“Love it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
ireland
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend. Location was perfect staff were so nice all weekend especially a blonde girl in the bar I never got her name but she was so helpful. The food especially the stir fry was amazing. We watched the world cup in the bar and it was so comfortable. Thanks for a great stay and we will be back again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

First, our room was scorching hot!! All night and all day! There was no relief no matter how much the window was cracked. We had to sleep completely nude to find some sort of cooling. In the morning, someone I'm assuming was a staff member, opened our door and walked into our room!! He did not knock, he just walked in! I did not have my glasses on so I do not know what this person looked like or if he saw anything once he made it around the door. But needless to say, I was pissed! It took my husband and I for quite the rude wake up. He shut the door, saying, "Sorry!" Then I heard him one door over, doing it again to the next person!! If this is the housekeeping staff, what kind of place are they running here?! Shouldn't they at least knock first and say "Housekeeping" before barging into someones room at 7:00 in the morning!? Very rude and very embarrassing.

Not to mention, when we came in after 10:00 the night before, we were confronted at the front door by a man with a clip board asking us what room we were in. Why do they need to know that?

Just an all around rude experience. Which is unfortunate for such a good location.

Room Tip: Lock your doors tightly and put out a do not disturb sign
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shannon C

Travellers are raving about these Limerick hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night in June, 2014, got an amazing deal. 12 lads, steak dinner (which was fabulous), pint of your choice, bed & breakfast, all for €50. NOWHERE would you get better value than that..!! Rooms were limited, but ideal for our needs, clean and had everything you would expect. Bar area is spacious, comfortable, and the beer is good. Staff were top notch too. Special mention for Nuala (I think?) in the bar, sorted a lot of sick heads next morning. Overall, a great place for an overnight pitstop, near everything, and I'll definitely be back...!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fintan L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is in a superb location, right along the quays. We stayed on a very sunny Friday and it was great to be able to just leave the hotel, turn a corner and be along the river with multiple bars and restaurants. The staff were friendly and promptly checked us in and out. There is parking underneath and luckily we got there just in time to get the last spot.
I have on complaint though. Our room was facing into the centre of the building which was a grey roofed area. This is not an issue for me, the issue was the dead, half eaten carcass of a pigeon right in our view. This was only one of many items lying in view of our window. Cider bottles and other various rubbish also. It brings down the other good qualities of the hotel which is a shame.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fifipied
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the central of Limerick and does have some secured parking if you are early to get it (free of charge).

The room was spacious but ours had a small window that didn't allow any breeze circulation. The bathroom was basic but was suitable for our needs. The room was clean and tidy so there was no real problems.

Having stayed in a lot of hotels throughout Europe my thought's on breakfast in the hotel is everywhere but the UK and Ireland, not one hotel has delivered value for money or quality. As I was travelling with others who had already booked the included breakfast I could not avoid. The breakfast was not to standard or worth the money. There was very little variety. Coffee and Tea is provided but if you do not like this and prefer hot chocolate then expect to pay extra. Honestly how much does a little mix up powder and milk cost?

The walls of this hotel are very thin. We stayed the weekend that there was a Rugby Union match on. There was a group staying the hotel that were making a lot of noise. This was not laughing or singing noise, it was banging on doors, running up halls and screaming at the top of their voice loud. I know that we were not the only room who reported these noises and the reception made no mention of it when we checked out the next day. When we mentioned it to the reception they were "surprised" to hear of this. I understand that a hotel can not really control their clientele but to plead ignorance was not good service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times but this was my first time since 2011 and on my way from the station to the hotel the taxi driver told me that the hotel had undergone a make over. This time I stayed in room 218 which is I believe the same room that I stayed in in 2010 and the previous visit and to be honest I could not say that the room had changed a lot but as I have always been happy with the room this was not problem. One thing that did catch me by surprise was that the room was not as advertised in that it did not have a bath. When booking it was indicated that single rooms had "Shower & Bath" and as I do a lot of walking when I am photographing a city I really do need a bath rather than a shower. My memory may be defective but I was under the impression that the room had a bath way back in 2011.

Over the years I have learned not to pay extra for the hotel breakfast because they are usually very bad value but the Pier is the one exception to my golden rule as they offer an excellent breakfast that gets one through the day.

I should mention that the front of house staff are excellent and are responsive to any requests or queries.

My honest opinion is that if you are on a budget and are seeking value for money you cannot do better than the Pier Hotel. I plan to visit again in 2015.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank infomatique
Katarzyna M, Manager at The Pier Hotel, Limerick, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind response.We are absolutely delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the time you have spent with us and we look forward to your next stay .
Kind Regards
Katarzyna mrozowska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here recently for 2 nights[sun/mon].First impressions of hotel from outside was that signage was not very prominent[1st thing i seen was sign for quays bar].On entering reception we were greeted with a very nice receptionist who checked us in gave us our room key and then told us lift was out of order[does it ever work]although when we were leaving it seemed that someone was working on it]/Went to our room on 2nd floor down a very narrow corridoor with rooms on both sides[its only 4foot wide]On entering room it had to be the smallest room we have ever stayed in anywhere either ireland or abroad.It was clean however with a very comfortable double bed which took up most of the room.Bathroom was of this also clean.Went to bar had food also very nice served by great bar staff.Went for breakfast next morning this is where it is really yes or no.Limited choice with full irish and mini irish plus scrambled egg or vegetarian with toast also available.Only difference with full irish and mini is 2 pieces of pudding.Now if you want cereal you have to pay 2euro for a bowl[so be prepared to just get your fry up with toast and tea or coffee/no brown bread/yogurts /fruit etc.Very poor.I will say that every member of staff we encountered were very nice and a credit to the hotel/So as i finish up i still am torn between yes or no[maybe price wise would swing yes vote and location] Also noise in corridoor at night is unbearable at times/so no vote could come into force plus the other negatives BUT--------------?

Room Tip: Cant say anything about rooms on other floors but river views could be over smoking area which is lo...
1 Thank cabradub