“Good Hotel Good Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin
“Good Hotel Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Aspect Hotel is on the ring road close to Kilkenny City. I stayed there for one night when I was attending a wedding at a more expensive hotel in the area and I was very pleased I did so. OK, it doesn't have a spa or swimming pool, but it was great value compared to the prices of the other hotels all round Kilkenny. I got a good rate of Eur 60 per night including breakfast (not through the hotel itself). The receptionist was welcoming, pleasant and very helpful. My room was spacious and really clean. The bathroom was on the small side but ideal for one person (probably fine for two, so long as the second person didn't have much in the way of makeup and bathroom items). Note: bring your own shower cap! The buffet breakfast was plentiful and again the staff were pleasant and helpful. Lunch is available in the same area. The soup was home-made and tasty and there was a good choice of snacks at very reasonable prices. The hotel will arrange taxis if you need them and it's a very short trip into the centre of the city. If I had to find fault it was that I could hear noise from the lift during the night as my room was beside it. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet even though it was very busy. I will definitely choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room further down the corridor away from the lift.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zorro0133
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your very kind review and delighted to read that you would be more than happy to to stay with us again in the near future. I can assure you that Aspect Hotel Kilkenny always offer fantastic value for Hotel accommodation and food. However you will always get the very best rates when you book directly on the hotels own website and we will even buy you a drink for booking directly with us.
Thank you for your valued business and please continue to spread the positive news about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny.
Clement Gleeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for a hen party a few weeks ago. Its ideal for a hen or stag party. Wouldn't stay here if going away for a relaxing weekend as alot of hen and stag parties stay here. Its a bit out of the city so you would need a car or have to get a taxi to and from the city. Great value for money and a clean hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your genuine feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can assure you that Kilkenny as a city do attract many Hen & Stag groups so they would have been in all hotels in Kilkenny not just Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. However as you are aware we do put strict policies in place to make sure that Hens and Stags do not comprimise our other guests experience. We are located outside the city but this is a positive for whe you decide to go to bed you willl actually get some sleep, as we are away from the city centre and the street noise associated with night clubs and bars closing.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again to Aspect Hotel Kilkenny in the not too distant future. Thank you for your valued business.
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked last minute when attending a concert in Kilkenny.
First room we were assigned was beside a (quite noisy) boiler room but when I rang reception we were moved without any trouble in the space of 5 minutes.
Hotel quite basic but clean. Reception staff very friendly.

No room service available, which I personally prefer for breakfast, but the breakfast served was lovely.
Bar area very quiet for a wknd night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent feedback. I am delighted to read thaty you found the Hotel to be clean and that the Team are friendly. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We bought a package deal for this vacation. We arrived in Dublin at 8AM and drove our rental to Kilkenny. The Aspect was a little difficult to get to for first time European drivers but we finally figured out the back way to the entrance. The front desk staff was very courteous and we were so very grateful that they had our room available before the regular check-in time so we could take a quick nap. The beds were a little harder than what I would have preferred but we were so tired that it really didn't matter! We only stayed there one night but it was perfectly fine, I would stay there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to read that you would stay again with us a so much of our business is repeat guests.
General Manger
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Booked at the last minute for a 1 night stay in Kilkenny. Couldn't fault the room / breakfast we received for the princely sum of 50 euro total. Seems popular with the hen / stag parties, so beware if thats not your thing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 16024
Thank you for your very kind feedback. Aspect Hotel Kilkenny provides the very best valueevery day in Kilkenny. With regards to your comment about Hens and Stag parties, Kilkenny given its central location seems to attract hens and stags so I can assure you that all hotels in Kilkenny do accommodate them, but thankfully we do have policies in place to make sure that their stay does not impact on our other guests experience.
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was nicer than I expected. The staff members were friendly and helpful and the room was great. The location is a couple miles from the city centre, so if you don't have a car it wouldn't be the best place to stay, but since we rented a car it was perfect for us. Breakfast was included in the price, which is rare in Ireland. The room was very nice and clean. I loved it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa C
Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectation of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. I can assure you that the Team employeed at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny do provide genuine hospitality and want to make sure that all of our guests leave with a positive experience.
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our first trip to Ireland this March.
After a 6 hour flight from NY to Dublin and a challenging drive from Dublin to Kilkenney..we were exhausted and just wanted to unwind.
Well from the moment we checked in until we left this hotel and all of the staff..treated us like family returning home, which is kind of true as my grandparents came from Ireland.
We went to our room and rested for a bit, then wandered down to the bar in the lobby.
I cannot explain it but as I said we felt like we were family sitting in a family bar!
I do wish I had written down the name of the woman who served us but she couldn't have been better!
You can see a bit of her in the photo of my wife at the bar.
A perfect end to a bit of a hectic day.
Nothing super fancy about this place but I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind review, it is very much appreciated as is all genuine feedback. Delighted to hear you felt right at home with us here at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. I have passed on your kind words to Dee our Team member that you captured on camera, she was very pleased to hear your kind words.
I do hope that you enjoyed your trip to Ireland.