“Really enjoyed our stay!”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Check in - fast, friendly and efficient.
Room - clean, spacious, lovely view, best bath ever
Bar food - delicious
Yindees restaurant - delicious food, fast service, when we raised an issue with the dessert we were served it was handled very professionally by the restaurant manager.
Breakfast - great selection, couldn't have asked for more.
Additional comments - hotel lobby is beautiful especially at night, cocktails excellent in X bar, lovely grounds to go for walks. All staff that we encountered were incredibly helpful and friendly in a genuine way.
I noticed children in the bar at approx 11pm, is this allowed? So selfish of parents to put their own entertainment ahead of their children who were obviously tired and bored.
I am looking forward to my next trip back to the Lyrath.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear dubcarta,

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly . I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with our facilities and our cuisine.

We do our utmost to exceed our guests’ expectations and it gives me great pleasure to know that we have succeeded.

My only hope is that you do not wait too long before your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sometimes you go to a 5 star hotel and you wonder how it got 5 stars. Not with Lyrath. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by the memorable doorman, Tom. He personally welcomed each of us.

Staff were well presented and very helpful.

Rooms were spacious and clean and a turn down service was provided. Rooms also had black out curtains which were helpful with the bright morning.

La Perla restaurant
Dinner - had a good variety of food and wine on offer and our waiter had good knowledge of the menu etc.
Breakfast - buffet style - an abundance of hot and cold food. Particularly liked how the chef removed the oil from the friend eggs before serving and the pancake making machine!

X Bar had easy listening live music, a comfortable smoking area and fabulous cocktails.

If the weather is nice, there are some pleasant walkways. If the weather is not nice, there is a beautiful spa area (book in advance).

Note: check in time is 4pm

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear songaff,

I cannot describe to you what a pleasure it was to read your review. Let me thank you sincerely for sharing your wonderful experiences with us.
I am pleased to see that you seemed to really have experienced a lot of what is on offer here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel and it is fantastic to hear you were pleased by our services and facilities from dining to leisure.

I have always said that the staff are the greatest asset that the hotel has and they take great pride in the work that they do year in and out to welcome all our guests and sure they have a pleasant stay. What a gentleman we have in our Tom!

I do hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After a number of very frustrating phone calls with the reservatons dept. of the Lyrath Hotel, we felt misled and ripped off before ever checking in.

The overall experience on arrival was disappointing: long queues to a poorly staffed and ill mannered check-in desk. A standard room, with conventional requirements ... Nothing special, a strange smell emanating from the corridor once you disembarked the elevator, food was of an average quality as was breakfast the following morning, and more 'drama' the following morning at the check out desk whereby some residents felt they were being over charged and the wait was endless.
Not a pleasant experience from the offset, not what one would expect from a 5* hotel.
I definitely would not recommend this hotel. Management needs to look closely at their interpersonal skills and management capability .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ruudi77
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

Dear Ruudi77,

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in Lyrath after hearing about it from others.

Very friendly and welcoming reception staff..foyer was beautiful with orchids and couches everywhere. Booked our evening meal in La Pearla. The food was delicious however I would make a few recommendations; the manager needs a new blazer as his one had a large hole on his right elbow, the breakfast menu needs to be printed on card not photocopying paper and the presentation of the meal needs to improved (bits of risotto not wiped off the plate b4 presenting it, another plate had been poorly wiped also and just looked hap hazard!)

Josephine who I presume was breakfast manager should be a customer service ambassador for the hotel...excellent rapport with the customers.

Leisure centre and hydro pool was nice and relaxing. As for the Afternoon Tea..yummy!! I'd go back for the dark choc marquise alone;-)

The grounds are expansive..I walked the blue route and it brought me down to the lake which needs a bit of TLC..poor baby swan looked like he was stuck in a never ending war with heavy, green, slimey algae..not very attractive;-(

The room hadn't got great views but it was very clean and no noise problems.

Overall I enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to others as you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Libby R
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Libby R,

Thank you for the lovely and thoughtful review following your recent stay with us, we are honoured that The Lyrath Estate Hotel was recommended to you by friends.

I am thrilled to read that you found the reception staff friendly and attentive. I have always said that the staff are the greatest asset that the hotel has and they take great pride in the work that they do year in and out to welcome all our guests and ensure they have a pleasant stay.

Josephine has asked me to pass on her personal thanks along with my own. Your kind words are very encouraging to all the staff and has given them a boost. I'm also delighted to hear you enjoyed our Leisure facilities and Afternoon Tea. I must agree dark chocolate always wins for me too :)

Your recommendations are extremely appreciated and I have taken in account your comments; these will be discussed with the appropriate departmental managers to see what action we can take to improve these areas.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back again to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Second time to stay in the Lyrath estate. Both times we got upgraded to a suite. This time we were in the old house in a lovely old room with lovely big bathroom. Very nice room only downside is we could not open the window and as it is a old room no air conditioning.
Food is lovely and they have also started to do a couple of craft beers, which is always a plus.
Grounds of the hotel are beautiful, there is a lovely lake down the end worth a visit.
Staff are very friendly.
We would go back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeffkiter
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Jeffkiter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us following your recent stay here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again and found the facilities, staff and rooms to be be top class throughout. Our selection of Craft beers are proving very popular and I'm glad you enjoyed this new service.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.(perhaps be so lucky to be upgraded again) ;)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

On booking were not advised that Yindees served oriental food. However, the food was amazing, the menu well balanced and unique. Service was reasonable but not fantastic. On arrival we had to wait while staff completed a conversation before welcoming us and the greeting was perfunctory rather than welcoming. The duty manager visited the table twice during our meal but unusually for Ireland, his greeting and brief questioning seemed rushed and as if he was doing it because he had to rather than being really interested in the response. The restaurant was not particularly busy at the time. All in all though a lovely experience and could be amazing if staff focused a bit more on customer care skills.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine S
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Elaine S,

I am sorry that certain aspects of your dinner were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night in June, hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Leisure spa is one of the best I have been to. Rooms were big, clean and modern. Great value for the luxury provided, we stayed for 120 euro including breakfast. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, hopefully for longer next time too

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mcfetre2
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mcfetre2,

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, staff and interior to be be top class throughout; especially our Spa.