“Perfect!! ”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Lyrath is possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The service is perfect and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We were staying for a wedding and the room, the food, the drinks and the spa treatments were top quality. It was, in short, a perfect weekend.

Stayed: July 2014
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear mmpKeane,

Thank you for the time you have taken in sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently stayed in the lyrath with my family. I really like the look and style of the hotel. It blended the old with the new very well and it's location is stunning. The rooms where lovely and very clean and the Spa and Gym were excellent. It's only let down was the standard of food and portion size for what you were paying for it was disappointing. I also had a long queue at reception and didn't find them to be very helpful or friendly. On the other hand the restaurant and bar staff were lovely

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sarahmelia11

Dear Sarahmelia,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stopped at the Lyrath Estate in July to attend a friends wedding and was very impressed with the overall experience. On arrival there were already 6 people waiting to check-in with just 2 reception staff; without a few moments a call was made for backup and an additional 4 people arrived to assist with the check-ins. They were very professional and apologetic for the short wait. The rooms were excellent, much larger than I had expected and was surprised to see I had two full sized bathrooms - one of which was setup for people with disabilities. The hotel could easily have split the room into two and had two bedrooms instead. The room itself was well decorated, furniture was well cared for and didn't appear tired or dated. The staff in general serving in the restaurant and bars were also very professional and had a general "how can I help you" demeanor. Unlike many wedding venues I've attended in the past the prices were not inflated at the bars specifically for the wedding reception and indeed prices were do different to what you might expect to pay at any other pub or restaurant in Dublin where I spend most of my time. The hotel was sit in a stunning countryside location where I'm told it is only a short drive into the local town of Kilkenny. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would chose to stop here again if travelling south of Dublin on a short break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank clemouk

Dear clemouK.

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time out to share your experiences with us.

On behalf of all my staff and I, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I have to agree with you about our location. I think our location offers the best of both worlds, close enough to the vibrant town centre of Kilkenny, yet far enough away to afford complete peace and tranquillity set amidst stunning estate grounds.

I do hope that I will be able to meet with you personally the next time you come to visit us at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

On entering the hotel the reception staff were perfect, clear explanation of when we could check in and they took our bags away and pointed us in the direction of the bar.. The room was very clean, bathroom and shower was great, but jeez the bed, soooooo comfy, perfect pillows.... The negative, TV is absolutely sh1t doesn't connect to internet so the best Chanel we could get was sky news.. Zzzzzzzzzzzz and the free wifi is cr4p we got the wheel of death! Apparently not all phones can connect to the wifi, but they are looking into it!
Breakfast..... Can't complain, very good variety, but some produce not top quality but good value... The breakfast staff though... I have never come across staff that are so motivated, caring and damn good at there job, they need recognition... Faultless. Mrs Nolan you run a tight ship, bless you for your attentive nature to a man in crutches... The rest of the waiting staff touring the wedding could learn a bit from them.... All in all, room and breakfast 5 star, the rest needs some work...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAB74

Dear DAB74,

Firstly let me thank you for your kind comments and words on our breakfast and rooms. Ms Nolan was also thrilled to hear about her mention and has asked me to personally thank you for them. She truly is an amazing asset to us here in the hotel.

I would like to assure you that alot of time and money has gone on improving both our TV and Wifi services across the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Lyrath Estate in July. Somewhat removed from the center of town, the hotel and staff, in our opinion, were awesome. We would highly recommend a stay here.

The pub, Tuppers, had a great staff, Pedro in particular and the food and drink were excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear hockeygump,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be outstanding throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments. Pedro was thrilled to hear your kind words and has also asked to pass on his personal thanks to you.

I hope we have the honour of welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a gorgeous property with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very well decorated and spotless. Not far from "downtown" Kilkenny, a charming medieval village with impressive Castle to visit on the river. Many thanks to the general manager and especially senior manager, Terry Kirchbaum for finding our passports and sending onto Dublin - they went above and beyond to cause us as little stress as possible!!

Room Tip: Ask to look over gardens....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Surfbox

Dear Richmond67,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

It is very rewarding to know that your experience matched your expectation of the Lyrath Estate hotel and that you found it to be an Outstanding hotel.

I am very proud of the team here at Lyrath – they make all the difference to every guests stay offering a relaxed friendly and genuine hospitality.
Terry has has me to pass on his personal thanks. We believe that our service will ultimately determine whether our guests will return and your feedback is incredibly encouraging for me and my team and thank you for recognising them.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was down for a wedding weekend in mid-June and from the first (fateful)moment of Breakfast Manager Josephine "finding" us mislaid/lost in Kilkenny City (don't rely on the Sat Nav to find "Old Dublin Road"), to the last moments after checkout,this was simply a wonderful weekend break. The hotel is definitely a 5*, and probably the best example you will see of combining a beautiful period house with modern architecture(beautiful Reception area Atrium!). Everything about the place oozes class from the Driveway up,to the furnishings in the original house, to the main gardens, to the old style bar to the main Restaurant where the atmosphere at Breakfast was just brilliant(Thanks again Josephine for looking after our every need again!).Did not get to the Spa, but heard it was great. Even the size of the Conferencing facilities tells you that there is nothing that this place could not handle. We have left with great memories of a great weekend,great staff and a great hotel, and whilst this was my first time in Kilkenny, we will be back, and we will stay here! Would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Had a nice quiet room which I would recommend, but be prepared for a walk to it. The floors in the l...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear C0n0r_M2014,

I cannot describe to you what a pleasure it was to read your review. Let me thank you sincerely for sharing your wonderful experiences with us.

I have always said that the staff are the greatest asset that the hotel has and they take great pride in the work that they do year in and out to welcome all our guests and sure they have a pleasant stay, and what an amazing asset is our Josephine Nolan. She really does go above and beyond for the guests and I'm thrilled she has made such a lasting impression on you.