Stayed one night in Lyrath after hearing about it from others.
Very friendly and welcoming reception staff..foyer was beautiful with orchids and couches everywhere. Booked our evening meal in La Pearla. The food was delicious however I would make a few recommendations; the manager needs a new blazer as his one had a large hole on his right elbow, the breakfast menu needs to be printed on card not photocopying paper and the presentation of the meal needs to improved (bits of risotto not wiped off the plate b4 presenting it, another plate had been poorly wiped also and just looked hap hazard!)
Josephine who I presume was breakfast manager should be a customer service ambassador for the hotel...excellent rapport with the customers.
Leisure centre and hydro pool was nice and relaxing. As for the Afternoon Tea..yummy!! I'd go back for the dark choc marquise alone;-)
The grounds are expansive..I walked the blue route and it brought me down to the lake which needs a bit of TLC..poor baby swan looked like he was stuck in a never ending war with heavy, green, slimey algae..not very attractive;-(
The room hadn't got great views but it was very clean and no noise problems.
Overall I enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to others as you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper’s is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee’s serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre