“Decent place”
Review of Marble City Bar

Marble City Bar
Ranked #8 of 33 Nightlife in Kilkenny
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I visited Kilkenny with my family in October 2012. We dined in the Marble City Bar. We chose this place because they had a sign outside saying that they've won "Best gastro pub in Kilkenny" award or something. It was a Sunday and the place was quite busy, we had to wait for a table for a few minutes.

I had a burger, which was average. My family members had fish and lamb shank. I had a taste of the lamb shank and have to say, it was superb. No complaints about service.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Had lunch here outside on the street terrace, good staff and good lunch food/tea at reasonable prices..

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stumbled upon this pub while trying to find a place to eat that hadn't ceased serving food for the evening yet. (Irish restaurants and pubs tend to stop serving at 9, 9:30 or 10.) I had a traditional meat pie meal. It was very good. Service was superior, as well as ambience.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were recommened the Marble City Bar and were very let down. The decor is nice and the menu ok but the service was appaling.

The waitress was very rude and far too busy chatting to the other staff than to get the order right. She forgot our drinks and practically threw the food at us when it arrived. The bread with the Pate was so hard I could bearly eat it and dressing came on the caesar salad even though I said twice I wanted it without. I didnt bother to send them back as she didnt seem to care- felt very uncomfortable in the place. They kept moving people around to fit in bigger groups but didnt even seem to serve them well.

Very disapointed and we should have gone to somewhere else to part with our €40 for a lunch menu.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Have been here a few times, never very impressed, a bit dingy but I am sure it has its fans, We always have the kids with us and not sure that works. Atomosphere lacking