“fantastic hotel”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Clonmel, Ireland
“fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

really enjoyed a relaxing spa break, spa was out of this world highly recommend it and not expensive, lovely grounds for walks and very friendly staff , recommend for a quiet break, cleanliness was top notch

Room Tip: ask for balcony room great in mornings
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Roycog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now. The first time was for a spa break, which was lovely but didn't quite feel 5 star to us. It was very nice, but the room didn't blow us away and the food was good but nothing special. I recently attended a wedding there though and everything was wonderful. The food was top notch for a wedding and the rooms where the drinks reception took place were impressive. The hotel reception area is very fancy and creates a good impression on arrival. The banquet hall for the wedding dinner was quite dark, very large and lacked character, but the food was very good, which was the main thing.

I like the Lyrath, but personally I'd make sure I got a good deal before staying again, as it can be quite expensive.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Gorettikid,

I am sorry to hear that your first visit did not live up to your expectations,but also delighted that
you enjoyed your second stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

I would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My Wife & I stayed in the Lyrath Estate Hotel on June 9th. Our room was excellent - very spacious & comfortable with a nice seating area outside. Dinner in the La Perla restaurant was average & not up to the standard of a 5 star hotel in our opinion.We enjoyed after dinner drinks in Tuppers Bar & the subsequent spontaneous sing song that broke out. Breakfast the following morning was pretty good. Our only other complaint was the bad smell ( drains?) on the way to the lifts from Reception & on the corridor towards our room. Reported it on checkout but seems no-one on the staff were aware of it or it had not been reported previously. Overall a good stay with some reservations.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill K
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

Dear Bill K,

I am sorry that certain aspects of your visit were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thought I was getting a good midweek spring deal, but I was disappointed. The room was average from when I stayed before ' during the good times'. Breakfast was average first day and yet good the next day. The TV in the room was a box tv from the 90's, monologue which had no RTE because they did not update it to digital. Must improve room standards before I would consider staying again. Maybe the standards have
dropped because the hotel is in Nama.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phil G,

Thank you for your review following your visit to us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just back from three night stay, genuinely did not want to leave. Room (Deluxe balcony) was like a mini apartment. Main foyer would not look out of place in any top class hotel in the world. Food was top class in quality, quantity and value. All staff were naturally helpful and efficient. Top class spa and health club. In beautiful secluded estate for ultimate rest and relaxation. Will definitely return and will recommend strongly to all and sundry.

Room Tip: Costs extra but treat yourself to balcony room overlooking garden.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph M
Dear Joseph M,

I am also delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just enjoyed a 2 night stay in the lyrath. We had a lovely meal on the second night which was preceeded with an afternoon of treatmeants. On confirming the reservation Luke was more than helpful he organised a lovely bouquet of flowers and a nice bottle of percecco for my wife from our two kids. This was waiting in the room when we arrived. Small bit disappointed that we didn't meet Tom the concierge. Overall the stay was fantastic and would highly reccomend the lyrath

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Damo197704,

Happy Anniversary! The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Luke is a real asset to our team and he was delighted to hear such positive feedback.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Kildare, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend and I had a fabulous stay in Lyrath. Beautiful food, lovely room and great spa treatment.
Modern hotel with a touch of old world charm. Staff are efficient and friendly. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Lovely to sit out and have a drink before dinner.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mary 6754,

I hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.