“Pure Luxury”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Ennis, Ireland
“Pure Luxury”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We were sad to leave this beautiful hotel! Such homely surroundings, staff were extremely helpful & friendly and really made a difference. We stayed in the Lord Barrington suite, such a treat! The stairs up to the third floor were a bit of a struggle but the room makes it worth the effort! Dinner in the hotel restaurant was delicious...we cannot praise this place enough the interior was just beautiful especially the floor in the restaurant which is really unusual. Would highly recommend this hotel & spa, a smaller hotel than the norm but the perfect place for a quiet relaxing romantic stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Great you enjoyed your stay at No 1 and dining at Brasserie one. Thank you for your review and we have just made the Bridgestone top 100 restaurants in Ireland and the only for limerick so we are thrilled. Thank you for choosing us for your stay and hope you can make it back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We stayed this last weekend, in the Lord Barrington room - it was heaven! Enormous slipper bath (bath-time will not be the same again), large light bedroom with huge comfy bed, crisp cotton linen and big arm chairs.
Breakfast was a delight as was supper. The staff bend over backwards to accommodate your needs, ine recommended The French Table as a nice restaurant on Saturday and booked us a table there - the food was outstanding.

All in all I would give it 10/10 - peaceful and yet in the city, gracious service, great facilities, amazing bedrooms nd bathrooms....when can I come back?!

Definitely recommend to anyone visiting Limerick.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hospitality is what we are all about and delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Hope you can get back again soon and be sure to indulge in some spa time. THank you
Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Myself and my husband stayed here last weekend for two nights and found from start to finish the hotel experience was fantastic. We arrived on friday and managed to check in early at 1.30pm which was a nice bonus. Had lunch in the hotel which was delicious and headed out for the afternoon. We got a recommendation from reception for dinner that evening in a lovely little italian close b y and were very pleased with the meal. Breakfast the following morning was amazing, I had pancakes cooked to order and my husband had the full irish breakfast, one of the nicest breakfasts we have had in a hotel for quite some time. That evening we had dinner in the hotel and again neither of us could fault the food, and the staff were so efficient even though the restaurant was full, they dealt with all requests promtly. We had breakfast in bed the following morning, which was a real treat and although one or two things were forgotten on our breakfast tray this was quickly brought to our room with apologies. We also used the spa for treatments which was good but if i was to give one small criticism it would be that some of the staff were quite noisy. While I was in having my treatment I could hear staff members laughing and joking outside the room. This unfortunately is the only criticism I would make and it could be easily addressed. Spas are for relaxing and no noise please!! Overall a fantastic experience and we hopefully will return really soon for a weekend.
It is the perfect place for a romantic weekend away......

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Your review is very motivating to all our staff and its great to know when we make people so happy, thank you very much and hope to see you in No 1 again soon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel with my husband. There is not one thing I could fault with our stay. The room was beautifully decorated, bed was incredibly comfortable. Loved the l'occitaine toiletries. Breakfast the next morning was very filling. I had the very tasty eggs benedict and everthing we sampled was just right especially the banana bread and freshly squeezed juices. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others and hope to stay there again.

We had onstreet parking which is free at weekends so we did not enquire about other parking. Loved the proper hairdryer and slippers. Could have done with a few more tv channels but this is just nitpicking.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
what a lovely review, thank you for you kins words and hope to see you back in limerick again soon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I stayed at No.1 in November of 2010 for one night through a pigsback.com voucher I bought. Having read the very good reviews on Tripadvisor, I was expecting quite a lot, especially as I am a Limerick native.

On arrival, check-in was quite efficient and Patricia (I think) was very friendly and welcoming, informing me of the tea and coffee facilities that can be provided if necessary (which I think is a lovely idea, beats that instant rubbish!). On the day in question, the hotel was absolutely freezing, including my room. The second I got in, I put the heating on which took an age to get the room to a comfortable heat. The room itself was lovely, very nice with views over the rooftops of Limerick city. I decided to take a shower in an effort to warm myself while the room heated up, only to find the water was luke warm! This was very disappointing, especially in a hotel of such a small size where issues like this shouldn't occur. After my shower, I needed to print something off in an emergency so I went to reception to ask. The lady seemed flustered, and told me no such facilities were available which was odd.

That night, I booked dinner in Brasserie One. I can safely say, I have never, ever, been as cold as I was that night in the restaurant. It was as if the air conditioning was on as there was a constant draft. Other customers were also commenting on the temperature, which remained the same for the night. The food was nice, but not something I would rave about. However, breakfast the following morning was one of the best I have ever had with so much organic, wholesome food on offer, although pricey.

We also booked in for a couples spa treatment which was a first for me, and was very enjoyable. The spa is beautiful and very well designed - well done, recommended!

Overall, I feel that the product is there, and the intentions are good, for which the owner should be congratulated on. If these small issues were sorted, I would have no problem in returning.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank failte89
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
We are disapointed to read your review as we aim for 100% satisfaction and more. As you know we have experienced the coldest winter ever in Ireland and I am very sorry if your room or the brasserie was cold for you. We did introduce extra heaters following the first very cold night last December and the bedrooms are individually controlled. Many people comment on the hotel been too warm so I hope you can understand this was a once off during the extreme cold and we they prepared for such weather in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I could not have asked for a better venue,food,and service for our Wedding.From the moment we booked the No1 The Pery for our Wedding it went like clock work.Patricia, Terri & Alan pulled out all the stops & helped make it a very relaxed affair in the most stunning of venues.We looked for an elegant, stylish place with great food & wine for our 75 guests as we did not want a big hall with all the fuss.
I must also mention the great service from the staff with special mention to Christine & Mike.We shall be returning for lunch & dinner on a more regular basis.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review, and for mentioning our staff. Its very rewarding for us all to know we helped make your big day so special. Again we wish you many very happy and healthy years.
ireland
Reviewed 6 January 2011

we used a gift voucher to have lunch here. everything was fine in ordering our starter and main course. however, when we finished our main course we waited 30 mins before my partner had to ask a girl from reception to take our plates away. she took some of it away and took our orders of tea and coffee. we received them in good time but had no sugar and there was nobody around to ask for it. my partner had to move the remaining sideplates to another table. there was an table with empty water bottles and cups etc across from us which was in that state for an hour. somebody came over and removed a few items and left the rest there.

i stress that the staff were pleasant but the place wasn't busy and we didn't really know what to do since nobody would ask us did we want anything more. one door across from us opened to reception which meant we could hear people being greeted on their check in. why don;'t they close it?

the food itself wasn't bad but very overpriced, 14 euros for a main course and 6 or so for a started.

overall i would have been fuming if i hadn't been paying for this with a voucher. i wouldn't go back there, it was a bizarre experience which only needs a kick up the backside to improve it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank McSween
Having read your review I am disappointed we let you down. Tables are not left uncleared for long and I apologise if you arrived just after a busy time. We feel main courses priced at €14 is good value for proper cooked to order Irish food but I take your comments on board. I hope you will give us another chance in the further to show you we do care and take pride in taking care of all guests to No 1.