“Most definitely be back!”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Galway, Ireland
“Most definitely be back!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My sister held her wedding at the Lyrath. We stayed for 2 nights and it was a fantastic, intimate wedding. On arrival, my partner and I were greeted by the friendly door man. Checking in was pleasant, informative and the receptionist Deirdre was extremely helpful.. Our bags were immediately taken from us and placed in our room. Our room was spacious, very clean with chocolates on our pillows and a lovely view of the grounds.
As a family, we dined in the Thai resturant Yindees. The service and the food was super. Cant wait to return to dine there again!
On the day of the wedding, we got ready in a suite. We ordered room serviceon several occasions for the bridal party and everything was quick, tasty and served well. The cermony was held in one of the rooms in the old part of the house. The ceremony was very intimate and the room was set up adequately. Our main meal was held in the old part of the house. The service was fantastic, staff were attentive and friendly and the food was very tasty.
We thourougly enjoyed our stay there and thought it was an ideal venue for a family wedding. We will definitely be back to take advantage of the other services available at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear LuckySocks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout especially during the wedding repection. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Deirdre was thrilled to hear your kind words also and has asked to personally thank you.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We recently celebrated our daughters wedding at the Lyrath Hotel.From the moment we arrived the attention to detail was superb.All the staff were brilliant be it reception,bar,restaurant and especially those tasked with the wedding ceremony and dining.All our requirements were met as well as some extras which enhanced our experience.I have previously stayed at this hotel and the facilities and service offering have always been top class.Definitely 5 star.I will always recommend this hotel to family and friends and business colleagues alike.

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms are definitely the best!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear JJ12014,

Much thanks for taking the time to share your kind review ; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback we receive from all our guests. We were delighted to be able to share such a joyous occasion with your daughter and your family. I have passed on your kind words to all the team who in turn thrive on such positive feedback.

I'm happy to hear that our service and attention to detail met and surpassed your expectations each and every time you have stayed with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family (including your new son-in-law) back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a charming man the doorman Tom. He was very obliging and very friendly which immediately made me feel welcome. The girls at the reception desk were also equally as friendly and just after I checked in Tom showed me to my suite which had the WOW factor. The suite was bright and spacious with a fantastic view of the hotel grounds.The walk in shower was a real treat, spacious and relaxing. I didn't have an appointment made in the spa before my arrival but the lovely lady Juarate(can't spell it though:) made space in their day to fit me in for my shellac nails. I was at the hotel for a family wedding and I was delighted to hear that our Northern guests after travelling 4 hours to the hotel were extremely impressed by everything. The whole wedding reception ran smoothly from start to finish without a hitch. Special mention again for the friendly and accommodating staff. All the staff throughout the stay couldn't have been more attentive!! Being closely related to the bride it was a fantastic feeling to know that her every need and want was met and herself and her partner could truly relax and enjoy their special day. Will most certainly be returning to this hotel for a weekend break with my husband :)

Room Tip: Upgraded room are well worth the small fee :)
1 Thank KilkennyGolfer
Dear KilkennyGolfer,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Jurate has asked me to pass on her personal thanks and was delighted she could assist you. As for our doorman Tom; he is a true asset to us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband back on a romantic break to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed here and decided id splash out on a suite... well worth the upgrade!! i was in shock when i got into the room, it was huge and the height of comfort!! The dining area, the sitting room, bedroom, bathroom, mini bar piano and the outside seating area... just fab! In the evening we ate in Yindees and i cant remember the last time i ate so well! The food was well presented and cooked to perfection! Then drinks in the X bar, they sure do know how to mix a cocktail, and I thoroughly enjoyed the singer. I seriously couldn't fault the hotel, the reception staff were so friendly, Tom helping with our bags, bar staff and everyone in between. The staff just couldn't have been nicer or more helpful! Beautiful hotel and one that i would most definitely stay in again!! AMAZING! Loved my stay there!! :D

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite.... perfectly located, excellent size, extremely comfortable and worth the little...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joybb14,

Borris, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was at a wedding there recently and stayed the night was greeted on arrival by a very nice porter very professional but yet very down to earth and jokey ful of smiles and laughs.

Checked in and went to bedroom we were on 2nd floor and had to walk for what felt like an eternity to get to the bedroom, on arrival to the room I was shocked to see that the double bed was infact 2 beds shoved together I would expect more from the lyrath.

We went down to function room which I tought was small there was 14 tables in the room and it felt cramped I had to be carefull when I moved my chair back from table as I was in the way of waiting staff giving out the food.

Food was average appetisers was lovely starter of soup wasn't nice there was way too much Leek in it and it was very watery looking Main course was ok beef a bit chewy i didn't eat any veg or potatoe desert was nice there was a selection of 5 desserts on the plate but 2 people on our table only had 4 on there plates one was missing the ice cream and the other was missing the Apple pie

After dinner my partner went back up to the room and noticed staff had been in our room as curtains had been closed slippers were placed by the bed and a chocolate was placed on each pillow now I know this was a nice gesture however i paid for that room and once I checked in that room is mine until I check out and I didn't like the thoughts of anyone being in there they could have done that before we checked in we could have very easily been changing clothes or showering etc when staff walked in.

We went to reception desk to find out about breakfast and check out times before going to our bedroom at about 2am and lobby was freezing cold I was literally shivering and there was a few people sitting in the lobby having drinks with there coats on.

Breakfast was nice I had to wait on bacon to be cooked but it was busy when we arrived, very fast checkout.

It wasn't the worst hotel I have been to but I have been in better hotels with less stars

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear jessiexoxoxox,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following your visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had a wonderful stay in the Lyrath Estate Hotel, Kilkenny. The staff were friendly, and very helpful . The rooms were spacious, well decorated and the little touches made us feel very welcome. Dinner in the Thai restaurant was delicious, there was eight of us and not one of us was disappointed with our choices. Pillows were a but uncomfortable but not off putting in the slighest. The wedding layout was fantastic, and the food was out timely and tasted delicious. Didnt have time to check out the spa but that will be for the next stay.

Dear Cathy G,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently stayed In Lyrath with my boyfriend or the weekend, our friends had recommedned it and we were not disappointed.
we arrived Friday afternoon and were greeted by the amazing and friendly Tom, straight away we kenw this was going to be a great hotel.
we checked into our room, which was a good size and had a balcony over looking the gardens.
We then decided to head down to Tuppers bar to grab some lunch, again the staff were so lovely.
After luch we decided to check out the Spa, this is amazing the pool over looking the gardens and bunnys hopping about a perfect way to spend a Friday afternoon.
Friday night, we had dinner in La Perla, food was good but the dessert was amazing.
Saturday morning we woke up and realised we had missed breakfast, we called room service who said they would still serve breakfast to the room - the perfect start to day :)
we went into the town for for a bit that afternoon before returning to the hotel for Spa tratements we had booked. I had a facial which can only be described as the best hour ever.
Saturday night we tried the Thai restaurant in the hotel, and it was amazing, could not fault the food or the staff. we then went into X bar for a few drinks and there was a lady called Avi playing the guitar and singing- incrediable talent.
Lyrath gets 10 out of 10 from me, cant wait to go back

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have a balcony so if your a somker saves you going all the way downstairs
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sueDublin_Ireland
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear sueDublin_Ireland,