“Love this little gem!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Limerick, Ireland
“Love this little gem!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Olio & Farina is a gorgeous Italian nestled away in limerick city, most people haven't heard of it, but I would highly recommend it! The food is fresh, delicious and very good value. It is quite small and the decor in the cafe part isn't very nice, but they have tables in their shop part and its lovely. On Friday they have a lady singing blues music which really adds to the ambiance, but book in advance. Defo a must!

Visited January 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to limerick in a while so when I was visiting recently I was unsure about where was good to eat. Then I saw that olio and farina had opened a restaurant next door to there shop ( which does excellent pasta, sauces and other Italian goods ), I decided to give it a try. The food was amazing, the staff were great and it was good value. My fiancé had the chicken and vegetable soup which was full of flavour and totally delicious. I had focaccia and a pasta dish which was superb. If your heading to limerick you should definately pop in and after you can buy some ingredients and give it a go yourself at home.

1 Thank Janet R
Limerick, Ireland
“Nice little spot...”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Popped in with my family for dinner on a Saturday evening,staff couldn't have been more helpful.Most places dread the sight of a baby, a three year old & two stressed out parents! But we were made to feel welcome.
Food was served quickly and was very tasty.
Nice atmosphere to the place.
I would go again..

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The food here was delicious.
Mochas are very nice too, made with real chocolate.
Tiramisu was really yummy too.
The service unfortunately was very slow.

Visited October 2013
cork
“Dirty Toilets & Rude Staff”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I went here with 2 others on Saturday last. I have visited this cafe on a number of occasions and I have bought well presented though expensive gifts for people from here and have been happy with these. This is my second bad experience here, but most have been positive. But But and But I will not return after this experience. I went to the toilet where I noticed a toilet seat with lots of dried in feces on it and no soap in the dispenser. When I went back to my seat a staff member came to our table with her uniform and gave us menus. No greeting, hello - nothing. I decided I would tell her as politely as possible that the toilet needed attending to and it needed soap. She gave me a funny look and walked away. Nothing was the reply. So I was now left with a menu and she walked into the cafe area with the food (you can see it from seated area), she picked up Domestos off the counter and a cloth (all beside the food) no gloves and walked into the toilet. Myself and the 2 others decided to leave as we were a little afraid that this person had no gloves, kept toilet cleaning equipment/products on the restaurant worktop beside the food (clearly kitchen cleaning Domestos/bleach Product too)... so we left. One of the people I was with was very insulted that she hadn't acknowledged our complaint by a yes okay/thank you or just some words. Anyway if you want vomiting and diarrhea I recommend this restaurant, if you want friendly staff and nice food don't visit. Oh the chef was sitting outside smoking when we entered and he gave us all a strange unfriendly look. I know he is the chef, as I've been here before. Luckily for us we didn't see him on leaving.