“A little Break”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Limerick, Ireland
“A little Break”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a really good night there. The beds, what can we say only that they were the most comfortable that we have ever used in any hotel. Had diner in restaurant, excellent food and service. The staff were warm and friendly in both the hotel and restaurant. Hotel is a great place for a getaway break.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Delighted you enjoyed your little break and hope to welcome you back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our sisters hen here by having Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room. It has to be the most elegant spot in Limerick. From the Georgian house to the food it was amazing. The staff, especially Bríd and Liam were fabulous. Can't wait to return again soon. Thank you for everything, we had an absolute ball and my sister was stunned.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank IRISH074
Clonmel, Ireland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned home after a night away in No.1 Pery Square and my only complaint is that I couldn't stayed longer!
The hotel was easy to find and was walking distance to the City Center. It is situated in a beautiful part of the city and offered beautiful views of the Peoples Park and Georgian Limerick. The area is quiet, with no hustle or bustle.
We were greeted by Eileen on arrival, who welcomed us like one would a friend.
Our room was at the top of the house, but it was well worth the 3 flights of stairs. The room was large and luxurious, with its own fireplace. The bed was amazing, so big and comfortable and topped off by a magnificent headboard. There was a very spacious bathroom, with bath and separate shower. Needless to say it was spotless.
Andy served us lunch and drinks later in the evening. He was friendly and chatty even at the end of his working day. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in any hotel. Fresh and made to order.
I look forward to returning to No. 1 and hope to try out the spa and restaurant on our next visit. I think the staff make the difference to this hotel, the are genuinely welcoming and make you feel at home, setting the tone for a lovely stay.

london
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I have stayed here - the hotel is tastefully decorated and has a really good feel about it. Stayed in Kavangh room. Which had comfortable bed. The only down side is there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and I like to have a coffee before I go to breakfast. Please change this as I am coming back soon! The staff here are excellent it's one if the reasons I have returned and will continue to do so. The welcome is always warm, the lady who served breakfast was friendly and attentive and the chef was chatty whilst he created a tasty breakfast. In fact the breakfast here was one of the best I have had and I stay away a lot. The staff here really do make your stay and the decor is fab. I wouldn't consider anywhere else when I travel to this area as would be hard to beat this place.

• Stayed April 2014
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for choosing No 1 and we look forward to welcoming you back
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in the Georgian Quarter of Limerick in which I recently had the pleasure of staying on a short break.
The friendly welcome on arrival was a taste of what was to come.The rooms are very clean and comfortable and decorated in keeping with the period of the house. On arrival we were offered a welcome cup of coffee and then a very nice duty manager made our aquaintance.Though this hotel is on a main street it is a nice quite area and in easy walking distance of the City Centre. Returning from our night out in City, we requested a cheese board which was no problem despite the late hour, this turned out to be amazing when accompanied by the wine suggested to us by our hosts and pate which was not part of the board but was given to us on request. I cannot praise the staff enough in this hotel and its as a result of this I cannot wait to return.
The City of Limerick was a revelation to me even though I am only a two hour drive from it. It is historic, full of life, charm and character and offers a great package to all tastes. There are no shortage of hotels in Limerick but for me Pery Square will top my list of priorities on return.

1 Thank John M
we look forward to having you back and thank you
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On reading all the reviews on this hotel you would expect very high standards and this is how I arrived at No 1 Pery Square recently. I was not disappointed. My only problem was that I couldnt stay longer and enjoy the things I didnt get around to! I didnt get to have dinner there unfortunately, and also didn't get to use the spa. However I will be returning - that's a fact!

Staff were very friendly and accomodating, we were offered tea/coffee on arrival. We were early for check in but only had to wait about 15 minutes until our room was ready.
We stayed in the 'Yeats' room which was fabulous. This is not a big room but was perfect size for us for one night - if I were staying longer I would probably prefer a larger room.
We did not eat in the restaurant as it was closing early on the night we stayed (Sunday).
Breakfast was really excellent at No 1 Pery Square. Loved every bit of it. Worth a 5 star review alone!
Very much looking forward to a return visit to this hotel the next time I visit Limerick.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had finished a 3 day golfing trip with chums and my wife flew into Shannon for her first ever trip to the west coast and after a rough few weeks with sick family and pets, some quality R&R was in order. No 1 didn't disappoint. We checked in later than planned, dumped the bags and headed to the bar, and after a glass of wine/cocktail in the cosy bar off reception, we ate in the main restaurant. The food is very good - modern European cuisine with a lot of locally sourced ingredients - and a very inventive and creative team in the kitchen. We are serious foodies and everything was perfect about the meal - the wine list is interesting and the wines are available in smaller formats which should be the norm. Breakfast was excellent with home made breads. We are in the restaurant on Sunday night and the menu was sufficiently varied for it to be enjoyable again. A lovely breakfast again followed. Guests leave books and magazines for other guests and we borrowed some. All in all, a lovely hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
been just 15 mins from Shannon airport Limerick is a great place to begin a tour of the west of indeed south, glad it all worked out so well for you