“Lovely hotel but didn't meet expectation”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The hotel was lovely and the welcome was warm. There is a very calm atmosphere so lovely for a relaxing break away. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The power of water spray in the shower was fantastic.
Negatively, we had booked a package including dinner. The menu options available were very limited, and as I was pregnant half of them were unsuitable for me. The food was of very mediocre standard. Two of my party ordered a fish pie that was nearly inedible due to the grease it was swimming in.
We had drinks in the bar afterwards. The woman working there was extremely friendly. I ordered a hot chocolate to take to my room and when I tried it it was disgusting and I poured it down the sink. We spent the following morning in the spa. I had a massage, manicure and pedicure. The massage was not good. She spent an inordinate amount of time on my shoulders and no time on my lower back, which I had requested be worked on as I had a lot of pain there. I chose a colour for my finger nails and when the therapist couldn't apply it properly she used a different colour and expected me not to notice. She didn't look as she filed my nails, the result of which was very odd, irregular shapes and lengths. Afterwards I waited in reception for 25 minutes to pay and eventually gave up and went to the main reception to pay.
This has the makings of an amazing hotel, but lack of attention to detail made it a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank sanae_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

What a wonderful choice of hotel for a relaxing one night spa break with my Mum and sister. A lovely hotel with even more lovely staff. From the moment we arrived, the customer service was second to none. Very personal, very helpful and very welcoming. The food in Brasserie One was certainly the highlight of our stay. Top class.Compliments to the chef. The timing between courses was just perfect and the wine was (very pleasantly) reasonably priced. The breakfast was just as good the following morning. Would like to especially compliment the lady of the house for being most helpful and generous during our stay. Thank You!
.......Stay in No.1, you wont be disappointed :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Patricia-Roberts, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

You were the first to book our new Mother and daughter package and delighted you both enjoyed the experience, hope you can come back some day soon. Have a great christmas and happy new year

Reviewed 26 November 2011

My first experience meeting people in Ireland was at No. 1 Pery Square. It was the most well appointed hotel I stayed in well traveling across the country. The staff was second to none. I enjoyed the tiny bar watching rugby, ate in the restaurant, had spa services and booked excursions with the staff. I was even spoiled to a lift to the train station when I departed.

My room was cozy, the bed like a giant pillow and the washroom with beautiful finishes. It was clean and top quality materials were used throughout.

The hotel was beautiful - a highlight in Limerick!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jess R

THank you for choosing No 1 for your 1st night in Ireland and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, we wish you a very happy Christmas and all the best in 2012

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were wonderful, the food was amazing, the hotel was spotless, the decor was lovely. Very central and the best pillows ever. Great hotel all round.

• Stayed: November 2011

THank you for choosing to stay at no 1 and for sharing your taughts with readers, delighted you enjoyed our little hotel and hope to see you soon again, have a great christmas

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in No. 1 Pery Sq. Last Sat . 19/11/11.
The hotel is homely, warm and inviting which is only added to by the warmth and friendliness of the staff. The bedroom was one of the nicest I have stayed in, and I have done alot of travelling. Bed really comfy and fab pillows! I didn't have time to enjoy the spa but most definitely will on my return.I was too late for breakfast but was offered a pot of tea and a scone before I departed , which was lovely. A special word of thanks to Terri, who was just Fab. I wl definitely be back here again and it was a delight to have found this little gem in Limerick. 5 stars all the way. Well done. Only criticism would be it is a bit pricey for the time of year and the economic climate we are in at present but I was treating myself!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

THank you for your kind words, we are lucky to be tucked away in such a peaceful corner of the city but yet near the hustle and bustle. Hope to see you one day soon again

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Wonderful hotel, very friendly, secure parking, great food, cracking atmosphere, beautiful decor, great big beds, gorgeous shower.... what more could we want! We were really taken care of in Pery Square, and were very nicely surprised by how cool Limerick was in general. Lots of great little bars, steeped in atmosphere, great restaurants, the Georgian Quarter is as nice as a part of a city as you'll find anywhere in Europe. The biggest treat was popping down to breakfast expecting the advertised full Irish breakfast and finding a menu with a choice from The Full Irish, Steak & Eggs, Eggs Benedict and more, plus a full and stylishly laid out buffet of cold cuts of meat and cheese, fruit salad, cereals, fresh fruit juice etc, and all the daily papers. Well worth a visit, we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dookie77

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing your taughts on No 1 and hope you can make another visit one day soon

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Nice place to stay.. both Limerick and the hotel. We hadn't booked anywhere and when we found this the hotel staff proved helpfull and friendly. Free parking, surrounded by good pubs or good food and beer in house.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

THank you for your lovely review, we are not actually part of a chain so forgive us if something mislead you but we are part of many great guide books and accolodes. Hope to see you in Limerick again soon