“love the stay”

Maldron Hotel Limerick
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 3 February 2009

I stayed in this hotel. And i really enjoyed my stay. I love the way the staff was v.helpfull. i really enjoyed talkin to the receptionist. were not ment to put names down but this young lady (E.O.G) was very helpfull when i came to stay. the bar staff reseraunt staff and lesiure club staff were also very nice.... i would recommend this hotler to everyone of my friends including people i dont even know.. i cant wait to go back and stay again!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2009

Stayed in there twice. The first time was 1 year ago and it was quite good. That's why when i had to come back to Limerick this year i picked this hotel. But what a disappointment!
What makes you happy? level of customer service, comfort of the rooms and nice food. Can't complain about food, rooms are still new and very comfortable, but ...
I don't want to be unfair to all staff, there might be some nice people there. But there is definitely a problem with a customer care and management should pay a bit more attention.
As I can see I'm not the first here who mentioned it but the behavior of Reception staff was unacceptable!Simply rude! (took down the name - Eileen O'Gorman).
As a result I won't come back again and wouldn't recommend this hotel to any of my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2009

The hotel is in a very poor location. The travellers caravans out front warn you of this on arrival. Never mind I did my home work and there was secure underground parking - or was there? There was underground parking but the barrier was never closed anytime we went in or out but it does have cctv so at least you can watch your car being stolen.
The hotel is quite modern with some odd decor in places - maybe just my taste? The room was excellent, very clean and warm. Clean towels every day with plenty of warm water for baths/showers. Broadband connection and satelite TV so the kids were happy! The restaurant was very nice if expensive. We booked an all in deal that was very good value considering the pound/euro exchange rate. The food was a bit hit or miss a bit like the staff. Some very good others a bit odd! The pool was excellent if unsupervised so the kids happy again. Result! Overall I would go back and would recommend it as value for money on the deal we got.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2008

my husband, daughter and I stayed at this hotel in oct 08. Whle clean, some of the staff were quite rude and offhand. In reception we witnessed the receptionist being rude to a customer in front of other guests.
While we were having an evening meal, kitchen staff were shouting and arguing. The meal was barely edible.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I stayed at the Maldron Hotel Limerick (formerly the Quality Hotel)for 3 nights in mid-September with a party of friends - 14 of us in total.

The rooms were immaculate, beautifully designed and tastefully decorated. Tea, coffee etc was provided and there were ALWAYS enough towels in the bathrooms without having to ask for extra - as it was a party of women that in itself was good!

However, it was the service we received throughout our stay which was amazing and which makes this 3 star hotel 5 star value in my opinion. From the reception staff, to the bar staff, and especially to the restaurant staff, nothing was too much trouble for them - Silvana Porretta, the restaurant supervisor, was especially fantastic at her job; she made us feel special, very welcom and at-ease throughout our stay. I don't know what she gets paid but in my opinion it's not enough!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank FCM001
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I stayed there once with my husband celebrating our anniversary, i was really happy with the room. reception upgraded us to the suite as they new about our anniversary. it was really nice surprize. The suite was really spacious and comfortable, we enjoyed the big pool and relaxed athmosphere, in general really nice place...

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Only here for one night, but wouldn't go back. Hotel is very new and modern, however it's location leaves alot to the imagination. The hotel is surrounded by council estates and has a halting site situated near by. Car left at owners risk in carpark....

Hotel itself was very clean and bed extremely comfortable, however there were a few small things that tainted our stay -

1) Staff in the Hotel Spa did not appear very experienced and it all seemed a bit awkward when I asked for a pedicure. Also, front desk (in the spa) were not aware of their weekly specials, so tried to charge me full price! Need to have your wits about you.
2) Ordered room service and salt and pepper sellers were empty. Small matter, but unnecessary oversight by kitchen staff.
3) Plug stopper in bathroom sink did not work.
4) Pedestal bin in bathroom did not work.
5) No fan in bathrooms.

Front desk were extremely professional and helpful, however purely based on location I wouldn't be rushing to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple