“Just the Best”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Lexington, South Carolina
“Just the Best”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was traveling around Ireland before landing in Limerick for a conference where I was booked into No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa. The hotel is in a wonderful location close to downtown Limerick and across the street from the historic People's Park. They have secured off-street parking, which was extremely helpful as parking in Limerick (and all of Ireland) can be a challenge when you are touring by car. The room was beyond our expectations - clean, wonderfully updated, but still in a classic feel, everything was quite plush, and the in room coffee and tea setup included a Nespresso machine. The included breakfast had a wide selection of hot items and a nice buffet set up with the best scones we had anywhere. However, they were also quite willing to make hot items for us off menu, which was delightful if you have specific dietary needs. They also had a lovely garden seating area outside for guests to sit and relax in.

Finally, I could not say enough about how wonderful the staff was. From arranging for luggage storage when we arrived early, to extra early breakfast on the day we left, to helping mail out some postcards and packages, to working with me when I needed the receipt in a very specific format to meet the insane requirements of the travel reimbursement folks at the office, they were on hand and more than willing to help at every turn. In fact, I liked it so much, my husband and I are highly considering staying again next year on a more relaxed vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Patricia-Roberts, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you so much and hope to have you back soon again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Cheshire, Engalnd
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here only one night and arrived late so we had limited opportunity to fully enjoy the hotel but the decor and overall ambiance were great. We met our daughter in Limerick the next day and staff invited us all back for complimentary coffee and even offered her shower facilities if she wanted.
The room was lovely and comfortable. Nicely decorated with good bathroom facilities. Breakfast was also good with great choice and freshly cooked options.
Wish we could have stayed longer

Stayed August 2014
Limeris best kept secret as we say ourselves! thank you for your lovely review
Cork
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I am just back from a girly getaway at the No 1 Pery Square & Spa. It truly is "No 1." in every way possible. The facilities, food & staff were of the highest standard. We started our visit with a trip to the spa. Jennifer, the spa manager couldn't have been more helpful, friendly or professional. The spa itself is an oasis of relaxation & luxury. From the relaxation room to the treatment rooms it has everything you need for some serious R & R. The entire spa staff were so professional & experienced.
We ate both an evening meal and breakfast in the bistro. The food was delicious and so nicely presented with a superb selection. Breakfast ranged from eggs benedict, to pancakes to the full Irish breakfast... all cooked to order.
Restaurant staff were again first class.
All members of our party commented on the comfort of the beds & the great nights sleep they got. This we feel was due to the high quality orthopaedic beds in each room which staff informed us were made in County Limerick.
Having returned from our trip to No 1 Pery Square I only have one regret..... That we didn't discover this gem of a hotel sooner and we only stayed for one night. I am already planning a return trip in the very near future with family and it can't come soon enough.
Thanks so much to all the staff of No.1 Pery Square for making this such a memorable occasion for us all, especially the birthday girl.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing NO 1 for your celebration , hope to see you soon again
Laois
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is a must. It's probably one of the best I have stayed in. The room very so comfortable. The hotel is exceptionally clean all over. The food is really great and I recommend dinner in the restaurant to anyone. The staff were by far the nicest hotel staff I met. They are really great at there job, not to single one out from the others but especially the lady on reception. Couldn't do enough to help us. Amazing experience. Thank you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel M
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just returned from a recent business trip to Ireland and managed to include an overnight stop in Limerick. I think this is my fourth or fifth stay in One Pery Square and thankfully nothing has changed. The staff as always are very friendly, professional and attentive. The meal in the restaurant was excellent as usual.

My colleague who was staying at the hotel for the first time was extremely impressed and couldn't fault anything. For those who haven't stayed here, the beds are too die for; I never slept in anything so comfortable and honestly you don't want to get up in the morning. Sadly the stay as always ended all too quickly. It's a gem!

Room Tip: Haven't stayed in a room I don't like!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
baltimore, md
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the Townhouse suite. We arrived close to midnight and the guy helped us unload the car and wouldn't even accept tip when I tried to offer it. You walk in and the lighting in the room is ready for you with the TV on the radio to welcome you. We had breakfast each day included as well as a 3 course dinner one night. The food and service were all great. We also each had a 1 hour massage which was amazing. After the massage they have a foot bath, sauna, and steam room that you can use. The location is great, we walked to the local post office and the town was so nice. Also, the townhouse suite has a little bar area in it, but its not a kitchen, its just a sink with cabinets. They have tea and coffee available there too. We also didn't finish our desert at dinner and the waiter himself brought it up to our room. I would definitely come here again. Also free wifi worked great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My sister and myself are just back from a great stay in this beautiful boutique hotel. From the moment we walked through the door to the time we left we were treated like valued guests by the staff and made to feel instantly relaxed and welcome. Our room overlooked the other Georgian Houses on the street and it was lovely to open the big double doors and look out and admire the view. My sister said she had the best nights sleep in any hotel ever; the bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and spotlessly clean with plenty of towels. We loved that the rooms were named after famous writers and poets and it added to the charm of the hotel. The outdoor area was pleasant with little containers of flowers dotted around and if you did get chilly there was plenty of throws to wrap up in. The spa is a must if you are into a bit of pampering and need some chill out time. Food was good and afternoon tea was delicious. The hotel is in a quiet part of the city yet only a five or ten minute walk to the main shopping area. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and when I am in Limerick again, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends