Lyrath Estate
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,631 results
All reviewsla perlatuppers barthai restaurantyindees restaurantthermal suiteoasis spahydrotherapy poolold houseexecutive roomafternoon teaturn down serviceon arrivalrelaxation roomstar experiencelovely groundsmain restaurantspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lyrath is a lovely hotel to stay in. Very comfortable beds. Lovely spa, and very friendly staff everywhere except at breakfast. Had to request coffee twice, usually it's the first thing your asked when seated along with being told about the buffet. Staff were not very welcoming at breakfast. My daughter and I ate in yindees Thai restaurant up stairs that was lovely and the staff were the nicest I've encountered in a long time. I will return with my better half next time as I do like the hotel , but will request breakfast to the room. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would give a top rating had it not been for my breakfast experience. Not the easiest place to find if you are told the Dublin Carlow road don't make the mistake of taking the motorway it should be the OLD Dublin road which is signposted on the roundabout, a sign for the hotel on this roundabout would have made it a whole lot easier to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. If eating at yindees choose a booth at time of booking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear Pippy K,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review with us following a recent stay.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your words of praise which are very kind indeed. I have discussed in length the issue you encountered in your feedback with our Restaurant Manager to ensure complete guest satisfaction.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with four friends for two nights. Found the hotel very relaxing, bright, airy, spotlessly clean and very friendly staff. My friends used the spa and thought it was very nice with professional staff. We had lunch, which was very good and dinner on one of the nights which was also really tasty, and included in our deal which made it good value. There is some lovely artwork on display and the foyer area is nice and relaxing, but has a nice buzz about it at the same time. As there was five of us, one of the rooms was a triple and I was disappointed that the third bed was squashed in. As it is a five star, the bar is expensive and a cappuchino cost €3.85 (I think). Overall though it was a very pleasant stay and I wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gerbane,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us following a recent stay in the Lyrath Estate hotel.

I was thrilled to read you and your friends found the facilities, service and food of the highest standard. I would also like to thank you for your compliments on our hotel lobby artwork.

I do hope I get to meet with you personally upon your return stay. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here with my husband and another couple for a one night break. I had heard so much about the hotel and to be honest I was quite disappointed. I had expected valet parking - not only was there no valet parking, but as a wedding was on the closest car park to the hotel was full and we had to go down to the Conference Centre car park and walk back up with our bags. We were told that breakfast was from 7-9 (thought that was a very small window) and only found out by chance that it was in fact served until 11 am.The room was really the biggest disappointment - there are obviously different rooms for different rates and as we had booked a mid-week special rate then I suppose we were not entitled to one of the more luxurious rooms. The room was very ordinary - only 2 tea bags and 2 small biscuits in the tea/coffee making facility. The bathroom fittings were good quality but the walk-in shower was a disaster - the shower head is mounted far too high and unless you can manage to direct it into the corner then the whole bathroom is flooded. We had dinner in Yindees - the food was good but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was also a bit of a let down. We were shown to a table and the waiter just left - no greeting, no explanation of how the service would be provided. We had to catch the attention of another staff member to ask for tea and coffee - still no explanation about the food on offer. We presumed it was all buffet service and duly collected our food. Whilst there is a large selection of food on offer there was no evidence of any facility for an omelette, boiled eggs/poached eggs or French toast/ eggs Florentine ...... you would expect this in a 5 star hotel. All in all it was a pleasant stay and as we had availed of the offer we did get reasonable value but I expected a lot more from a hotel which is marketing itself as a 5 star establishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claure124
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Claure124,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. The whole family loved it. For each kid one giant cookie and a glass of milk is sent by room service every night at no extra cost. Bikes and peddle boats are available to rent from the hotel. There is a movie room, a bar and a few nice restaurants. I loved it.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Em

Dear Em K,

Much thanks for your lovely review following a recent stay here with us at Lyrath Estate Hotel.
It is fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities we have to offer at the hotel. The milk and cookies are a fabulous treat for our younger guests and we hope to make sure they feel just a valued as us adults.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just enjoyed a wonderful family break for 5 days at Lyrath and I have to say we couldn't recommend it enough. We've stayed previously a number of times over New Years Eve and this was the first time we've stayed over the summer. The schedule of events for the children really made it a wonderful break, both for us and the children! The staff were all so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It's not often that you go to a similar type hotel and feel completely at ease and relaxed with children with you! We were holidaying with our 3 boys (ages 8, 6 & 4). The kids club was fantastic ... they were on from 10.30 to 12.30 and 18.30 to 20.30 and a varied range of activities were on offer each day so our boys were only too excited to go to the club each day! A couple of the evenings they organised a local farm to bring in lots of animals for the children to see/hold/learn about and similarly another evening it was a local reptile farm. The children were enthralled! There was "high tea" for the children from 4 to 5.30pm each day whereby the children could have their dinner, with our supervision from a distance, and which they thoroughly enjoyed as it meant they didn't have to endure a "boring" dinner with mum and dad! They were with all their friends from the club!! The staff in the kids club were really wonderful with the children ... Richard, Chrissie and Niamh ... My boys just loved them. They were always so warm and welcoming and I always felt my children were in safe hands. All in all we had a really relaxing break and thoroughly enjoyed it, as did our boys. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from the waiting/bar staff to the house keeping and reception staff! In particular, Jo Jo in the restaurant at breakfast is a treasure! She made sure we were always well looked after at breakfast! A few other things we really enjoyed were the bikes (adults and childrens) that we were able to borrow each day and use to explore the grounds. Each night a call to reception would ensure that cookies and milk were delivered to our room before the boys went to sleep! This was remembered from our previous stays and was a huge hit with the boys!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay (again) and we would have no hesitation in returning to Lyrath again ... have just booked again for New Years and are really looking forward to it!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Aisling M,

I cannot describe to you what a pleasure it was to read your review. Let me thank you sincerely for sharing your wonderful experiences with us.

I will be sure to pass on your regards and kind comments to all the staff here. I have always said that despite the fantastic facilities available here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel; the staff still proves to be the biggest asset that the hotel has. Their dedication and hard work are unrivaled and they really are a major contributor to the success of the hotel. They take great pride in their work and try their level best to ensure that every guest enjoys their time away; they will also be thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Our Kids Club is a fantastic service and it really does make our younger guests feel special, as does our little treats of cookies before bed :)

It is with great joy to read you have already booked again for this coming New Years. If there is anything I can do for you in the meantime don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback, it really does give a lift to the entire team.