“Lovely coffee stop”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were going for a walk around on Bank Holiday Monday and came across this charming coffee shop. We weren't too hungry after breakfast, but they had a lovely selections of cakes. I had a slice of apple tart and a hot chocolate and my Mum had a large cappuccino and a slice of apple tart. Lovely and nice clean toilets. Would definitely recommend and will return on my next visit to Limerick.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This has become my favorite coffee shop in Limerick - a city with a plentiful supply of very good ones. Not alone is the coffee - including the decaf - excellent but the snacks, pastries and wine are also top class. It's a small place - basically two large rooms knocked together - with a mishmash of furniture and Italian memorabilia, so it cal fill up easily Lunches are simple and in the early evening there are plates of enticing antipasti to accompany the wine. I think the selection of wine available by the glass could be wider but that isn't easy for a small place to manage. Located in a small pedestrian street in the very centre of Limerick, this is a place worth seeking out.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Olio & Farina is a gorgeous Italian nestled away in limerick city, most people haven't heard of it, but I would highly recommend it! The food is fresh, delicious and very good value. It is quite small and the decor in the cafe part isn't very nice, but they have tables in their shop part and its lovely. On Friday they have a lady singing blues music which really adds to the ambiance, but book in advance. Defo a must!

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to limerick in a while so when I was visiting recently I was unsure about where was good to eat. Then I saw that olio and farina had opened a restaurant next door to there shop ( which does excellent pasta, sauces and other Italian goods ), I decided to give it a try. The food was amazing, the staff were great and it was good value. My fiancé had the chicken and vegetable soup which was full of flavour and totally delicious. I had focaccia and a pasta dish which was superb. If your heading to limerick you should definately pop in and after you can buy some ingredients and give it a go yourself at home.

1  Thank Janet R
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Popped in with my family for dinner on a Saturday evening,staff couldn't have been more helpful.Most places dread the sight of a baby, a three year old & two stressed out parents! But we were made to feel welcome.
Food was served quickly and was very tasty.
Nice atmosphere to the place.
I would go again..