We stayed a Friday and Saturday night, and got a deal where the Friday night is 50% of the normal price. We were using a voucher for the hotel, and didn't use it all up, so we'll have to go back some time, which is fine with us!
We travelled from Dublin, and since we don't have a car we could have get the bus or train to Kilkenny, and taxied to the hotel. But since the hotel is a few km outside the city, we hired a car, which gave us more freedom to come and go from the hotel.
Apart from breakfast, which was good, we didn't dine in the restaurants (which are all on the pricey side) - instead we found more bang-for-our-buck at restaurants in Kilkenny City.
The 'health club' (17m pool, jacuzzi, steam room, kiddies pool) was good, and was reasonably quiet the weekend we were there.
There was a wedding on the Saturday night, but we didn't hear any noise, or in fact see any sign of the wedding. Staff were generally very good, friendly, etc.
There was wi-fi available in the lobby, but none in the room. I didn't check if there was wired internet access in the room, though the TV came with a keyboard and some sort of internet access (don't know if there was a charge for this).
Note that reception, etc. is actually the 3rd floor, though in the lift/elevator this is marked 'G' which is both helpful and a little confusing at the same time.
Minor quibbles: The bedroom windows were quite dirty on the outside. And the 16:9 widescreen TV in the room was nice, but all the channels supplied were in old-fashioned 4:3 aspect ratio (which sort of defeats the purpose of having a widescreen tv), so depending on what widescreen setting you used, either all the people on TV looked short and fat, or else had the tops of their heads cut off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre