“Best Hotel stay in years......”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Beautiful hotel in a lovely location opposite The People's Park with secure parking very close by. The rooms are large and luxurious with a wonderful queen size bed. The bathrooms are also large with a bath and superb power shower, best I've had! Staff are very pleasant and welcoming which generates a real homely atmosphere. Bar area is very comfortable and offers a range of lunchtime food and a fab afternoon tea. There is also a lovely outdoor terrace area. We ate in the main restaurant that evening which was also superb as was the fantastic breakfast the following morning. A large buffet with fresh juice, fruit, cereals etc followed by a range of home cooked breakfasts. I could go on and on! The spa area is set in the converted basement area, also beautiful. A lovely thermal suite with saunas, steam rooms and footbaths. I had one of their Voya facials which was very relaxing and gave super results! All in all, probably THE best hotel I've stayed in for a very long time, if not ever. You won't be disappointed, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Great romantic break or family occasion venue, ticks every box.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and of equal comfort
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irishgal007
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Oh thank you for such a lovely review and hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed here twice, most recently on 7 April. Both times I've been in Limerick on business and have stayed alone, so I'm probably not really the target market. Nevertheless, I love this place and consider staying here a real treat.

I was welcomed warmly, with a minimum of form filling, and brought (not directed) to my room. The rooms are named after giants of Irish literature and I think I stayed in the Heaney room. The rooms are compact but luxuriously decorated. Very comfortable bed. Good sized bathroom with one of the nicest showers I've ever had the pleasure to step in to.

There's a good choice for breakfast. You can serve yourself with cereals, fruit, breads and so on. Cooked breakfasts are made to order by the charming person in charge of the room. Check-out again was performed with friendliness and a minimum of fuss.

There's a secure car park a short walk away. I stayed on a Monday night and the restaurant wasn't open but a good alternative was suggested and two members of staff went out of their way to make sure I knew exactly where I was going. Their recommendation was spot on.

This is not a soulless modern 5 star place dripping with bells and whistles. It's a warm friendly hotel, located in a historical building in a lovely old part of the city, with a high standard of service. I love it and it's my first choice place to stay in Limerick city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DrDave66

Thank you for visiting and hope to see you soon

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have just stayed at No1 Pery Square and have to admit that I couldn't have asked for more. Facilities are absolutely fabulous, comfortable beds, powerful showers and in room WIFI with a strong signal!
But that is not what made it the best ever stay...
I was there attending a wedding and as Bridesmaid I had a lot to handle. They helped me out in every way possible. They sent the' bride to be' the salon manager when she had a nail disaster, no charge, sent up nibbles to calm our nerves, no charge, helped co-ordinate guests so that the bride could leave the hotel unseen! The staff were intuitive and on top of all the details, saving us from running around like headless chickens. the babysitting service entertained the children and made the meal very enjoyable.
I could go on but needless to say it would all be 100% positive and I think I've made my point.
Thanks to all the staff but especially the management, you made it the special day it was supposed to be in an effortless, seamless way and I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Wow what lovely words, thank you

Reviewed 23 April 2014

From check in to check out - this is a wonderful hotel. Staff friendly, helpful. Rooms beautiful, luxurious. Spa, incredible. Food, excellent. Well done. This hotel will not disappoint. One thing to note - depending on which room you are assigned - there can be a lot of stairs so if you are not too good with stairs - ask for a room on a lower level!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I travelled here to make contact with an old school friend around the time of a big birthday. No. 1 Pery Square was non open to the public in my youth, and was formerly the town seat of Limerick's leading nobleman, Lord Barrington.

The building itself has been tastefully restored, and there's a new section added that houses modern rooms and the restaurant, where we had an excellent meal with my friend.

To get one of the old rooms, you have to brave the long stairs and absence of lifts that go with large period houses. We were rewarded for taking the good room at the top - the Lord Barrington Room - with fine views over the People's Park.

The only downside was being left for a good while without a room while it was being cleared of a late departing guest - we had arrived from a long car journey at 4 and had hoped to be able to check straight in at that hour. In fairness, the staff were sympathetic, and on all other fronts, up to the mark.

Room Tip: Go for the Lord Barrington Room if you want the full experience.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony_and_Aisling

Look forward to welcoming you back to your hometown soon

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our stay at No. 1 Pery Square was over 2 years ago, and it is still one of my favorite hotels! Very well appointed, cozy rooms with modern comforts, and delicious breakfast. The atmosphere of the hotel was welcoming and warm; we were pleasantly surprised with the helpfulness of the staff throughout our stay, and I couldn't get enough of the fresh scones! The rooms were very clean, and we enjoyed the location in Limerick (convenient to walk almost anywhere).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us, see you soon

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lovely hotel, fantastic staff & very relaxed. The beds are so comfortable. Bedrooms are well equipped. No noise normally associated with city centre hotels. Breakfast is excellent. Great variety of food and excellent service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Yes we are so close to all but yet in the peaceful surrounds of the georgian quarter and peoples park. Thank you for sharing such lovely comments on your experience with us