“Parking a huge plus”

The Pier Hotel, Limerick
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Budget hotel. Swapped for a river view room. Shoud have stayed with first choice. More updated room. Central location. No frills? Bar can be noisy if you have a room above it however by the time I turned in there was no issue.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mmkjt

Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with good deal b&b .pleased with underground secure carpark with lift to lobby and rooms.could relax without worrying about hordes of knife weilding car thieves...joke!
Hotel super central.Staff pleasant.Twin room nice with desk ,armchairs and tea/coffee stuff.Nice to have bar on site but penty of great ones nearby too.Load of food options nearby too...
Cooked breakfast was very good.Free papers..Nice and warm...
A well run hotel..

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 30 March 2013

i have stayed there several times over the past year, since new management took over. the food is top class and very reasonably priced. the rooms are fantastic, very comfortable and they have everything that you would need for a weekend break. the staff are friendly and very helpful. also there ia a great atmosphere in the bar, with live music often being played. Cant wait to go back! :)

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Had a bit of a problem with rates upon booking which was eventually sorted satisfactorily via booking.com so I won't get into it. The pessimist in me thought we'd be treated differently because of it but I couldn't have been more wrong.

All the receptionists were very friendly and helpful, in particular Christine. The staff in the bar and restaurant were also very friendly and efficient. There was a party on every night we were there which is a good sign.

The bedroom was very small and the shower only had two settings, lukewarm or scalding which was a bit annoying, and the TV was small - but for the price you can't expect more. It was very clean which is more preferable for me, and the bed was comfortable. The room overlooked the street but it was still quiet at night.

Dinner was included and was absolutely lovely, and I'm hard to please. I had the warm chicken salad for starters and cod goujons for mains - I can't wait to go back there just to order them again! The chips were just a little too dry for me.

The breakfast was lovely, not much choice if you're the continental loving type though. Sunday breakfast was a bit of a disaster as it was in the bar instead, there was no juice left and tables weren't set, so we had to stir our tea with a knife when we were eventually served - 15 minutes after we sat down and having had to look for a server. I would put it down to being understaffed, not the girl's fault that was trying to get around to everyone. All she need say was 'apologies for the delay' or something along those lines as she was quite a friendly waitress and it would made it less of an issue.

Location is great, near to all shops and you can walk home after the pub/club. Resident's bar was good also and there was a great atmosphere in there.

All in all we'd stay again if on a budget - much, much better than the likes of Jury's. My friend was equally impressed.

Keep up the good work with the friendly staff - it sets the place apart from other locations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank opticalillusion69
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed for one night on business. There's a free car park underneath which is handy and secure. It's also in a convenient location right in the city centre.
The room was very small and unfortunately it smelled like the previous occupant had been a smoker as there was a strong smell which my clothes picked up. There's free wifi which is also handy and a very small desk.
There was a choice for breakfast which is a plus. It was ok and the lady serving it was very friendly which was nice first thing in the morning.
Would I stay again? I guess...

Room Tip: The hotel overlooks a reasonably busy street so I guess an upper floor or request a quiet one
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank robscott101
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at new years, rooms are slightly small however still good value for money. Staff were very helpful when my friend fell ill and we had to extend our stay! Right in the city centre, great location.
Private car park as well so really handy if you are travelling by car.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jazsun
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel is grand! I am a bit paranoid about picking hotels so I use trip advisor quiet a lot. This hotel was perfect for what we needed its centrally located everything is an short walk away. Thomand is only 20mins walk. The bar down stairs had a good buzz in it after the game which was good normally hotel bars are quiet but this was good.
The rooms are small but sufficient. The only critism of the rooms I would have would be the toilet took too long to fill with water again and was quiet noisy while doing so. But keep the door closed and you won't even hear it.
I had a good sleep, there was some hallway noise at times from the lift and people come in late at night but nothing that would really upset your sleep. The room was quiet warm too which is better than it being too cold.
One big high point was the breakfast was yummy! And they had no problem with me wanted to replace the sausages with a hash brown.
All in all I would stay again it is priced as you get.

• Stayed: March 2013