“Outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Sussex
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This was my third stay at this hotel. The staff were as good as any I have encountered (friendly, helpful, courteous).
The bedroom was large, clean and well equipped and the bed was to die for.
Will definitely be staying there again

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were part of a large corporate booking and they really went the whole 9 yards for us, the extra mile.
Gorgeous meal and beautiful rooms.
Special thanks to Terri at front desk, fantastic help and at your every beck and call.

Will certainly be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We loved this hotel, situated in Georgian Limerick. We were welcomed as friends and it felt like we were visiting a gracious ,beautifully appointed home rather than a hotel. We stayed in a period room the decor was superb . Bathroom had a wonderful shower ,the bed was large and so comfortable . The large windows looked out on a pretty garden with terrace and herb beds .
We dined in Brasserie One in elegant surroundings . The meal was excellent as was the breakfast next morning everything freshly cooked and well presented.
The Spa is located in the basement a most relaxing environment . I enjoyed a great massage and the thermal suite was heavenly .
The staff were all so friendly and obliging . A requested newspaper was procured with a smile . The atmosphere was relaxed . Secure parking was available .
The hotel is situated in a quiet part of the city across the road from a park . It is also close to the centre.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here recently for a wedding. There were some renovations going on, but this did not interfere with the overall great experience. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the decor is relaxing and subtle, the rooms are very nice. Unfortunately we had a view of a concrete wall or two, and there was a missing light in the bathroom, so putting on makeup was a bit of a challenge. These were the only two negatives. The food was excellent, and the breakfast the following day was a total delight. If I ever have to stay in Limerick again, No.1 Pery Square will be my destination!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Beautiful hotel in a lovely location opposite The People's Park with secure parking very close by. The rooms are large and luxurious with a wonderful queen size bed. The bathrooms are also large with a bath and superb power shower, best I've had! Staff are very pleasant and welcoming which generates a real homely atmosphere. Bar area is very comfortable and offers a range of lunchtime food and a fab afternoon tea. There is also a lovely outdoor terrace area. We ate in the main restaurant that evening which was also superb as was the fantastic breakfast the following morning. A large buffet with fresh juice, fruit, cereals etc followed by a range of home cooked breakfasts. I could go on and on! The spa area is set in the converted basement area, also beautiful. A lovely thermal suite with saunas, steam rooms and footbaths. I had one of their Voya facials which was very relaxing and gave super results! All in all, probably THE best hotel I've stayed in for a very long time, if not ever. You won't be disappointed, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Great romantic break or family occasion venue, ticks every box.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and of equal comfort
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irishgal007
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Oh thank you for such a lovely review and hope to welcome you back soon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed here twice, most recently on 7 April. Both times I've been in Limerick on business and have stayed alone, so I'm probably not really the target market. Nevertheless, I love this place and consider staying here a real treat.

I was welcomed warmly, with a minimum of form filling, and brought (not directed) to my room. The rooms are named after giants of Irish literature and I think I stayed in the Heaney room. The rooms are compact but luxuriously decorated. Very comfortable bed. Good sized bathroom with one of the nicest showers I've ever had the pleasure to step in to.

There's a good choice for breakfast. You can serve yourself with cereals, fruit, breads and so on. Cooked breakfasts are made to order by the charming person in charge of the room. Check-out again was performed with friendliness and a minimum of fuss.

There's a secure car park a short walk away. I stayed on a Monday night and the restaurant wasn't open but a good alternative was suggested and two members of staff went out of their way to make sure I knew exactly where I was going. Their recommendation was spot on.

This is not a soulless modern 5 star place dripping with bells and whistles. It's a warm friendly hotel, located in a historical building in a lovely old part of the city, with a high standard of service. I love it and it's my first choice place to stay in Limerick city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DrDave66
Thank you for visiting and hope to see you soon
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have just stayed at No1 Pery Square and have to admit that I couldn't have asked for more. Facilities are absolutely fabulous, comfortable beds, powerful showers and in room WIFI with a strong signal!
But that is not what made it the best ever stay...
I was there attending a wedding and as Bridesmaid I had a lot to handle. They helped me out in every way possible. They sent the' bride to be' the salon manager when she had a nail disaster, no charge, sent up nibbles to calm our nerves, no charge, helped co-ordinate guests so that the bride could leave the hotel unseen! The staff were intuitive and on top of all the details, saving us from running around like headless chickens. the babysitting service entertained the children and made the meal very enjoyable.
I could go on but needless to say it would all be 100% positive and I think I've made my point.
Thanks to all the staff but especially the management, you made it the special day it was supposed to be in an effortless, seamless way and I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wow what lovely words, thank you