“Lovely Church and Cemetary”

St. Mary's Cathedral
Ranked #7 of 110 things to do in Limerick
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest building in Limerick is this Protestant church, known for its beautiful architecture.
new york
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lovely Church and Cemetary”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The church contains a great deal of Limerick history. I always make it a point to stop in and visit. The few Euros that you donate help keep this lovely place open to the public.

• Czech first
London, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very informative self guided tour”
Reviewed 15 December 2008

For €2, you get given a pamphlet to guide you around this quaint Cathedral. It's not a huge place so only probably takes you about 30-40 mins to see the whole place, but you the information given is just right, enough to keep you interested without going over the top. Am not a religious person, but i fell in love with the stained glass windows and the view down the aisle from behind the Choir by the original Altar, looking towards the west door with the beautiful oak roof and hanging chandeliers. Very much recommend to all visitors to Limerick check this attraction out.

1 Thank purplenickbo
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“St. Mary's Limerick”
Reviewed 9 November 2006

On my recent visit to IrelandI visited the beautiful cathederal of St. Mary's in Limerick. I'm planning a further visit so I can spend more time exploring this beautiful city.

1 Thank tir-na-nog1
A TripAdvisor Member
“A recent trip to Mary's Cathedral Limeick”
Reviewed 10 March 2002

I took the advise from your web site and went to see St Mary's Cathedral on a recent trip to Limeick. It was well worth the journey. It is just a wonderful building. When I visted in the morning there was a suggested donation of 2 Euros entrance for sightseeing. I was told this money is used to maitain this eight hundred year old building. It seem they get no state funding so they have to depend on donations to keep it open and maintain it.

I was lucky enough to go back there for Choral Evensong which takes place only on the first Sunday of the month at 7 p.m. Naturally there was no charge for entrance to a service. The music and servise was fantastic. It was like I traveled back in time and I was made feel so welcome by everyone. I saw they also have a new web site so I noted the URL and pass it on if you want to check the place out. It is www.cathedral.limerick.anglican.org

Chuck

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“A fantastic place to visit”
Reviewed 10 December 2001

On a recent trip to Limerick Ireland I visited the wonderful St Mary Cathedral. It is a fantasic building and the oldest in this ancient city. I had the good fortune to attend a service there and I can only say the it and choir was as good as the building itself. The I found the people there very welcoming and I can only recommend a vist if you are in the area.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member