“Lyrath - worth a visit.”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in Lyrath after hearing about it from others.

Very friendly and welcoming reception staff..foyer was beautiful with orchids and couches everywhere. Booked our evening meal in La Pearla. The food was delicious however I would make a few recommendations; the manager needs a new blazer as his one had a large hole on his right elbow, the breakfast menu needs to be printed on card not photocopying paper and the presentation of the meal needs to improved (bits of risotto not wiped off the plate b4 presenting it, another plate had been poorly wiped also and just looked hap hazard!)

Josephine who I presume was breakfast manager should be a customer service ambassador for the hotel...excellent rapport with the customers.

Leisure centre and hydro pool was nice and relaxing. As for the Afternoon Tea..yummy!! I'd go back for the dark choc marquise alone;-)

The grounds are expansive..I walked the blue route and it brought me down to the lake which needs a bit of TLC..poor baby swan looked like he was stuck in a never ending war with heavy, green, slimey algae..not very attractive;-(

The room hadn't got great views but it was very clean and no noise problems.

Overall I enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to others as you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Libby R
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Libby R,

Thank you for the lovely and thoughtful review following your recent stay with us, we are honoured that The Lyrath Estate Hotel was recommended to you by friends.

I am thrilled to read that you found the reception staff friendly and attentive. I have always said that the staff are the greatest asset that the hotel has and they take great pride in the work that they do year in and out to welcome all our guests and ensure they have a pleasant stay.

Josephine has asked me to pass on her personal thanks along with my own. Your kind words are very encouraging to all the staff and has given them a boost. I'm also delighted to hear you enjoyed our Leisure facilities and Afternoon Tea. I must agree dark chocolate always wins for me too :)

Your recommendations are extremely appreciated and I have taken in account your comments; these will be discussed with the appropriate departmental managers to see what action we can take to improve these areas.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back again to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Iain Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,534)

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Second time to stay in the Lyrath estate. Both times we got upgraded to a suite. This time we were in the old house in a lovely old room with lovely big bathroom. Very nice room only downside is we could not open the window and as it is a old room no air conditioning.
Food is lovely and they have also started to do a couple of craft beers, which is always a plus.
Grounds of the hotel are beautiful, there is a lovely lake down the end worth a visit.
Staff are very friendly.
We would go back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeffkiter
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Jeffkiter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us following your recent stay here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again and found the facilities, staff and rooms to be be top class throughout. Our selection of Craft beers are proving very popular and I'm glad you enjoyed this new service.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.(perhaps be so lucky to be upgraded again) ;)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

On booking were not advised that Yindees served oriental food. However, the food was amazing, the menu well balanced and unique. Service was reasonable but not fantastic. On arrival we had to wait while staff completed a conversation before welcoming us and the greeting was perfunctory rather than welcoming. The duty manager visited the table twice during our meal but unusually for Ireland, his greeting and brief questioning seemed rushed and as if he was doing it because he had to rather than being really interested in the response. The restaurant was not particularly busy at the time. All in all though a lovely experience and could be amazing if staff focused a bit more on customer care skills.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine S
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Elaine S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your dinner were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night in June, hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Leisure spa is one of the best I have been to. Rooms were big, clean and modern. Great value for the luxury provided, we stayed for 120 euro including breakfast. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, hopefully for longer next time too

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mcfetre2
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mcfetre2,

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, staff and interior to be be top class throughout; especially our Spa.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Treated my daughter to a night in this hotel. It was sheer heaven from start to finish. We enjoyed a few hours in The Spa and we felt so refreshed, my daughter had a facial and loved it. The staff are so nice and accommodation to your every request. We had a super dinner later of Michelin quality. If your looking for a real treat this is the hotel for you. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Every room has a superb view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank maryellenDublin

Dear MaryEllenDublin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Our food and beverage team and our Oasis Spa team and she were delighted to hear such positive feedback.

I am also delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel has a well deserved Platinum rating in the Irish system. I can fully understand why. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bath included a open style shower providing a wonderful full spray, a full bath and a well lit basin and mirror with a shaving/makeup mirror provided. Beautiful grounds, great food, nice lounge, and lovely common areas. Disappointing we were only able to stay one night. Definitely on the revisit list.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim H

Dear Jim H,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Please do come back and see us the next time you visit us.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently did a 1 night DB&B in an executive room at Lyrath and had a fantastic time. Really lucky to get an early check in so light lunch at Tuppers Bar then on to the spa where we had a fantastic time relaxing, using the excellent hydrotherapy pool, massage, sauna, and steam room. Lovely dinner at La Perla and a cocktail or two to finish off in the X Lounge. Room was really comfortable with complimentary chocolates and wine, spacious, and made to feel airy with a fantastic picture window. Buffet breakfast also fabulous with loads of choice and keep an eye out for the pancake making machine! Not a cheap night away but so, so worth the money and would definitely love to return. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tobster_Irl

Dear Tobster,

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate in the near future.