“Beautiful Mansion Housr”
Review of Emo Court

Emo Court
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Guided tours very informative and cheaply priced. Beautifully maintained gardens, extending two a few acres. Great fir children.

2  Thank aolbfs

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Wow! Such an amazing place. For lovers of heritage, history and nature Emo is the place to go. The brochure says an hour is sufficient there. I spent 4 hours and I would've spent more only for the fact that I still had to drive home. The grounds are vast and gorgeous and free for people to wander around at their own leisure. I'd imagine that Emo Court features in many wedding albums. The people of Emo and the surrounding area really do make use of the grounds as there were locals walking throughout the many acres enjoying the lake, flora and fauna. The moment you walk through the gate you know you are in for a treat. The house itself is sublime. I couldn't believe my luck that the Office of Public Works provides tours of the first floor. The tours are soo reasonable that you would pay them more if they asked. I only wish that the OPW had more funds to allow for tours of the entire house. The house is completely furnished and really does feel, sound and smell like a home. The previous and most generous owner Mr Cholmeley Dering Cholmeley-Harrison lived there until he passed away in 2008 just shy of his 100'th birthday. The the tour guide I had was so kind and relaxed. You really could ask her anything about the house. There are tea rooms on site which have mouthwatering cakes and desserts. I think they have savoury food also but I couldn't take my eyes off of the desserts!! Go check this place out for yourself. It is worth it and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank tiptopski
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I didn't visit the building,just went for a walk. Beautiful park and the forest, and the lake with swans. Amazing number of various plants and trees, and so peaceful. I really enjoyed it.

2  Thank Ewa S
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Emo is an estate built in 1790 with beautiful grounds and walking paths. The expansive grounds contain deeply wooded glenns, broad lawns and meadow land. For color, the best time is late May- early June when the abundant rhodendron are in bloom,or in fall. The tea room is pleasant, but it especially nice to eat outdoors in the garden.

I would return here again and again for quiet, sedate walks. Those huge old trees are giant Sequoias from California, having reached an impressive size for their age (in Sequoia years).

Dogs are permitted only on leash. The estate is open from Easter to early fall.

2  Thank K D H
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Emo court is a lovely place to visit the gardens are really nice to walk around and the house itself is very impressive. The house tour is extremely resonable at 3 euro per adult and the tour guides and very good. I had a young child with me and the tour guides were very friendly and nice to us. The coffee shop is great and has a good selection of cakes. I would definitely recommend a visit to Emo court.

2  Thank Fusiha