“a business trip”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 times, its very central location in eire is useful, a nice manager and crew, modern in nature, it is situated next to a business park. clean and well presented. a very nice stay

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Medicworldwide
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer your genuine feedback it is very much appreciated. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with and even more delighted to read that you are happy to continue to stay with us, we love to hear this as it is a real vote of confidence in us. Looking forward to welcoming you back again for your fourth stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I booked this on groupon couldn't believe that it was so cheap. When I got there I realised why. Myself and my boyfriend arrived about half 2 or 3. First of all there was a god awful smell outside the hotel. The bins were overflowing and there was two pint glasses half full from the night before right outside. Checked in which was fine and I must say the man in reception was so pleasant and friendly, really helpfull as well. So went up to our room. Corridors had glasses all over the place. Room was fine very clean etc but my god it was so cold especially in the evening.

We decided to head to the resturant about 6.15, Place was freezing probably cause its so open plan. There was one waitress working in the restaurant and the bar but she wasn't busy as there was only one couple at reception area and 2 couples in the restaurant. All I can say is that I would hate to see her if she was busy. Talk about dragging your heels. She was so slow serving us. She seem to be looking after the other couples more than us. I purposely didn't have any dessert because I just couldn't face waiting that long. For 2 main courses we were there for over an hour. I have worked in the hotel industry and I find the service we got was just terrible. The man behind the reception desk came in to serve I'm guessing as she was just so slow! Other than that portions are massive and food was lovely.

This hotel is fine if you just need to sleep or just passing through but I wouldn't go back there for a break again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JulieOhara
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for talking time to offer us your feedback. I am very disapointed with your experience of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as it is far from the norm I can assure you and I am sure the other reviews can confirm. You did actually arrive earlier than you stated to the hotel and we did accommodate you with an early checkin. You arrived at the Hotel the day after Kilkenny welcomed home the All Ireland Hurling Title and we had many people stay in the hotel following the nights celebrations. I can assure you that the two glasses outside the door were not there long and especially not from the night before. As the Accommodation Assistants service rooms they leave any empty glasses or bottles outside the bedroom doors but these are removed on a regular basic from normal checkin time. With regards to the bins overflowing our bins are emptied each morning just before 7.00am and again just before 3.00pm, are you sure that they were overflowing or did somebody not push the rubish into the actual bin. The smell outside the door which was disgusting I do agree but this was beyond the control of the Hotel as it was fumes let off by a local sewrage system and we reported it immediately to the company responsible. Our heating is termostatically controlled in each bedroom and I am sorry to hear that you did not get to turn up the heating level. I am delighted to read that you found the food very good and that the room was clean, these are areas that we can have direct responsibility over.
Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed for 2 nights during the ploughing festival in a nearby town. I was extremely impressed by the staff, food and rooms at the Aspect. Staff were very friendly and genuine, no falseness. Evening dinner delicious and no waiting, breakfast each morning was plentyfull and you couldnt complain. all in all the food was yumyum. Our room was a great big size.

And a bonus was the reasonable cost. It was a really comfortable stay. I would def stay here again. hotel is a bit out of city but for us that was a posivite as parking was free and there wasnt as much night noise.

1  Thank SandraB2000
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your very kind review of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, it is very much appreciated. I will pass on the feedback to the TEAM today. Your experience is the experience we wish to deliver to each guest that we have stay with us. We pride ourself on Value, Quality Accommodation and Food, Genuine Hospitality and Cleaniness.
Please continue to tell all you meet about your positive stay with us. We love to be busy so we can only do that with your help in spreading the news about us and then by us actually getting the delivery during the stay spot on.
Thanks again for your business, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for our anniversary we got an amazing deal on hotels.com of only €50 per room per night inc breakfast!
The room was modern and spacious with super king size bed extremely comfortable, outside noise was none. There is wired internet in the rooms but no WiFi.
The hotel is in a weird place ie a shopping park its easy to drive to town and back but its a bit long for a walk but the taxis and hotel offer a flat rate of €8 each way if you're having a few drinks in town.
The breakfast was fully cooked buffet with plenty of extras such as fruit, yoghurt etc. it really is a wonderful deal that should be snapped up by anyone visiting the city.

1  Thank Nigel O
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found it to be great value. We even offer a complimentary drink when you book direct, so even better value to be had. Yes our location do guarntee a good nights sleep when one choses to go to bed and yet we are just a 15 minute stroll to the centre or town or as you rightly pointed out we do offer discounted taxi fares ranging from €6-€8 depending on the time of the day or night.
Glad you enjoyed and happy to recommend the hotel to anybody visiting the city looking for accommodation. Please do continue to spreak the good news for us as we would welcome the opportunity to welcome your friends and family going forward.
Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is great value for your money. The room was spotless and quiet. The hotel is very clean and the staffs are friendly.
Breakfast was substantial and lots of variety. The hotel bar is small and adequate.
The taxi cost about €5.00 into the city centre.

1  Thank Dermot15
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for your very positive feedback it is most appreciated. You seemed to hit all the points that are very important to our core values. We believe if you keep the hotel spotless, and the Team to be professional and courtous and the food of a very good quality and all of the above packaged at a very realistic price then we will remain busy and build a fantastic regular business. Most people who with us once return time and time again.
Thanks again for your comments, they will be shared with the Team are our weekly meetings.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife are just back from the Aspect Hotel.It was a lovely hotel,great breakfast,friendly and helpful staff and great rooms which where spotless.The only negative I would have is the hotel location it's a 15-20 minute walk to the city centre so I found we used taxis a lot,but saying that even with taxi fares which are between €7-€9 it was still cheaper than most of the other hotels in Kilkenny.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cannon83

Thank you for your recent review, very much appreciate your kind comments. Delighted to read that you found the Team to be Friendly and Helpfull it is a vital ingredient given we are in the hospitality industry, however not all hotels value it as been important. We are located just outside the city centre but yet just a walk away or even a discounted taxi trip away. Our location is great so close to the city but out of it by night away from the street noise a pubs and clubs close.
Please continue to let all of your friends know about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we would love to be able to welcome them again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The Aspect hotel is a excellent place to go. The restaurant (Ruebens) is really good for the dinner and the breafast, it was delicious. Good price for the quality a the dinner.

The room was quiet and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel is 30 minutes walk to the Kilkenny Castle, 45 minutes of the Cathedral.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our food really do have an excellent reputation locally and I am sure you agreed it is fresh, we cook to order. Glad you enjoyed a peacefull night with us, we are located close to town but thankfully outside enought to be away from the street noise as the city streets are quite narrow and sound carries.
I think you may have taken a wrong turn as you walked to town as the castle is between 15-20minutes walk but a bit late now for you I'm sorry, but I am sure you enjoyed the walk to the city as Kilkenny is very pretty.
Thank you for your valued business it is appreciated.