“Lovely Country Accommodation”
Review of Nulty's Cottages

Nulty's Cottages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I think the previous reviews say it all. I stayed here with a Hen party in mid August and I really enjoyed the experience. These are lovely cosy houses with lots of space and all the facilities you will need in a beautiful peaceful setting. Would definitely recommend for a group outing!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sinoodles
Nulty, Owner at Nulty's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and thank you for your review, we hope you will be back with your friends very soon. Jean and John Nulty

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed at these cottages lately and loved them! Set in the middle of nowhere, we enjoyed the peaceful countryside surroundings. I stayed in the main house which is perfect for big groups and had everything required. Rooms are spotless. Will def be planning a trip here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your great review, we try to make our guests as comfortable as possible, and we look forward to having you and your friends stay with us again in the not too distant future. Jean and John

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had a wonderful weekend here at Nulty's Cottages with my friends celebrating a hen weekend. Gorgeous location, very private and peaceful with fab scenery. Had a great sing song in the large and comfy sittingroom with loads of space to eat, drink and chill out. All mod cons. So much space for around 15 of us. Telephone for taxis in house which we used regularly and were cheap and we were approx ten mins from town. Had a great chat with John who made sure we were all satisfied. Would love to return here with my family and kids sometime as plenty for all to see and do.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Nulty, Owner at Nulty's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you so much for your very favourable reviews ladies, we look forward to you and your friends joining us again in the not to distant future. Jean and John

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Spent 1 night for a hen recently and thought it was a perfect idea. I wanted to be there for the 2 nights to do it all again! Main house had lots of spacious bedrooms & kitchen/sitting room was very large & perfect for catering large groups who want to sing/dance to their hearts content(which we did! Anone can sing with a bit of drink in them ha)!

Nice touches like tea/coffee/sugar etc already there and extra pillows also areas v clean. Second house is smaller which is perfect to sleep some of the group & can cook there or all meet at main house across the yard. Private area out the back to sit in the sun and chat! 7 mins outside city even though you think you are in middle of nowhere you are actually that close! Unfortunately for us local road got flooded with our lovely summer weather so we had to take a little longer route into the city but plenty of crack in the minibus taxi on the way and back. I believe the owners were very nice and made themselves available if required. I would recommed it for hen or family groups as it had the feeling of country with being v close to City & is private too.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I disagree with my fellow hen... The shower did nt work because we had turned off the heat and there was an electric one in the house. The taxi fare to Kilkenny was higher because the main road was closed and we had to go the diverted route. I thought the houses, the setting and the hospitality we received from John and Jean was second to none and have already booked to go back there with family for next year.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Hi, I organised my friends hen weekend and we stayed in Nultys Cottages. They were ideal for our large group. We stayed in on the Friday night, got takeaways, and we had brought plenty of drink and the living room in the largest house could comfortably fit us all for the evening. They was 18 of us on the Fri night. We had brought a play station and did sing star and because of the rural location, didn't disturb anyone!! There is a phone in the cottages for a Taxi Company which we used numerous times. Taxis intimately the city centre cost between €15/€20. We found the owners very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again either on a hen or for a family weekend away.
Helen.

• Stayed: June 2012

We would like to thank you and your friends for your business, and recommending Nulty's Cottages to your family and friends, and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Jean and John

Reviewed 21 May 2012

A group of 14 of us stayed at Nulty's Cottages for my sister's hen last February, and I can't speak highly enough about them. I was worried about how hard it can be to please everyone in terms of balancing comfort with price - but Nulty's really do give you both. And everyone loved their stay!
The cottages were sparkling clean, and lovely and warm (John lit a fire for us the minute we arrived AND there was underfloor heating), and you have everything you need there.
Other places I have stayed in for Hens, if not hotels, have been pretty basic, but while these cottages look lovely and traditional, they're also newly decorated and have DVD players, decent kitchens etc.
During the day, we had a stroll around the farm and a look at the horses, and then a big group activity in the kitchen/living area of The Forge. Dancing lesson for 14 - no bother! Taxis, take-aways and activity organisers had no problem coming out to the cottages.
John and Jean left us to our own devices for most of the weekend, but were always on hand if we needed them. From the first email they were exceptionally friendly and flexible.
Can't recommend the cottages highly enough, either for a group or personal holiday. I certainly hope I'll be back. Was sorry to leave!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, I remember all the dancing, The Lodge is ideal for large groups, and family parties, it is ,comfortable, spaceous.ideal for dancing lessons! People love to look around the farm, especially the horses and foals, the lambs would have been skipping around when you were here. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon. Kind regards, Jean and John Nulty