“Modern but perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Sweden
“Modern but perfect!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We had chosen this hotel in advance, but not booked. In spite of its very high standards the cost was very low. Absolutely worth every penny and more. Why the restaurant was not more frequented we do no understand. Wine and food was delicious. Free parking space, 2 minutes walking to the center and castle. At first glance seeing the modern building in an old environment I was bit doubtful, but we left the Pembroke hotel with nothing but positive memories.
Stay there, eat there!

1 Thank Marthinsen
Dear Marthinsen

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experiences at The Pembroke.

I am delighted to hear that you left with positive memories of The Hotel and our beautiful city.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Nearly a top rated, only minor points, actually insignificat. It is good. A visit to the rose of Ireland, Kilkenny, has to be spent at an equally nice hotel. Recommendable.

1 Thank PerBaad
Dear Marthinsen

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We arrived at the Pembroke around 2pm and were surprised that we could not check in until 4pm which threw us off a bit, but thankfully they had a very nice car park where we could leave our vehicle with our luggage in it safely. The hotel is centrally located, close to everything. Their rooms are very clean and modern and they offer a really nice buffet breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again if I came back to visit Kilkenny.

1 Thank Monica W
Dear Ms Walker

Thank you for your useful feedback regarding our check-in time.

This has now been changed to 3.00pm going forward.

I am glad you liked our location right in the heart of the city.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel has a great location, is modern and clean, the rooms are a nice size. Our room 106 was huge and very comfortable. There was a little bit of road noise but didn't keep us from having a good nights sleep. The beds are comfortable but the pillows are quite hard but maybe that is just how the Irish like their pillows not sure. Staff are excellent, breakfast was excellent. Free parking and Wifi. No complaints; I would stay here again. Solid 4* hotel. Good value for the money.

1 Thank swiss_ladybug
DC
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I just came back from a 9-day tour of Ireland and spent two nights at the Pembroke. It was far and away my favorite hotel of all the places I stayed throughout my trip! It has a great location, first and foremost - just about 100 metres off of High Street and a few steps from Kilkenny Castle. The service was outstanding too, from the front desk to the restaurant, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. Ultimately, though, for me a good hotel is all about the room, and the Pembroke delivered in spades. The bed was incredibly comfortable - comparable to a "heavenly bed" at a 5-star hotel in a major chain. The room was incredibly spacious by boutique standards. And the en suite bath was modern and clean. The only thing I'd say to American visitors, (and as an American I noticed this at all of the hotels we stayed at throughout the country, so perhaps it's a common thing among those who are more in the know), I did feel like I was perhaps taking my life a bit in my own hands when stepping out of the tub each morning, as it seemed to be unusually tall compared to what I'm used to in the states, but just hunker down, hang on to the towel-bar, and do your best to land on your own two feet, because for all the other amenities, it was a minor concern and worth the trouble! Also, as someone who was adjusting a bit to jet-lag, the rooms are very quiet and the curtains are fantastic for keeping the room dark. It's almost too good for sleep quality - I slept 14 hours on my first night!

I'd love to find a reason to stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I was in a room at the back of the hotel and at the very end of the hall. I don't know if this...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Crestwood, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2012

You can't beat the location right in the heart of everything. The customer service is awesome as well. They even parked our car for us. The hotel bar was a great place to unwind and talk with other guests after a day out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank annagrace0607
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel 31st May 2012 for the 1st time on a Thursday night escape to Kilkenny. The hotel is bang smack in the city centre c/w free on site parking, its ideal for all shops, pubs, restaurants and the castle. The check in was quick & easy and the room was fantastic, great space and well designed internally. Couldn't fault a thing about the room. The breakfast was really nice and we also liked the fact the staff offered us a complimentary newspaper to our room in the morning. The only negative was that the bar service on the night we were there was none existent and also the bar was like a sauna with the temperature up at 30 degrees. Aside from that it was a great choice of hotel and one myself & my wife will head back to whenever we're next in Kilkenny without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple