“Fab hotel and fantastic service”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
london
“Fab hotel and fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I have stayed here - the hotel is tastefully decorated and has a really good feel about it. Stayed in Kavangh room. Which had comfortable bed. The only down side is there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and I like to have a coffee before I go to breakfast. Please change this as I am coming back soon! The staff here are excellent it's one if the reasons I have returned and will continue to do so. The welcome is always warm, the lady who served breakfast was friendly and attentive and the chef was chatty whilst he created a tasty breakfast. In fact the breakfast here was one of the best I have had and I stay away a lot. The staff here really do make your stay and the decor is fab. I wouldn't consider anywhere else when I travel to this area as would be hard to beat this place.

• Stayed April 2014
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for choosing No 1 and we look forward to welcoming you back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in the Georgian Quarter of Limerick in which I recently had the pleasure of staying on a short break.
The friendly welcome on arrival was a taste of what was to come.The rooms are very clean and comfortable and decorated in keeping with the period of the house. On arrival we were offered a welcome cup of coffee and then a very nice duty manager made our aquaintance.Though this hotel is on a main street it is a nice quite area and in easy walking distance of the City Centre. Returning from our night out in City, we requested a cheese board which was no problem despite the late hour, this turned out to be amazing when accompanied by the wine suggested to us by our hosts and pate which was not part of the board but was given to us on request. I cannot praise the staff enough in this hotel and its as a result of this I cannot wait to return.
The City of Limerick was a revelation to me even though I am only a two hour drive from it. It is historic, full of life, charm and character and offers a great package to all tastes. There are no shortage of hotels in Limerick but for me Pery Square will top my list of priorities on return.

1 Thank John M
we look forward to having you back and thank you
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

On reading all the reviews on this hotel you would expect very high standards and this is how I arrived at No 1 Pery Square recently. I was not disappointed. My only problem was that I couldnt stay longer and enjoy the things I didnt get around to! I didnt get to have dinner there unfortunately, and also didn't get to use the spa. However I will be returning - that's a fact!

Staff were very friendly and accomodating, we were offered tea/coffee on arrival. We were early for check in but only had to wait about 15 minutes until our room was ready.
We stayed in the 'Yeats' room which was fabulous. This is not a big room but was perfect size for us for one night - if I were staying longer I would probably prefer a larger room.
We did not eat in the restaurant as it was closing early on the night we stayed (Sunday).
Breakfast was really excellent at No 1 Pery Square. Loved every bit of it. Worth a 5 star review alone!
Very much looking forward to a return visit to this hotel the next time I visit Limerick.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had finished a 3 day golfing trip with chums and my wife flew into Shannon for her first ever trip to the west coast and after a rough few weeks with sick family and pets, some quality R&R was in order. No 1 didn't disappoint. We checked in later than planned, dumped the bags and headed to the bar, and after a glass of wine/cocktail in the cosy bar off reception, we ate in the main restaurant. The food is very good - modern European cuisine with a lot of locally sourced ingredients - and a very inventive and creative team in the kitchen. We are serious foodies and everything was perfect about the meal - the wine list is interesting and the wines are available in smaller formats which should be the norm. Breakfast was excellent with home made breads. We are in the restaurant on Sunday night and the menu was sufficiently varied for it to be enjoyable again. A lovely breakfast again followed. Guests leave books and magazines for other guests and we borrowed some. All in all, a lovely hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
been just 15 mins from Shannon airport Limerick is a great place to begin a tour of the west of indeed south, glad it all worked out so well for you
Santry, Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I am staying in No.1 Pery Square since January Monday through to Friday and feel I am in a great position to write a review on this wonderful hotel. I am working at Shannon Airport and the journey is very easy - about 20 minutes. Where do I start? The staff are just the greatest from Terry and Eileen front of desk to Kathleen, Andy, Chris and Brid just to mention a few. The décor is fabulous with beds, furniture, drapes and light fitting top notch. The rooms are spacious and it doesn't look or feel like a hotel room. Attention to detail is always a priority. Brasserie One is a great restaurant where breakfast and Dinner is served. I always have a great breakfast and we have dinner quite often serving great food which is a pleasant experience.
If I could award a higher rating for this beautiful hotel, it is deserved. Well done No.1 Pery!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
A pleasure to have you stay and we will miss you on your return . THank you for your kind words
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in No 1 for the last part of our holiday with their Wine & Dine two day package. We were welcomed with tea in the bar, which is a comfy room of sofas and muted colours.

We arrived to find that we were booked for the same weekend as a wedding, and this meant our dinner in the hotel had to be on Thursday night. This was a shame as I had a migraine and consequently couldn't make it through much of the beautiful food presented to us in Brasserie One, the hotel restaurant. The staff were very accommodating though and kind enough to let us take our desserts to our room (for the following day) - however, I really regret not being able to enjoy the meal as we'd planned originally on the Friday. My other half devoured his with great pleasure.

Our room was top-notch, spacious and relaxing, with lovely furnishings. The whole hotel is elegantly decorated. The quiet atmosphere was somewhat disturbed on the second day as some children were running up and down the corridor and shrieking quite a lot but this stopped fairly early in the evening.

We enjoyed the use of the spa & the hotel breakfast was lovely.

1 Thank Nikki_Pr84
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was lucky enough to be awarded the opportunity to stay in this hotel in order to cover Limerick's City of Culture events as a representative for the Belfast Telegraph, and simply cannot recommend it more.
This infinitely intimate, cosy and relaxing boutique townhouse hotel is a must-stay for anyone wishing to unwind!
The gorgeous decor, intimate size (it holds 20 bedrooms), and beautiful food also make it a must-have wedding reception location - for which I am told the hotel can cater to your every need, even closing the hotel to outside guests.
This welcoming hotel boasts a particularly warm atmosphere; not only due to the luxurious surroundings and delicious aroma of beautiful food floating from the Brasserie One Restaurant on the first floor, but also due to the excellent customer-service.
The particularly friendly, helpful and outgoing staff are on-hand around the clock to ensure every query or wish is catered for instantly - and most significantly - with a smile!
Breakfast was a particular highlight - with a cook to order menu in place to accompany all the delicious continental pieces; such as home-cooked scones, banana bread and poached pears to name but a few! Again, the attention given to us as guests added a personal touch, with particular devotion given to every single guest.
However, it must be said the rooms in this outstanding hotel - each one personally named after an Irish poet - are simply exquisite. Luxurious beds, slippers, robes, and a grand bathroom made this unequivocally the best hotel I have stayed in to date.
If staying in Limerick the location; customer-service; sheer attention to detail and cosy atmosphere make this the must-go hotel.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break: be it a romantic holiday; with a family; or a sophisticated vacation with friends. You will come away from this hotel genuinely relaxed and pleased with your stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
thank you for the great rating, see you both soon