“Absolutely Fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Cork, Ireland
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We went here on Friday the 30th of August 2013, for 3 nights. From start to finish I could not fault the hotel. The staff were fantastic, helpful, friendly and extremely efficient. Our room was absolutely perfect, high spec and the bathroom was excellent. On the Friday night we ate in the Bar and had excellent food and wine in an extremely relaxed atmosphere. We then went to the main Restaurant on the Saturday night and the food was excellent, the service was spectacular (Thank you Liam) and in fact it was so good we went back again on the Sunday night for our last meal at One Pery Square. The SPA area is lovely, very relaxing and we enjoyed that a lot. On Monday morning we had to check out at 5.30 am as we were both heading back to work. The hotel provided an extensive continental breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, toast, homemade brown bread (which is amazing by the way) and tea and coffee. It was lovely to have this just before making our journey home especially at that time in the morning.

We had such a fantastic weekend, the hotel is so comfortable, luxurious and relaxed all at the same time. I would highly recommend this hotel without any hesitation and will definitely be back in the near future.

Thank you all for a fantastic weekend.

1 Thank PMcC1103
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I shall pass on your kind comments to Liam ( I'm sure he will read your great review too!) See you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hospitality and accommodation were unparalleled. We stayed in 4 hotels during our trip and by far this was the most friendly and hospitable. The room was romantic and spacious and the staff was wonderful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for voting us the best on your visit to Ireland. Lovely to have you come and stay and we bid you a fond farewell
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We chose this hotel because of the tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We had the Pery Suite which was absolutely lovely with huge windows which gave lots of natural light during the day. The bathroom was also fantastic - although no natural light, it was very clean and the shower was amazing. The staff on the reception/ bar were all very friendly and helpful. We only stayed for one night as we were going to a wedding on the following day so we didn't get a chance to use the Spa. I only really have a couple of comments to make. The television in the room was inside the wardrobe, and although you can pull it out and angle it towards the bed, it takes away from the feng shui to have the wardrobe doors open. Secondly, we were both quite disappointed with breakfast. It was described as breakfast 'from the chef's table' and I was expecting something special. Unfortunately, this is the one area where service and value could definitely be improved upon. When I entered the restaurant, I was greeted and told to choose a table which I did fairly promptly. There were only 2 tables which were set up (several others, although empty, were uncleared). My boyfriend joined me after a few minutes and we still waited to be offered a menu or drinks. Another guest came in and went directly to the waitress and gave his order so perhaps he had already experienced a slow wait. While we were sitting there, the waitress (who was on her own) was chatting to the other guests, taking orders etc. eventually i went and asked for some menus and explained that we were in a hurry. The menu was varied but as we had wasted 15 minutes waiting to be acknowledged we had only time for one course so we both ordered the Irish breakfast. While it tasted absolutely fine, it seemed quite mean as there was only 1 egg, 2 very small rashers of bacon, 1 sausage etc. It didn't help that it came out on a very large white plate so it seemed all the smaller. We both felt that this really let down the overall experience of staying at Pery Square.

Room Tip: A room in the old building is worth the extra money
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
thank you for your review and I am glad to read your opening line that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am sorry to hear you felt breakfast was a let down as this is an area we believe needs to be always great! It is strange to read that you only received one sausage as we do serve two with a traditional Irish. I apologise if this happened and have no explanation other than it must have been an oversight, albeit on behalf of chef & waiter! Thank you for your feedback and I hope we will have an opportunity to change your taught's on the No 1 breakfast experience soon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip. The rooms are well-equipped with extremely comfortable super king sized beds. The georgian building has been sensitively restored and the staff were very friendly and professional.

I would thoroughly recommend this excellently-located hotel for any stay in the centre of Limerick. Ideal for business as well as pleasure - I intend to stay again and make full use of the Spa facilities next time!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Guests are always very pleasantly suprised as to how quiet the area is on arrival but yet 5 minutes walk to the hustle and bustle. Try and squeeze in some leisure time on your next visit to indulge in our great spa. Jen and the team would be delighted to look after you.
Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great stay in limerick thanks in no small part to the staff team in number 1 Perry Square. Terry at reception and all the team were more than helpful, nothing was a problem, will be bringing friends back from Armagh to Limerick based solely on my experience at this hotel. Thank you guys, it was great to stay with you, this is what I call 5 star friendly, professional service.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is a 4 star hotel with a 5 star experience. I couldn't say enough about the staff - friendly, efficient and knowledgeable - a great asset to any hotel. Our stay was perfect from start to finish - the rooms were spotless, comfortable bed, fantastic view of the Square. The spa is excellent - we didn't want to leave. The restaurant was spot on - both for a 40th birthday celebratory dinner and breakfast the following morning. The eggs benedict is to die for! I have stayed here twice and cannot wait for my third visit!! Well done guys - you hit the mark when so many higher rated hotels don't!

Room Tip: Book a period style room - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 stars wow, thank you! While we prefer to try and exceed ones expectations rather than highlight stars we have to admit it is nice to be rated 5 star by a guest....thank you, thank you!! Hope to see you again soon
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The beds are so comfortable and food is top quality. Loved my stay. Already planning to return. Service is excellent. I stayed overnight had brunch, drinks and breakfast and a voya facial in the Spa. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Yes Voya is just the best! The best organic facelift one can have at a great price and most importantly a great bed to make the most of the pampering break to No 1