“A lovely, relaxing great hotel”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend for the 2nd time in June, again I had a great stay and could not fault the hotel. I arrived early and Sinead on the desk was able to check me in early with my room ready with no problems. The room was spotlessly clean, as was the lobby and corridors of the hotel. The facilities in the room were also very good, especially the comfy beds! Whilst I was there me and my family had a meal in the hotel and the food was brilliant as also it was in the morning for breakfast. All the staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, Joanna and the waiting staff were excellent. The receptionists did also book us taxis to the town for €6 in the day and €8 in the evening, this is a discount to what you would usually pay in Kilkenny. If I am ever in Kilkenny again I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SiobhanMonahan
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Delighted to read you also found the Hotel to be spotless like so many of our other guests? Do you all expect the Hotels to be dirty or is the standard that poor in Ireland or are we just very clean that we stand out from the norm? Thankfully we do have a friendly team of employees and they are dedicated to making each guests stay with us memorable for the right reasons.

There are newer reviews for Aspect Hotel Kilkenny

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Accommodations were clean and nice. The location, though not directly in the heart of the city, it was ideal for us so that were didn't get stuck in the traffic in the city and we didn't have to hear the hustle and bustle of the city outside our room. Also we were very well taken care of by Helen at the front desk. She was VERY accommodating and we appreciate it! As a pregnant woman, it sometimes is the little things that make a big difference.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biff32014

Thank you for your very kind review, delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Helen was delighted with her mention. I am sure you will be looking forward to Christmas this year to share Christmas with your new arrival. (I think I have the right guest in my mind). Our location is great close to the action of the city and yet far enough away to be out of the street noise.
I do hope you had a great stay in Ireland.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a friendly and relaxed hotel.Nothing was too much trouble for the very helpful staff.
Situated on a small retail park about a 5 minute drive into the Town centre but very quiet and relaxing.
Clean roomy room and lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth D
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your very kind feedback and delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Myself and my husband just spent a night at this hotel. Our room was an upgraded room well worth the money. Even though there was a big group checking in at the same time as us we didn't have to wait long. We were greeted by a friendly smile. Our room was massive with a king sized bed. We booked a taxi to town which was organised by reception and only cost €8. When we headed back to the hotel at the end of the night we had a night cap in the bar again staff very friendly. We had a great nights sleep was imagining we would be kept awake by groups as it was a Saturday night but we didn't hear a thing - and I can honestly say the black out blinds are the best we've ever had didn't even know it was morning. Breakfast was fab so much to choose from. Overall a great place to stay cheaper than town but just as good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NETZAR

Delighted to read your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your valued business it is very much appreciated by the Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located outside Kilkenny.

The hotel is a modern build and very well maintained.
The double room was spacious, although the bathroom is a little compact.

The staff seemed fine but I had very interaction with them.

Overall it represented good value

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ConorFi

Great to receive your feedback and delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please continue to inform your friends and family about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, we love to stay busy and much of our business comes directly from repeat guests or guests telling others about the Hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from two nights at the aspect hotel. The hotel itself was clean and we'll presented our room was large with everything you'd need. Breakfast on both mornings was nice and there was lots to choose from. The hotel is however badly situated in the middle of an industrial estate and is approx 30 minute walk into town a taxi costs between 8-10 euro. kilkenny is a fantastic break for all ages. I think we would prefer a hotel more centrally located the next time we return. Staff were very friendly and other than location I could not fault this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lfhayes31
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your very kind feedback. I feel you would have preferred to have stayed in town, but we never actually deny our location but it is just a 20 minute walk to the centre of the city. However many guests who have experienced the city centre prefer to stay with us when they return to Kilkenny as they can get to sleep when they want to and not been disturbed but the street noise as people spill on the the narrow streets once the late bars and night clubs end.
We do hope we will see you back with us again in the future and please note we are always the best value in Kilkenny even allowing for taxi cost in and out from town.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for my birthday weekend. All of the staff where so friendly and always went out of there way to help. Exp. the night staff. The price was great rooms and food was lovely there is a small bar does the job before heading out couldn't drink there for the night hotel is a bit out if the way from town but for the price was worth every penny. The staff really made it for us

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie J

Thank you for the great feedback and the Team love to get the feedback. We are fortunate enough that we do have an excellent team employed at the Hotel and my philosophy is look after the team and they will look after the guests. Our Team do genuinely want all of our guest to leave with a positive opinion of the Hotel and it is a common trend in almost every review. Thanks again and I can assure you your business is valued by all of us here at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny.