“Wonderful hotel, service and location.”
Review of Pembroke Kilkenny

Pembroke Kilkenny
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Newcastle, Australia
“Wonderful hotel, service and location.”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed here during cat laughs 2012, which was great by the way...

The hotel was fantastically located only a few minutes walk from the centre of town and good food. Service was prompt and friendly every time. Room was much larger than expected, clean and modern. Enough free parking at or around the hotel.

Overall, great value and excellent service. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Gilroy
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Our stay at the Pembroke in the center of Kilkenny was truly a pleasant one. Four of us stayed one night in two rooms. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious enough to feel at home.Our night here was booked with a self-drive tour and was ready for us when we arrived around noon.
It is well situated near the center of Kilkenney so that it made walking about the town easy. We had a quiet and restful night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

A slightly belated review for the Pembroke Hotel in Kilkenny but they definitely deserve one! I organised a team reunion for a group of us who travelled to South Africa last year with the Niall Mellon Township Trust and this year we decided that this would happen in Kilkenny! I did a bit of research for good location, value, facilities and decided on the Pembroke (also based on Trip Advisor reviews). I just want to say that we could not have had a better experience, from the time of booking a number of rooms with the reservation people who worked with me patiently as I got commitment from attendees, to the dinner menu to suit my group of people (I was conscious of budget which the hotel were great with), to sorting me out with equipment to show various slide presentations during our festivities on the night. From the moment of check-in to departure the staff were welcoming, smiling, friendly and extraordinarily helpful (right down to checking me in on line for a flight I was taking the morning after my departure from the hotel). The duty manager on the night of our event could not have done more for me if I'd asked, he sorted all the technology out and had it all up and running before we arrived into our reserved area for our reunion, because we wanted to keep it informal and people could mingle we decided to go for their 'Bowl Food' option - the food was delicious and typing this now I only wish I had had more on the night! The location of the hotel was superb, at the top of one of the main streets but a minutes walk to the hub. I would absolutely recommend anyone considering Kilkenny for any reason to choose the Pembroke, and I just want to give a special mention to Phil Lanigan from the hotel who made our reunion there a seamless and thoroughly enjoyable and memorable experience, with a truly Irish welcome!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed for one night in the Pembroke and were very happy with the hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is perfect for strolling around Kilkenny city with the castle a 5 mins walk away. We had breakfast delivered to our room and it was very impressive.The room was big and spacious. The only issue I would have is the late check in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
LAKE WORTH
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was the first stop on a 7 day self driving tour. Location arranged by Irish Tourisim Dot Com. We (4 of us in 2 rooms) were pleasantly surprised by the nice rooms. It was a bit tricky to find the car park (you turn into the hotel).
There was supposed to be a band in the lounge starting at 10 (an after party for an event). They did show up around 11 (the after party was delayed). Friendly lounge staff.

San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have stayed here so many times over the last couple of years and I think it is fantastic. The location cannot be beaten plus just to be able to park in Kilkenny is great. The staff especially Simon, Caroline, Lucy in reception and Lorraine in the dining room go above and beyond in the service they deliver to the guests. They remember what room I prefer and all the little details, it is like a home away from home! The food is excellent especially the breakfast. I had stayed at The Lyrath (very good) and Mount Juliet (disappointing) before I discovered the Pembroke and from that point on, it is the only place I would stay in Kilkenny - I have recommended the hotel to my family and friends and everyone who has stayed has enjoyed it as much as iI have.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed for one night here on a girls night out. It's location is excellent, within walking distance of Kilkenny castle and the main pubs and restaurants. The check-in was speedy and courteous, the rooms beautifully kept and because our night sleep was interrupted by some late night revellers activating the smoke alarm, the tray charge on our room service breakfast was waived without us having to ask. The staff was friendly and polite and we would certainly return. Triple room and full breakfast came to less than 70 euro for the night. A real treat! We also got a late checkout when we realised we were still munching breakfast and chatting past 12 noon. Highly recommended.