“Wonderful and relaxing stay”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Limerick, Ireland
“Wonderful and relaxing stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here Valentines night and I just didn't want to leave...the room was beautiful and so comfortable, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was devine...I only wish we had booked in for two nights as I just didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Delighted you had such a relaxing time...hope to welcome you back again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I just did a speed test on the wifi in the restaurant. I used speediest.net for the test. The results were: 44Mbps download, 15Mbps upload. That's very good, in my experience, for a public connection. Well done 1 Pery Sq.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
we now recognise fast wifi is as important as a great shower if not more!!!! see you soon
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I decided to bring my wife to No 1 Pery Square as a surprise night away and wasn't sure what to expect. From the moment we set foot on the steps of Pery Square, we were treated like gold. I do a lot of travel, mostly on business and stay in fine hotels all over the world. Pery Square is different - the staff really want to get to know you, without prying so that they can ensure that your stay is extraordinary. I was able to park my car directly outside the hotel with no long walks with bags. Even while checking in at reception we were offered tea/coffee or if we preferred they would drop it up to the room.The staff were more than helpful. We chose to stay in the period room at the top of the hotel and its a long climb of stairs but absolutely well worth the effort. The authentic period room ( I should say rooms as the bathroom was also luxurious), was more than spacious with dimmed lights for a relaxing atmosphere - open fire place, super king size bed and sash windows overlooking the famous peoples park.

We went to a local restaurant and later returned to hotel. There is a very friendly bar and like the other staff, the barman was friendly, jovial and entertaining. Atmosphere in bar was excellent.

Breakfast is on the first floor and the breakfast selection on offer was superb. As well as standard fare of 'Full Irish', you could have Eggs Benedict or much more. I selected the Kippers which is not on most breakfast menus and it was delicious.

From time to time in my travel, I sometimes forget to take my socks or shirt and invariably that is the last I see of them. My wife's jacket still hung in the wardrobe after we checked out. Later, Pery Square contacted me directly and offered to post the coat to my address at their suggestion. My wife drove back in as she wanted another opportunity to feel the relaxed and generous atmosphere of No. 1 Pery Square.

Value for money - exceptional. The room equaled what was presented on the website, the atmosphere was second to none, the staff make you feel that you are the most important person in the hotel (and you know the other patrons feel the same).

Lower your rate, enjoy the welcome - I can't wait until I can return

Room Tip: Lord Barrington Period room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
So true..anytime we can help de stress guests we are happy too
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thanks to all of the staff for our lovely stay in this elegant hotel. Everything was to a very high standard. The hotel is well located in a nice part of Limerick within 5-10 minutes walk from the center. We can't speak highly enough of our recent stay and would not hesitate in recommending it to others.

1 Thank JohnTravel92
thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for choosing No 1
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Both I and my wife have been here a number of times, usually for a drink + a light bite and have unfortunately stayed only once.

There is nothing I can fault; it is great in every way from all the staff that make you feel really welcome to the fine food and wine selection. Terry and Michael always give a great genuine welcome and are fantastic with their attention to detail to give a special mention.

The décor is wonderful which coupled with all the other elements mentioned, makes this a special place to be.

Georgian Ireland at its finest

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
look forward to welcoming you back soon
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great location in the heart of Georgian Limerick. Attention to detail was second to none - food delicious and staff friendly and helpful. Art gallery just around the corner and a lovely public park. Great overall experience.

Room Tip: Only twenty rooms in the hotel - we stayed in Clarke and it was perfect, quiet, bright and clean.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brillo2
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a wonderful experience here, from the moment we stepped in the front door. The receptionist was very welcoming and very generous with her time, showing us around the hotel and bringing us to our room. While this hotel is luxurious and highly comfortable, it still holds great charm and authenticity.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Delighted you had a wonderful experience, see you soon