“Stayed for two nights”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The hotel is out a bit from the town, the room was ok, the bed was very uncomfortable as it was two single beds stuck together. The staff on reception were lovely. We only ate in the hotel on our second night because the town was empty. We had to wait for 20 mins to be handed menus as there was only one member of staff working between the bar and the restaruant. When we ordered our food another couple came in and were refused a table because the chef said it was too late. This was at 8.45. Who turns away business. When we finally got our food 30 mins later it was awful. My boyfriend had a curry which looked like it was chicken breast from a sandwich counter chopped up with sauce poured on top. I ordered fajitas and got chicken in an uncle bens spicy sauce. To make our meal experience even more pleasant the chef kept staring us down from the kitchen. Being a chef myself i didn't appreciate his attitude or the quality of the food. Overall the stay was enjoyable except for the small blip on our last night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for taking time to write your recent review. I am disappointed to read your comments but I accept them as the issue of turning a guest away at 8.45pm was brought to my attention earlier this week by another member of the Team. I am so sorry to hear that the food on the evening in question was so poor, let me assure you this is far from our norm. I am meeting with my Kitchen Team this affternoon to highlight the points that you raised as it is far from acceptable. We do have have a very good reputation locally for the quality of the food and also for the quality and efficiency of the Staff. I am glad to hear that you did find our Reception Team very friendly. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future to showcase to you the level of service that is norm at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. Thanks again for your review it is very much appreciated and is been acted upon immediately.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

room big, bed comfy, big bathroom, breakfast excellent. was a bit awkward to find but overall nice place great value for money would return again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your recent review.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you noticed the Value on Offer.
Please do tell your friends and family as I am sure we will be able to accommodate them and impress them also. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

best hotel we have stayed in of all our weekends in kilkenny, was very clean and the room was big with a great bath and shower, and ample free parking was very easy to find on ring road between the colomel/cork road and the m9 motorway.
we arrived late in the night and were checked in by Clement whom was very nice and welcoming.
breakfast was buffet style plenty of choice and healthy teas and juices.
got taxis to and from the bars in town they were resonable about €7, we drove during the day and parked by the castle (was free on a sunday :) )was easy to find our way:) z
will stay here in the future sick of being ripped off by the hotels in the town that even charged for parking,

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. We do pride ourselves on offering Best Value in Kilkenny. I will pass on you comments to the Team as they love to hear all the feedback, it keeps them motivated to hear of another genuine happy guest.
I will not comment about your checkin given it was I but thank you.
Good to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and the choice available.
Please do tell all of your friends and colleagues about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we would love to welcome them again in the future. Looking forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed there with a stag party and was very impressed with the hotel. The location isnt great but the hotel will call you a taxi and there are very quick to arrive. It is only 6 Euros to the City Centre. The hotel is very quiet, the rooms very clean and the staff helpful.

If I was on a budget I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our location by night is quite away from the street noise of the city centre after nightclubs etc. Delighted that you found our discounted taxi service good.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

A group of twenty girls went up to this hotel on a hen (my sister neing the hen) last night.when we arrived at the hotel one of the girls felt ill from travelling as we had travelled from cork,she was in the reception and vomited and had to be brought to her room (none of this i was aware of at the time)..six of us sat down in the restaurant to enjoy a meal when a member of reception called me out in front of everyone to tell me my 'friend' had vomited.so i rang the girl in the room to tell her come down and clean it up.ten to fifteen minutes later he returned to my table and called me out again in front of my friends to tell me that the girl did not come down and that i would have to clean it myself.i went up to reception but my sister the bride came up after me and said that it was not my fault watsoever that the girl got sick.he said it was not in his policy to clean up after anybody and his cleaners were finished theyr shift but it was ok to humiliate me at the table and make the bride to be clean up someone elses vomit?later i asked him to show me his policy,which he couldnt produce therefore clearly didnt have one.throughout our stay i felt very uncomfortable as they were by no means professional.this hotel and staff are an absolute disgrace we will never stay again and everyone i know will be warned.a dive

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Donlilmer

Thank you for your review. It is with regret that I need to respond to your review in such a negative manner but your comments in calling the Hotel and Staff and utter disgrace is not acceptable. We as a Team in the Hotel serve alcohol responsibly under the responsible serving of alcohol guidelines. Unfortunately I appreciate that your group did drive some distance prior to arriving at the Hotel and were carrying sick bags upon arrival. The person who did vomit in the lobby was barely able to stand and had to be almost carried to her room by two memebers of your party. Had anybody come down ill from natural causes then none of my Team would have had a problem in cleaning up after them. We emeployee a Team of Hospitality Professionals to look after our guests but were over intoxication is involved I believe Adults need to be Adults and be responsible for their own actions.
Thanking you again,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of Kilkenny and I stayed there last week. The rooms are comfortable and the evening meal was excellent. They could however, revamp the breakfast. Although good it was self service all the way

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear that you did not like our self service buffet breakfast. I do hope that you will keep us in mind again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

we stayed 21st april for one night staff very frendly rooms very clean no i mean spotless credit to the cleaning staff & comfy,power shower and bath could find no fault with staff or rooms bar opened til 2am{great ha ha} breakfast let it down ,buffet style food was cold,would go back and recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback, it is very much welcomed. I am so sorry to hear that the food on the buffet for breakfast was not hot, I can assure you that we have reviewed our systems since and hope now to have elimated this issue, sorry again.
Delighted to hear that the rest of your stay was very good and that you would be happy to return to us again in the future. Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the spotless room, I will pass it on to our accommodation team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, but in the meantime please tell your friends about your stay with us, we would love to see them.