Had a lovely midweek 2 night stay. We thought we'd have the place to ourselves but it was the midterm break so the hotel appeared to be very full, noticeably so in the restaurants for dinner and breakfast. The staff in general remained very professional and on top of their game despite the pressure they were under.
We upgraded ourselves to an executive room which was well worth it, beautiful large spacious room with complimentary box of chocolates and wine and all the expected touches worthy of a 5* hotel.
Had an excellent meal in La Perla on the 1st night, faultless! The only restaurant available on the 2nd night was Yindees (Asian cuisine) which didnt appeal to either of us, would have been nice to have a wider choice. Another downside in this respect was that the min bar, X Bar was closed on both nights, Tuppers is very quiet and sedate and wasnt our cup of tea so we had to head into Kilkenny both nights. Since the hotel was so full Im sure it wouldnt have been any harm to have some live music playing to add a bit of atmosphere.
The spa was booked out so we just made use of the thermal suite fo 2 hours, as 5* hotels go the spa is disappointing, very small thermal suite.
Overall had an excellent stay and would highly recommend this for a great break away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre