“Wonderful Lunch”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My husband took myself and my twin girls for lunch in the Tuppers Bar for my birthday. What Can I say? It was wonderfull. Food was amazing, I had duck liver pate, steak sandwich cooked to perfection and Strawberry Mess for a dessert. Wonderfull. Service excellent, very attentive, great with kids....
Special thank you to Lara- our waittress, i am very sorry there was one more girl serving us, but didnt get her name- both were great!
Definetely will come back again... Would recommend this place...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Agnes P
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Agnes P,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following a recent lunch experience here in our Tuppers Bar at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Lara has asked me to pass on her thanks for your kind words. All of the staff here take great pride in ensuring that all our guests enjoy their time with us. On a personal note I have a soft spot for the Strawberry Mess myself!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you all back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel, perhaps on the next occasion for an overnight stay.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Lichfield, Stafffs
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Lyrath is possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The service is perfect and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We were staying for a wedding and the room, the food, the drinks and the spa treatments were top quality. It was, in short, a perfect weekend.

Stayed July 2014
Dear mmpKeane,

Thank you for the time you have taken in sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently stayed in the lyrath with my family. I really like the look and style of the hotel. It blended the old with the new very well and it's location is stunning. The rooms where lovely and very clean and the Spa and Gym were excellent. It's only let down was the standard of food and portion size for what you were paying for it was disappointing. I also had a long queue at reception and didn't find them to be very helpful or friendly. On the other hand the restaurant and bar staff were lovely

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank sarahmelia11
Dear Sarahmelia,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Long Eaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stopped at the Lyrath Estate in July to attend a friends wedding and was very impressed with the overall experience. On arrival there were already 6 people waiting to check-in with just 2 reception staff; without a few moments a call was made for backup and an additional 4 people arrived to assist with the check-ins. They were very professional and apologetic for the short wait. The rooms were excellent, much larger than I had expected and was surprised to see I had two full sized bathrooms - one of which was setup for people with disabilities. The hotel could easily have split the room into two and had two bedrooms instead. The room itself was well decorated, furniture was well cared for and didn't appear tired or dated. The staff in general serving in the restaurant and bars were also very professional and had a general "how can I help you" demeanor. Unlike many wedding venues I've attended in the past the prices were not inflated at the bars specifically for the wedding reception and indeed prices were do different to what you might expect to pay at any other pub or restaurant in Dublin where I spend most of my time. The hotel was sit in a stunning countryside location where I'm told it is only a short drive into the local town of Kilkenny. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would chose to stop here again if travelling south of Dublin on a short break.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank clemouk
Dear clemouK.

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time out to share your experiences with us.

On behalf of all my staff and I, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I have to agree with you about our location. I think our location offers the best of both worlds, close enough to the vibrant town centre of Kilkenny, yet far enough away to afford complete peace and tranquillity set amidst stunning estate grounds.

I do hope that I will be able to meet with you personally the next time you come to visit us at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Cumbria
Reviewed 9 July 2014

On entering the hotel the reception staff were perfect, clear explanation of when we could check in and they took our bags away and pointed us in the direction of the bar.. The room was very clean, bathroom and shower was great, but jeez the bed, soooooo comfy, perfect pillows.... The negative, TV is absolutely sh1t doesn't connect to internet so the best Chanel we could get was sky news.. Zzzzzzzzzzzz and the free wifi is cr4p we got the wheel of death! Apparently not all phones can connect to the wifi, but they are looking into it!
Breakfast..... Can't complain, very good variety, but some produce not top quality but good value... The breakfast staff though... I have never come across staff that are so motivated, caring and damn good at there job, they need recognition... Faultless. Mrs Nolan you run a tight ship, bless you for your attentive nature to a man in crutches... The rest of the waiting staff touring the wedding could learn a bit from them.... All in all, room and breakfast 5 star, the rest needs some work...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAB74
Dear DAB74,

Firstly let me thank you for your kind comments and words on our breakfast and rooms. Ms Nolan was also thrilled to hear about her mention and has asked me to personally thank you for them. She truly is an amazing asset to us here in the hotel.

I would like to assure you that alot of time and money has gone on improving both our TV and Wifi services across the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Lyrath Estate in July. Somewhat removed from the center of town, the hotel and staff, in our opinion, were awesome. We would highly recommend a stay here.

The pub, Tuppers, had a great staff, Pedro in particular and the food and drink were excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear hockeygump,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be outstanding throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments. Pedro was thrilled to hear your kind words and has also asked to pass on his personal thanks to you.

I hope we have the honour of welcoming you back to the Lyrath Estate Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a gorgeous property with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very well decorated and spotless. Not far from "downtown" Kilkenny, a charming medieval village with impressive Castle to visit on the river. Many thanks to the general manager and especially senior manager, Terry Kirchbaum for finding our passports and sending onto Dublin - they went above and beyond to cause us as little stress as possible!!

Room Tip: Ask to look over gardens....