“great anniversary”

Maldron Hotel Limerick
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I stayed there once with my husband celebrating our anniversary, i was really happy with the room. reception upgraded us to the suite as they new about our anniversary. it was really nice surprize. The suite was really spacious and comfortable, we enjoyed the big pool and relaxed athmosphere, in general really nice place...

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2008

Only here for one night, but wouldn't go back. Hotel is very new and modern, however it's location leaves alot to the imagination. The hotel is surrounded by council estates and has a halting site situated near by. Car left at owners risk in carpark....

Hotel itself was very clean and bed extremely comfortable, however there were a few small things that tainted our stay -

1) Staff in the Hotel Spa did not appear very experienced and it all seemed a bit awkward when I asked for a pedicure. Also, front desk (in the spa) were not aware of their weekly specials, so tried to charge me full price! Need to have your wits about you.
2) Ordered room service and salt and pepper sellers were empty. Small matter, but unnecessary oversight by kitchen staff.
3) Plug stopper in bathroom sink did not work.
4) Pedestal bin in bathroom did not work.
5) No fan in bathrooms.

Front desk were extremely professional and helpful, however purely based on location I wouldn't be rushing to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dublin_101
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Found the hotel easy enough as it is just off the roundabout on the main Dublin road. However, there are clearly problems on the outside with people on the roadside. Check in was efficient. All the staff are fantastic. All Limerick lasses that we dealt with and so friendly. The girls couldn't do enough for you at reception, bar or restaurant. The pool staff are lovely. The room was a bit warm but we didn't spend much time there really. I went with my mam and little boy. We had a good time there and it is nice really, only when you are in your room at night, it can be a bit rowdy outside with the traveller kids up and down the steps of the hotel with their bikes. there is an underground car park so your car is very safe. Bottom line is exterior is not nice but the interior and staff lovely.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I stayed here twice.

All credit to the hotel on the fact that they have a nice hotel with average food with helpful staff.

Its a new hotel so you can expect modern, clean functional rooms whereby the test of time has not run its course of the quality of accomodation. There is a good gym, however, it is open to the public and is a very good price so is very very busy after 5pm. There is carvery served during the day in the bar which is only average and service is slow.

The hotel is in a terrible location. It is not central and located within a dangerous deprived council housing area. There are 4 council estates surrounding the property. There is also a gypsy halting site located directly across the road. Parking is at your own risk and even though you may park in the underground car park, they have broken through the vents into this area.

Walking outside the hotel is seriously not advised, even walking the 20 minute walk to the city centre during daylight hours.

Its a nice hotel, nice staff and suitable for an overnighter, certainly not a longer stay.

The price you would expect should be competitive, however, there are better located hotels with similar prices and facilities in much better locations.

In this price range I would recommend the Clarion, Absolute hotel, Jurys Inn, Glentworth.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank BertieBaron
Reviewed 20 July 2008

I stayed in this hotel when it was very busy, booked out with a few large sporting events in Limerick.

I thought that the hotel was fantastic, and the view up through the reception and the circular was impressive. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The reception staff were pleasant, efficient and professional.

Two thinks let this hotel down badly. The noise of a heater or air conditioner outside the room made quite a bit of noise, and I found it hard to get to sleep.

Breakfast was a farce. When I arrived, I attempted to get two breakfasts prepared for myself and my wife, who was to arrive a couple of minutes later. There was very little food available, and when I enquired of the staff would there be any more brought out (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc), they were quite short and rude. They said there would be more, but had no idea when. I got two galsses of orange juice, toast, and took some of what food was left. I then got tea, and some cereal. However, amazingly, the staff said they don't use trays in the restaurant. Therefore, I had to make six trips from the service area to my table. By the time I sat down with my wife to eat, the breakfast was cold. I found the staff to be very unhappy, and extremely unhelpful, unlike the staff in other areas of the hotel. Such a shame that the final interaction with the hotel was so poor.

Generally a fantastic hotel, and great value. Carparking is in a secure undergroud carpark, so the fact that the hotel isn't in the best part of Limerick shouldn't concern you.

Just skip the breakfast!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I visited this hotel one evening in june of this year. I had been unlucky enough to have had a car crash a short distance away and we needed somewhere to stay for just 30 minutes while our relief lift came. Myself and my wife and our three children must have looked like the wreck of the Hespers as we had all our holiday luggage with us and looked prety dishevelled after the crash.
I walked in and asked the manager on duty if we could wait in the lobby until our lift arrived and there was no hesitation at all for this request.When we got all our luggage in and sat down a lovely lady ,Helena, came over to see if we needed anything and to show her sympathy for our plight. She organised coffee and minerals for us and some chocolate for the kids which did help with the shock.
I did not see the rest of the hotel or meet any of the other staff but if this is any thing to go by it must have been good. This was good old fashioned hospitality at its best and was much appreciated. Well done to all and a particular thank you to Helena who deserves so much credit for her genuine help.
It is a hotels duty to receive allcommers and they certainly did that.

Well Done and Thank you.

D+V AND KIDS.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2008

arrived monday evening, was warned by bus driver about the dodgy location of the hotel. there is a tinkers camp directly across from the hotel. this made us feel very uneasy, but to be honest, we didnt see, or hear anything untoward during our 3 night stay.
We were continually ripped of by the taxi drivers, with the exception of a couple of honest ones.
We were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, but would have to agree with other reviews about the bar staff, very slow,

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family