“Fantastic value for money”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Booked a twin room, mid week special of 3 nights for 2 came out at £35 per night for the room and breakfast. Room very standard, but clean, nothing tatty and everything worked. Size of the bathroom wasn't a problem. Good blackout curtains, and road noise minimal in the evenings. It made a nice change to be able to open a window rather than listen to air con. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially reception who suggested we book early for dinner due to coach parties coming in. Provided you ate before the 2-3 groups that arrived each night there was no problem. Staff were honest enough to admit if you came at the same time as groups were in, then you probably wouldn't get a meal any time soon. Food was very good value and well cooked. Yes the hotel is out of town on a retail park, but easy to find. Suited us as we had seen the sights of Kilkenny town on a previous trip, and this time needed easy access to main roads. Added bonus was no wedding parties.

Well done to all at Days Hotel, Kilkenny.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank NorthDevonTraveller

Reviewed 22 July 2010

We stayed for one night, it is pretty basic, no frills about it. There was 1 Hen and 1 Stag when we arrived, perfect for groups like that. A bIt disappointed with the restaurant, its pretty much in the lobby of the hotel as you walk in the door, as is the bar. Not in walking distance either to Kilkenny and kind of hard to find as its located in an industrial estate. The bar was a joke, not stocked very well, I had to wait 10 mins while the glasses were washed before I could get drink and even the staff were kind of away with the fairies most of the time, this was both at reception and the bar. I probably would not stay here again unless i had no choice.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Really nice hotel in a quiet location, a couple of miles from the city center. Food was really nice, hotel was spotless and staff were very courteous & accomodating. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

This is a very average hotel, quite some distance from the centre of town and in the middle of a business park. Not near anything except for DIY stores and a KFC.

I checked in quite late (around midnight) as i had just traveled from Portlaoise after work. I was greeted by two bored looking receptionists who just gave me my key and offered me no information as to where the room was, breakfast times, check-out times, etc. The room was average with a very small bathroom. There was a broken bedside lamp and a red stain on the floor that looked like paint.

Breakfast was served in the main reception area and was nothing special. In general this hotel is just somewhere to sleep, no frills and i wouldn't stay here again given the choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JGilleese
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Stayed here last night 17th October and was very disapointed with it. There is no separate bar/lounge/reception/dining area. They are all in front of you when you walk in the door. I have never stayed anywhere else where this was the case.
The Room was fine but the bathroom is tiny. Two people cannot fit in the bathroom at the one time.
They had no Coors Light at the Bar which I couldn't believe as it is one of the more popular drinks.
The breakfast this morning was very poor. We went down at 10.20am and all that was on offer was a Rasher, Sausage, Pudding and fried egg. No beans or mushrooms left and when I asked were they bringing more out, I was told no. There was no bread out for toast. There were no Cups there or Pots for tea. No teabags there. We were told that breakfast was served until 10.30am. Any where else we have stayed would always have a full selection of everything when we go down at 10.20am. It was a Sunday morning and all most everyone that was staying at the hotel went down at the same time for breakfast as is the case where ever you go and stay in a hotel at the weekend.
I have stayed in The Days Hotel in Galway this year and you could not compare the two hotels. It is in a different league altogether.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were comfortable, the food on the restaurant was delicious and the staff were nice but we were told they hotel was a 5 minute drive/10 minute walk from the city but it is most defiantly not. We still however could drive to the city and we really enjoyed our stay despite this.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buttercup539
JaneGeneralManager, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2009

Dear guest,

Thanks you for your positive review on our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you were also very happy with the food. I will be passing your comments on to all the staff.

Apologies that you found the distance to town a bit far. We are only over 1km from the city so I do hope you were given correct directions into the city centre.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. We hope to welcome you back to Days Hotel Kilkenny again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2009

We stayed in the Days Hotel for one night while travelling around Ireland. It was clean, modern, easy to find & the staff were hepful.
The room was nice but the bath was tiny even for a short person.
We dined in the restaurant & the food was great.
The only thing that I wasn't happy with was that our room must of been near the boiler room as it was so loud at night it kept me awake. But apart from that it was a nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coxy80
JaneGeneralManager, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in Days Hotel Kilkenny.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. I will be passing on your comments about the restaurant and food to our head chef and staff.

I do, however, apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the noise coming from the boiler. This noise can not be heard everywhere and we have had someone in to have a look at this and hopefully get rid of the noise. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Kind Regards,