My boyfriend and myself stayed here for two nights as a birthday break. We drove down from Dublin and our room was available immediately even though we arrived early. A lovely red headed girl checked us in, though I didn't get her name.
We were on the 4th floor and had a gorgeous view of the grounds from our window. The room was spotlessly clean, very spacious and there was a complimentary bottle of wine and box of chocolates waiting which I thought was a nice touch. We rang down later that night to see if it was possible to swap the red wine for a white, this was done for us without a problem and we were left the red wine too.
The spa was lovely, we had the thermal suite experience and the staff were so friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast had an excellent selection of food and drinks available. My only problem was there wasn't anything gluten free available apart from fruit, I had expected this though so it really wasn't an issue at all.
We had afternoon tea in Tuppers Bar on our second day, it was delicious and beautifully presented. My only disappointment was you aren't offered a choice in the sandwiches or scones you just have to wait and see what arrives.
The grounds of the hotel were just beautiful. All the staff were so friendly and professional, they always said hello if it's passed them in the hallway.
I'd very much recommend this hotel, we'll definitely be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre