“Perry Square never fails to impress”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This must be the best hotel in Limerick. We have stayed a number of times since it opened & the high standards remain. We had a lovely Sunday lunch & each of the 11 dinners were perfect. The service was very attentive & faultless. There was an event in the hotel (which we were unaware of) and that night when we ordered a drink we were told that the bar would become very busy when the meeting ended so we were given the option of room service, which we accepted. Breakfast was to its usual high standard served efficiently by staff who will even phone your bedroom before they close the breakfast service in case you sleep it out! There is also a well stocked gift shop. Worth every penny.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mullenbeg
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you, great to have you back and delighted you got some time to indulge in the shop. we are at the moment searching for some quirky craft goodies to stock so hopefully we will have more new items on your return. Best wishes to you both

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We had our stay, mini honeymoon with you and from the moment we entered the hotel it was like you were part of a family. The decor was classic yet contemporary which flowed through the beautiful Georgian building. The rooms were very comfortable with the most fantastic and cosy beds.
The staff were very efficient and attended to our every need. A big thank you to Mary who served and cooked our breakfast each morning with delicious food.( ie the granola, the poached cinimmon pears, the homemade bread and jam and the eggs Benedict).Yummmm! she even had the same table reserved for us the next morning very nice touch. Lovely lady, cheers for the cooking tips... Pleasure chatting to you.
I had the pleasure of enjoying a spa treatment which was fantastic.. Tranquility at its best. A must during your stay.
We will definitely be back very soon to enjoy more of your unique hospitality. Thank you again to all the staff at No.1 Pery Square. John & Jose.

• Stayed: September 2013
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for the lovely words, You will be happy to know we brought home 2 great awards from the hotel Gold medal awards last week, best town house in Ireland and best wine experience. Our great staff deserve it and we are proud and thank you to you both...one of our many great customers . Hope to have you back soon again

Reviewed 26 September 2013

One devoutly hopes the owners of this hotel replicate the model they've created in every city in Ireland, because I've stayed in a minimum of ten hotels on my tour through Ireland this month, and my one night at #1 Pery Square remains the highlight of my month. Ironically, I picked this hotel because I couldn't get an extra night at the Bunratty Castle hotel, which I am now very grateful for, otherwise I would have missed this beautiful place. I was given the Yeats room, and since Yeats is my favorite writer, I knew this visit was meant to be. The Yeats room, interestingly, is literally right down the hall from the restaurant/breakfast room, a space so lovely I had to commit it to memory to remind myself of the color choices for later decorating choices. There is a relaxing spa downstairs, where I had my nails done and relaxed in the relaxing room with a cup of tea for about a half hour, and had a hard time leaving, since I was limp from relaxing, but so necessary when on a long trip. There is a nice little art museum/café in People's Park, directly across the street, where I saw an interesting installation about the plight of the worker in Ireland. The People's Park itself is quite lovely to walk through. The Catholic church down the road (ask for the name; can't remember) has incredibly glorious and unique stained glass from 1911-1920 period, so extraordinarily beautiful. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the bus station, which you can see if you turn a corner. However, the real gem here is the room itself, with the most comfortable bed and pillows I can remember experiencing (better than mine at home, which I must do something about). The staff is wonderfully accommodating. The thing is, I have stayed in hotels around the world; there's one memorable five star location in Lake Geneva, where the staff was superb, and I grew up in Hong Kong and got used to very high levels of service. This little place in Limerick, of all places, rivals them, it's that good. They've got an innovative chef in the restaurant who apparently has the opportunity to try things out; she's doing a very good job of being different and new. I think if you're getting off the plane in Shannon, it makes a lot of sense to begin your trip here, but do not expect this level of service all over Ireland; this place just might be unique. One small problem was the design of the bathroom, where I managed to soak the floor just by taking a shower. I think it was the (wonderful) high pressure shower head combined with the glass door that didn't actually cover the area of the floor that needs to be protected when you're showering. You will also have to do some research to find other restaurants in the area; I'm not familiar with Limerick at all, but the research I did indicated that there isn't much to choose from in this particular location.

Room Tip: The Yeats room is on a corner and has a view of the park across the street and a church. The hotel i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alison G

Wow thank you, don't know anyone who has been awarded 10 stars!!! Well thank you for your lovely words, it was great to have you stay. You will be happy to know we just WON BEST TOWNHOUSE HOTEL IN IRELAND AT LAST WEEKS HOTEL AWARDS....as you can imagine we are very excited! Thank you once again

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Isn't it great when you arrive at a hotel and the receptionist arranges for your car to be parked while you are given a welcome cup of tea and a biscuit. The staff here were fab, so polite,mhelpful and cheerful. The hotel itself is boutique in style with the latest trending paint, yet retaining it's traditional quality. The breakfast was great and the bar is open late. It is opposite a park and a short walk to the High Street shops. A big thank you to all the staff but especially to Terry who made us so welcome and made sure we were happy with everything. She is a star. . The spa looked fantastic and has been given an award. Unfortunately did not have time to use it but have been to Thailand and Bali and this spa definitely lives up to those in cleanliness and ambience.. Staff in there could be a bit friendlier though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We are here to take care of people and yes nothing is too much trouble, very happy to do what we can

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel with fantastic staff who definitely go above and beyond their duties exceptional. Restaurant lovely fresh food and so good that we didn't eat out. This is to be recommended to anyone staying in the Limerick area.

Room Tip: One overlooking the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing No 1 and look forward to having you back

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed in No 1 Pery Square for 2nights, we were very impressed with the staff, décor, facilities including spa, guest spaces in the garden and cosy sitting rooms.
the hotel is beautifully designed with luxurious room and bathroom, comfy bed and view of the Georgian square.

The staff at this hotel are different to most and go well beyond the call of duty, we spent a lovely Friday evening sitting on the patio and having drinks in the bar among wedding guests, very relaxed fun atmosphere.

I spent a morning in the spa, I was very happy with Michele, professional and excellent at her job and made me feel very comfortable. I used the steam room, tropical showers and it is so much nicer to enjoy and relax in a boutique spa,

Dinner was delicious and breakfast set us up for the day, we had a cheese and cold meats board on Saturday in the bar and it was yummy too!

There is an interesting art gallery across the road from the hotel and plenty of pubs and restaurants in walking distance

Room Tip: Ring beforehand but all the rooms are suites beautifully decorated!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0Ave2013

Great to hear that, loner stays are great as you get to enjoy Georgian Limerick and our great spa

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the Oscar Wilde suite at No. 1 Pery Square recently. From check in to check out this hotel exudes serenity. From the luxuriously comfortable bed and bedding to the beautifully thick and fluffy towels and high end bathroom gels and potions, you will feel pampered from the moment you arrive. I highly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel and will definitely stay here again if we visit Limerick in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oscar Wilde Suite. I didn't see any of the other rooms but have no reason to b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back