“Absolutely fabulous!”

The Locke
Ranked #7 of 314 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Locke Bar is one of Limerick's best loved traditional Irish bars and seafood restaurants in the heart of Limerick City's medieval quarter. The Locke is synonymous in Limerick as well as further afield for its genuine Irish hospitality, incredible atmosphere and unforgettable music sessions. If it's traditional Irish music that you're after then The Locke is just the right place for you! Winter 2017 timetable for Irish dancing - Our traditional Irish music 7 Irish dancing kick off at 9pm - 11pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday . Friday & Saturday 7pm -9pm and everyone is welcome! Food is served 7 days a week until 10pm, with a full range of breakfast, lunch and dinner options available throughout the day. The Locke is Limerick's finest gastro pub, situated on the site of one of Limerick's oldest pubs dating back to 1724. Our traditional Irish pub is situated beside the city's most historical landmarks: St. Mary's Cathedral, King John's Castle & The Hunt Museum. This Olde World pub lies on a tree lined quay overlooking the Abbey River. Old wood panelling & open fires make it the perfect place to snuggle down in the winter & in summer you can sit outside in the beautiful riverside setting. No visit to Limerick is complete without a visit to The Locke. The Locke Bar is Limerick's number one Private Party venue for all occasions. With 5 private bars available including Limerick's newest entertainment venue, The Loft, we can cater for up to 350 people, whether it is birthdays, corporate functions, family gatherings, engagements, weddings, hens & stags or something else - all occasions are catered for. We have a wide variety of fresh finger food selections to suit all tastes and all occasions. Whether it's a few mates or a large birthday celebration The Locke Bar Limerick is there to help. And with our heated balcony/smoking area all on the one level, smokers can relax in comfort. Here at The Locke Bar we have traditional Irish music & dance 7 days a week! Our Irish music with Irish dancing .
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderfully friendly staff. The food was so delicious my aunt was talking about it the entire 20 minute ride back to our villa. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Had a couple of pints one afternoon at The Locke and the bar was a perfect venue. Enjoyed a couple of good Irish craft beers and some good wings. The setting along the river was great.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice location, mixed with great food and good service. If the weather is warm eat outside on the quay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were staying at the strand in Limerick, and the locke bar was avidly suggested. It was a short walk across the bridge so we went for dinner. The food was exceptional, and we stayed for a few hours to enjoy some drinks and the weather. It seemed to be a hotspot for the locals, and people ranging from their early 20s to their middle 60s could be seen inside and outside as they enjoyed the evening. I can honestly say, if I were to move to Limerick, this should be my hangout.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Dropped in for a quick snack. As I am on a diet I ordered an open Chicken and tomato sandwich, a pot of tea and a decaf coffee for a friend who had already had his lunch. I stressed that I did not want any garnish or crisps with the sandwich.
Several minutes the lady who served us came back to run thro' the order again. She took ages to enter this simple on to her electronic pad.
Again after sometime the sandwich arrived with garnish and crisps. I had to wait some more before getting my simple order. Eventually I got my sad looking sandwich.
Again after some wait my friend had to go and find a waitress to remind her that we had ordered Tea and Coffee and had yet to receive it.
As if this was the end of it, when I paid I checked the bill to see I had been charged twice for the tea and 4.50 for a small cup of decaf coffee. Not Impressed!!!

1  Thank Aociardha