“Great Hotel and Kids Loved It”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in the Lyrath hotel at the start of the Easter break, I must say the hotel was just great and all staff are friendly and so helpful. Food was quick and loads in it. Breakfast is the best we ever had.

Kids really enjoyed the Hotel and Id like to say well done to all the kids club staff. Katie took part in the Lifesaving with Dave and she really enjoyed it, She is still taking about it. Sue and Dave have great buzz and fun about them in the kids club and they really made the break for our kids and we got some time to go to the Spa when the kids were out playing. Couldnt have asked for more.

Overall we will be back in the summer. Top Class hotel with Top class staff.

Mick

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mick C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I have passed on your kind comments to the Kids Club team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words, especially Dave & Sue. It was fantastic to hear that Katie enjoyed her time in the Kids Club.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel over the easter weekend. We have two children aged 10 and 7 and we were so happy with our accomodation, kids clubs and all the facilities this hotel has to offer. The staff were amazing, any queries we had were answered straight away.

Our kids loved the kids club in the morning and the evening, then we went swimming or took the bikes out for a spin during the day. We also attended the spa on one morning when the kids were in kids club and the outdoor pool was amazing with hydro jets. Really relaxing.

We dined in Yindees the first night and La Perla on the second night, both were completely different and I would highly recommend either. The kids club did a high tea at 5 on each evening and then straight into the kids club so we could have our dinner on our own. The high tea had a great variety of food for the kids, 3 different types of pasta with different sauces, burgers, sausages, chicken goujons, chips, beans, vegetables, potatoes, onion rings, garlic bread. Then desserts. This was at a price of 8 euro per child, great value as they could pick what they wanted.

We had our lunch in Tuppers Bar everyday and it was lovely. Breakfast was served in la Perla each day and if you wanted something specific the staff just asked the chef and it was made within 5 minutes, now thats what I call a great service. Nothing was too much to ask for.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone as it has something for everyone. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We will be back.

1  Thank lneary

Dear Ineary

Much thanks for taking the time to share your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback we receive from all our guests. Our service is something we pride ourselves on and I’m delighted to hear you were happy with your stay and our facilities including our fantastic Kids Club.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team and to our breakfast chefs who in turn pass on their thanks.
It gives me great joy to hear that you deem our hotel “one of the best hotels” that you have ever stayed at.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future. (for more relaxing time while the children play at Kids Club).

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Lyrath hotel is a gem of a hotel nestled in the green acres of Kilkenny.
The receptionist that greeted us on arrival was very pleasant and helpful, As were all the staff that we came into contact with.
The breakfast room is very big and airy and the selection of food is extremely good.
Food in Tuppers bar was very fresh and nicely presented.
We are a family of four and stayed in room 137 and enjoyed every minute of it.
The room we had was spacious and very well laid out.
The children loved staying here because of the activities that the hotel had put on for the Easter break.The hotel provides push bikes to explore the landscaped grounds.
The attention to the smallest of detail is what makes the hotel different
I would highly recommend this hotel for a break especially if you like to go for a walk, the grounds of Lyrath Estate are well maintained and lovely to observe as you stroll around.
We well be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear thetom133,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Today we had spa treatment and afternoon tea package. Very reasonably priced and loved loved the spa. There was a group of 5 people and every treatment was highly praised. Would recommend the deluxe package to anyone.
My only problem was when we went for our afternoon tea. The service was extremely slow. We gave the voucher to staff and where shown to our seats table for 5. Our tea/coffee orders taken and delivered. By the time the afternoon tea arrived all our drinks where finished it took way to long and then afternoon tea for 3 people was delivered but there was clearly 5 at the table so we waited a while and in the end had to ask where the rest of afternoon tea was. By the time it was brought to our table the first 3 people had finished there's!!! This was unacceptable and very very poor service. I have had this package before and service was also very poor but I said would give it another try.
I will again be returning in a few weeks time for this package and I hope this issue will be resolved and more attention paid to the afternoon tea.
The spa staff are amazing and it is for this reason alone that I am returning . Lyrath you need to work on your afternoon tea experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear OVau,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us following your visit for Afternoon Tea & Spa at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read you found our Oasis Spa staff friendly and professional.
As regards the Afternoon Tea services; I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standard of our service at Lyrath Estate Hotel, and I do apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope you return to us in the near future so you can enjoy our professional service.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had our wedding at the Lyrath Estate & Spa hotel last Friday. We had a wonderful wedding there - a civil cermony in the hotel's beautiful country estate rooms. The staff were superb - very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on how to give great service. Many of our guests stayed for two nights at the hotel and we received many compliments from our guests on their stay. The food was really tasty, especially the breakfast. Great choice of tasty food. The hotel is beautifully designed with many different rooms, each with their own character. This really added atmosphere to our day. The bridal lounge was luxurious and so too were the rooms and suites that our guests stayed in. We would both recommend the hotel as a super venue for weddings. Thanks to all of the staff for treating us so well!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Claire G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent wedding here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding and stay with with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. A wedding day can be the most important event in any couples life and it was a honour for us to be able to share in your special day.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently visited the Lyrath for a spa day as a gift for Mother's day with my 2 daughters. First of all we arrived at the Oasis Spa where we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, then we were brought downstairs to the thermal suite where we had full use of the hydrotherapy pool(which was amazing) sauna, steam room and relaxation areas. There was also a very generous refreshment station. We were then called for our treatments, I had the best massage and facial of my life from my therapist Denise, every aspect of both mine and my daughters treatments were perfect and nothing was too much to ask for. After our time in the spa we then went up for afternoon tea which was lovely, the only thing I could fault is that some homemade brown bread would have been nice. We got both treatments and afternoon tea as a package which was brilliant value. This was my first time in the hotel and I would definately recommend this to my family and friends. I cant wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear nancdun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your recent spa day with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Denise was delighted to hear your kind words and has also asked me to personally thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and three of my girlfriends were there for a 30th trip. The hotel is lovely, the staff were friendly and accommodating, the spa treatments were top notch and the rooms and food were top quality. They even brought a muffin with a candle to the room during breakfast which was a lovely touch.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends