ) but a bit pretentious & only for the wedding I doubt I would return

• Stayed April 2014
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Shardylan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have been lucky enough to stay at this hotel several times and have attended several family celebration meals in La Perla - Birthday's, including my own, 1st Communion, Christening and a family wedding and this year Lunch for Mother's Day. Every visit has been memorable for the right reasons! The Wedding was particularly beautiful and the Old House provided an excellent back drop for the photographs and the meal was outstanding - full marks to the chef and all the staff for the table and bar service. Strongly reccomend that any couples planning a wedding should visit Lyrath to see what they offer. All the staff at this hotel are extremely professional but also very friendly and will always go that "extra mile" to ensure even the smallest request is attended to - from the reception staff , bar staff, waiters and waitresses and the staff who keep the whole place so clean. The rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean - including the bathrooms. The food in all 3 eating areas, Bar, Resturant and Yindees is absolutely fabulous - only problem SO MUCH CHOICE!!!. small tip before eating at this hotel Ditch the Diet 'cause the puddings are to die for!!! Facilities within the hotel are excellent - The Spa certainly fulfils it's promises, the Cinema and the Leisure Centre offers an opportunity to work off the extra calories gained from eating the breakfast which is amazing!. Have been fortunate to stay in many 4 & 5 Star hotels in both Ireland and UK but seriously believe that everyone should stay here for a couple of nights just to see what 5 Star Luxury is really about. Hopefully will be visiting again in the summer

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank irsihlass
Dear irishlass,

The team and I are delighted you visit so regularly to the hotel and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

well travelled
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We spent two nights in the lovely Lyrath Hotel. The staff were super efficient and friendly. Our room was a fabulous size with a big balcony at the end of the building that gave us a beautiful view of the estate.
I had pre-paid for two evening dinners. We had a delicious meal on the Saturday night in the "La Perla" restaurant. The breakfast was the full five star treatment each morning, with everything, fresh and plentiful. On the Sunday evening we discovered that the La Perla restaurant was closed (Apparently it only opens every second night) so we were sent to the other restaurant "Yindee's Oriental" where the food choice was only oriental. We were disappointed as we are lovers of great Irish food and would have changed our eating plans had we known.

The weather was not great but we still had a number of walks around the estate and down by the river. It was beautiful. The old house which is part of the hotel is well worth a visit. The hotel is a short drive from Kilkenny town centre and castle, with all its attractions.

We travel extensively and stay in good hotels so I would like to make one suggestion, and it is that, when staying in a deluxe room in a five star hotel, there should be a super-king sized bed and not a double and a single, also it was one of those rare stays that our night clothes were just tossed on the bed. These are not a criticism, just a suggestion.

We enjoyed our stay and would certainly go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear ejoeIrish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your recent spa day with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Recently attended a hen night at this hotel. The hotel lobby is beautiful when you walk in, the car pack is only a 2minute walk but as this was full I had to park in the overflow car park- little bit further away. We had a 'movie night' as part of the hen package. There was no phone in the room to ring the bar to order drinks so a lot of our party were in and out of the bar in PJs, the bar staff mentioned it was not acceptable to do this which was understandable with other guests in the bar- but still nobody came to take drinks orders?! The breakfast was delicious and quick.
Beds weren't the most comfortable but bathroom was spotless and big, with a great shower!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allyk10
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Allyk10 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am also grateful to you for highlighting that we have no phone service from our cinema to the bar. This service would greatly benefit you as our guest and it is an area I will now look to improve on.

Best Wishes

dublin,ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We attended a wedding that was being held at Lyrath House and stayed one night at the hotel. We arrived at lunch time and elected to leave checking in for a while as the service was due to start an hour later. We adjourned to Tuppers Bar for a drink and were looked after quickly and efficiently. Throughout the day during the course of service and reception we found all the staff we encountered to be excellent and nothing to be too much trouble.

We checked in painlessly between the wedding service and dinner and dropped our bags to our room. The room was very big,featuring a double and single bed,large bath and walk in shower. To be honest we didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room but it was very comfortable.

We had breakfast the next morning and i can honestly say it was one of the best hotel breakfasts i've ever had. A huge selection of cooked items as well as pastries etc,all presented brilliantly and the quality was top notch. We checked out later that morning using the express check out facility and were on our way home. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel and look forward in future to exploring it and its grounds properly at some stage.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear JohnK9874,