“Can't complain at the price”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Can't complain at the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Just a short few lines on this , had to attend a meeting in Kilkenny so it was a late booking and at 49euros I wasn't expecting anything , it's in an odd location beside a retail park .... Friendly welcome , room good for 3 star , old fashioned TV in room , breakfast was Buffett style no complaints except my pet aversion in all irish hotels is queuing for the toaster! All in all I found the staff in both the reception and food and bar areas more than pleasant and would use the hotel again , just be aware it's a fair walk into Kilkenny City but it's great value.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled on business
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback, we value all of our guests genuine feedback. Thank you for staying with us, your business is very much appreciated.
Clement Gleeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

I have stayed here three times on business and I always received a warm welcome. The rooms are comfortable and of a high standard. The restaurant serves wonderful food and offers a wide choice of meals.

On a slight negative, I was woken up during the night, on on my first two visits, by the fire alarm. Apparently, this was caused by someone taking a shower late at night, and the extractor fan not working.

Regardless of being wakened by the fire alarm, this is a great hotel with friendly staff and I have since been back, and will be returning on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TrueIrishWanderer
Thank you for your recent feedback, delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Restaurant has a very good reputation locally for its quality. Sorry to hear that the fire alarm went off twice this was due to someone returning from a night out running a shower and falling asleep on the bed before the actually went to the shower and as a result the steam triggers the alarm system. Thankfully this does not happy often but also it is good to see our alarm system to be so sensitive for in the event we may need it.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel on the outskirts of Kilkenny. Its a 20 min walk to the town centre. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a good size. I disliked the plastic glasses in the bathroom though. Breakfast was plentiful. We had dinner one night too and I couldn't fault it. Great value overall and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bernie K
Thank you for your genuine feedback and your positive comments. I personally am not a fan of a plastic glass in the bedrooms but having seen a documentary on television where the accommodation staff cleaned the guests bedroom glasses from the towels from the previous guest I think you very quickly agree plastic glasses are a very good idea especially when they come sealed in a plastic cover. Thank you for mentioning it to us however.
Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hey guys, Caitriona, Kylie and myself (Lucia) just booked a room in your hotel. We are doing a charity skydive in Kilkenny on Saturday and can not wait to stay in your hotel. We just booked the room a minute ago and the and the lady we spoke to was so nice and accomodating. She was able to provide me answers to all questions asked such as how much the taxi would be into town, the nearest swimming pool and even that they can accommodate for my friend who is a celiac. The price of the room is the cheapest around by far and we just wanted to leave a review to say that if the hotel stay is even half as good as the service we received just booking the hotel then we are going to have a very present trip to Kilkenny and stay in aspect hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
First impression counts ...............thank you for your genuine feedback, our team are dedicated to providing a first class service with a smile first time everytime. I hope once you come to stay you will enjoy the hospitality that awaits you.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Have just returned from a two night stay, excellent hotel, staff are very pleasant, helpful and could not do enough for you. Very spacious room, comfortable bed and good food. No hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda N
Thank you for chosing to stay at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny for your recent trip to Kilkenny. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do inform your friends and family about our Hotel as we love to stay busy and be able to constantly offer our guest the very best value on offer in Kilkenny.
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well just returned from the Aspect Hotel again. Love Love this hotel on arrival was greeted as always by reception team and management with a big hello and warm smiles not that I expected anything else from this crew professional as always. I entered the Room to our usual Rewards members treats so it just starts your stay at the hotel on a high. We had a meal in the restaurant which was delicious a special mention for Eugene he was so attentive and chatty and whatever we asked for he got it without a problem. I just wanted to say reading the other reviews especially the one about things I have stayed in this hotel numerous times to count and I have never encountered such professional, hardworking and honest staff so i think this review is very unfair anyway we are planning our next trip to Kilkenny and the Aspect hotel already

Room Tip: Just One tip maybe when booking try and go for the dinner Bed & Breakfast rate fantastic food re...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helen M
Thank you for returning to stay with us and I am delighted to read that we yet again surpassed your expectations. We value your business and we love to hear genuine feedback from our valued customers.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

[May I say, right from the beginning, that this is NOT a fake review!!!]

I read quite a few reviews of the Aspect Hotel and many were quite derogatory of the hotel. As usual, I was reading the reviews long after booking our stay and shortly before arriving. Of course at that stage it was too late to run...

Well, trip advisor's inherent weakness was exposed again as straight away on arrival, we were almost smothered in care and attention but the wonderful lady at reception, Chloe.

It was late when we arrived but we were snuck into the restaurant just before its official closing time and again were treated like royalty, this time by the fantastic Joanna.

I don't want to spend ages writing this so if you don't mind, I'll just paste in the comment I have just written for the hotel itself:

"We had a wonderful stay. We were made particularly welcome by both Chloe and Joanna who watched out for us the whole two days we were at the hotel. Two very different people who achieved the same thing in completely different ways – a real 'Irish' welcome!
Smart hotel to be employing people of that calibre – good HR dept...!!
Thanks everyone.
Ronan, Máire, Diarmaid & Eilidh"

I know I am only singling out Chloe and Joanna. We were well taken care of also by Colm as we entered the restaurant and I enjoyed his quiet sense of humour!

When we bumped into any of the cleaning staff in the morning they stopped to ask how we slept!!

Yes, the en-suite was smallish but it worked perfectly. This is a commercial hotel in the middle of a ring-road commercial park. I wasn't expecting the Shelbourne Hotel days after a major refurb. In fact, what I was expecting was a dump as that is what many of the trip advisor reviews were leading me to believe.

Another thing (and this is one of my BIG bugbears) was that there was NO nappy on the bed. Joy of joys – YAY...!!! I can't stand them. I usually arrive up to my room, wrecked and just dying to fall into the bed but I know that if I don't remove the plastic under-sheet, I'll wake up in an hour's time dripping in sweat and my night's sleep destroyed. There really is no need for these damnable devices; if people are going to destroy the place, they'll find a way of doing it whether some silly twit in a suit has specified a nappy or not.

Anyway, the Aspect Hotel in Kilkenny does NOT put plastic nappies on the beds!!! Not only that but the beds themselves are high quality complex affairs, so much so that I was tempted to rip off the sheets to see the label so that I could buy one myself for home. Thanks you Aspect suited people – you're obviously people of high moral fibre

Another one – people complained about the reception, the bar and the dining area all being in the one space – yeas they were and may I say well done to the client and the architect who had the guts to go for this wonderful design which made the ground floor public space very open and friendly. This isn't a boutique hotel in an old Georgian town house; one more time, it is a commercial hotel with a big heart.

So, there you go. We had a great two days staying at the small commercial hotel that is the Aspect. Long may they prosper!!

Cheers,
Ronan

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank asalater
Thank you for your genuine feedback and thank you for your very positive comments. We value genuine feedback and thankfully most people can read between the lines of fake and real reviews.
Thank you for your valued business.